Author Topic: Geometry calibration, what is it and why?  (Read 17701 times)

Offline the bruce

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 322
  • -Receive: 99
    • my GTI
Re: Geometry calibration, what is it and why?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 11:53:33 AM »
 :happy2: :wink:
"You get what you pay for."

Offline Cij84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 04:29:01 PM »
I know Tony from Lexus Owners Club, he has worked wonders for the IS200's as they came from the dealership how to say it...."not right" he has from what i have seen a fantastic set up in his garage, and able to perform and show you exactly what he is doing to your cars geometry whilst setting it up!!

Chris

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 94
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 05:49:20 PM »
I know Tony from Lexus Owners Club, he has worked wonders for the IS200's as they came from the dealership how to say it...."not right" he has from what i have seen a fantastic set up in his garage, and able to perform and show you exactly what he is doing to your cars geometry whilst setting it up!!

Chris
MANY main stealers completely fook up geometry settings . . .

IMVHO, you should never let a stealer loose on alignments.  I had my previous S4 done by an official Audi garage (Huntingdon Audi), and they messed it up so badly I had two monster blowouts at three figure speeds on the Autoroute in the south of France!  Thankfully Michelin France came to my rescue . . .
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~