Make a donation

Author Topic: Weston Motorsport Mk5 Rolling Road Day  (Read 42524 times)

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
Re: Weston Motorsport Mk5 Rolling Road Day
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2008, 05:17:38 pm »
^^^^ I'd have loved to have seen that!  :evilgrin:  :evilgrin:  :evilgrin:  :evilgrin:
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline davefish

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2008, 06:58:29 pm »
....Don't worry, Nathan - I upset the R32 boys for you. It's true! Ask anyone there - When your plots appeared on the screen, there was a gasp from everyone assembled and a R32 guy said "Whose car is that!!?" obviously thinking it was a .:R and they all rushed to the screen. But I, quick as a flash, loudly answered "Oh, it must be a GTI" at which us GTI guys fell about laughing and the R32 lads were slightly speechless but then also laughed as they appreciated the banter.

:evilgrin:

Lol, that's not quite how it happened. I think we all realised it was a GTI as you could see it through the window. Still shocking though, and yes, you did rub it in lol. "Over 300bhp, that must be a GTI" I think was your comment haha.

Really good day, I think having a few GTI's added to the occasion. I'll organise another one in Spring/Summer 2009  :happy2:

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2008, 07:02:54 pm »
Dave, and all, are there any other RRs located a bit more central, with me being near the end of back and beyond, that Weston trip was just a little too far!  :sad:
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2008, 07:05:24 pm »
....Don't worry, Nathan - I upset the R32 boys for you. It's true! Ask anyone there - When your plots appeared on the screen, there was a gasp from everyone assembled and a R32 guy said "Whose car is that!!?" obviously thinking it was a .:R and they all rushed to the screen. But I, quick as a flash, loudly answered "Oh, it must be a GTI" at which us GTI guys fell about laughing and the R32 lads were slightly speechless but then also laughed as they appreciated the banter.

Lol, that's not quite how it happened. I think we all realised it was a GTI as you could see it through the window. Still shocking though, and yes, you did rub it in lol. "Over 300bhp, that must be a GTI" I think was your comment haha.

Really good day, I think having a few GTI's added to the occasion. I'll organise another one in Spring/Summer 2009  :happy2:

....Yes, you're right! I remember it better now you have quoted it. You have to remember my age and that I've survived sex, drugs, and rock n roll in Chelsea when a lot younger and so my short term memory is shot!!

:happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2008, 07:08:41 pm »

I was as shocked as everyone Dave as I really didn't think I'd get 300! The stage 2 map Superchips have developed definately compliments the rest of my mods!!

Thanks again for a very enjoyable day!! :grouphug:

T_T, you don't get much more central than Solihull!! :signLOL:

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2008, 07:22:56 pm »

Yebut - when you add on the "fat ar$e" dimensions of East Anglia to the map, then central becomes slightly distorted!  :evilgrin:

I was actually thinking of somewhere around Lesta or Peterbruff.  :wink:
------

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2008, 07:24:59 pm »

Yebut - when you add on the "fat ar$e" dimensions of East Anglia to the map, then central becomes slightly distorted!  :evilgrin:

I was actually thinking of somewhere around Lesta or Peterbruff:wink:

Either's good for me  :wink:

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2008, 07:35:07 pm »

I was actually thinking of somewhere around Lesta or Peterbruff:wink:

Either's good for me  :wink:

There is supposed to be a good VAG tuner in Peterborough, can't remember their name, but they were popular on VAGweb.  I'd defo be up for that.

Dunno about Leicester though, havn't been there for a while now, and when I do go, RRs are the last thing I look for.
------

Offline davefish

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2008, 08:01:34 pm »
Dave, and all, are there any other RRs located a bit more central, with me being near the end of back and beyond, that Weston trip was just a little too far!  :sad:

Jabbasport have a Rolling Road and are familiar with VAG tuning. Not sure how good it is but they are a well known company based in Peterbrough. http://www.jabbasport.com/index.php

You should try to make it to the next Weston Meet in 2009 though chap. More the merrier!

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2008, 08:09:49 pm »

Jabbasport have a Rolling Road and are familiar with VAG tuning. Not sure how good it is but they are a well known company based in Peterbrough. http://www.jabbasport.com/index.php

You should try to make it to the next Weston Meet in 2009 though chap. More the merrier!

That is the one, thanks Dave.

Sadly, my ill health can seriously dent any plans I make.  Somedays, I could drive from Lands End to John O Groats without stopping - well apart from some Tesco 99, other days, I can hardly make it to the shops.  Hence why I tend never to make plans.  :sad:
------

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2008, 08:13:19 pm »
Sadly, my ill health can seriously dent any plans I make.  Somedays, I could drive from Lands End to John O Groats without stopping - well apart from some Tesco 99, other days, I can hardly make it to the shops.  Hence why I tend never to make plans.  :sad:

....I'm sorry to hear that - I didn't realise that your ill health was continuous.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2008, 08:17:58 pm »

....I'm sorry to hear that - I didn't realise that your ill health was continuous.

Thanks.  :smiley:

sh*t happens, and then you die!  I could have ended up in a wheelchair with a severed spinal cord!  :sick:  :sad:  :sleepy:

At least my brain works OK, especially the pi$$-taking part!  :evilgrin:
------

Offline E30m3

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2008, 01:09:45 am »
GreenHouse , awesome result !

What mods do you have ?

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2008, 08:22:52 am »
Cheers Raj!  :happy2:

Bluefin Stage 2 Full TB Milltek, carbon air intake and K&N filter and Neuspeed dog mount thingy!  :evilgrin:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2008, 12:50:09 pm »
More pics and a great vid of Rupo's bonkers Millie'd R32!!  :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

http://www.r32oc.com/photos-videos/7257-mkv-r32-rolling-road-day-pics-vids.html