Make a donation

Author Topic: *** Santa Pod Results, Photo's & Video's ***  (Read 100865 times)

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
Re: *** Santa Pod Results, Photo's & Video's ***
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2009, 05:40:06 pm »
got my burger after 20 mins!! :signLOL: 14.8 and 14.9 for the little french monkey. only did two runs!! needs to be a track day or airfield day next, straight lines sucks!!! :fighting:
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2009, 05:40:31 pm »
Great day guys, really good to meet loads of new faces, pleased with Phylis's performance, raced 2 stage 2+ Ed30's (1 manual and 1 dsg)and lost down the quarter miles by only .1 of a second. Not bad for Mr Standard  :happy2:.
Seemed the lower the torque gave a better pickup from the start. Track surface very slippy : :grin:

V greenouse  finished in 14.669          V GTiJames finished in 14.597
Reaction times    0.616                                                      0.973
60ft                     2.59                                                        2.58
1/4 m                  14.79secs                                               14.77secs
Mph                     96.90mph                                               96.00 mph

Well chuffed, traction was king and critical to a decent run., dam cold though!!!! and one of my fav's from my cam.

The Stag race was called off due to heavy snow showers closed the Pod strip as we were both on the start line!!!

:drinking:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 05:54:11 pm by Phil Mcavity »

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2009, 05:42:20 pm »
^^^ Isn't NOT an automatic, it's just a superior gearbox  :P :P

Bring on the next RWYB day  :driver:

:evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:...........................Quaife :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

^^ These kind of days really don't help with the slippery slope of modifying do they  :scared: :scared:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2009, 05:57:04 pm »
How the Fook does that VTec fella get down there so fast it's unbelievable  :chicken: Run after run he started perfect.  :fighting:

StevePG needs new oil in his DSG he went down the strip that many times.  :grin:
JPC knows how to get his soot chucker off the line it would be interesting seeing him in a ED 30.  :evilgrin:
And mr wheelmans times were amazing for a standard GTI.  :chicken:
I also saw Billy boy and John_O get beat by a man walking his dog.  :signLOL: hope your car gets sorted Billy  :wink:

All in all a great day shame about the weather it was fooking freezing.  :scared:

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:

Offline vwrascal

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 28
  • If it aint rubbin you aint dubbin
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2009, 06:23:49 pm »

lovin that pic steve   :happy2:

Offline DubwayDan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2009, 06:31:20 pm »
best of the three...

reaction time:  .5024 sec

60ft: 2.7406 sec

1/4 ET : 16.4977

1/4 MPH : 85.47

nice meeting you all  :happy2:

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2009, 06:37:29 pm »
Really good to meet you all, some for the first time, and others again.

Had a great day! Wish I'd stayed at the Pod longer, as it brightened up after that first batch of mild snow!

I think I'm addicted to the drag strip now though, what a rush when you're at that start line waiting for the lights to change!

Shame about the traction problems today, think the tarmac was just too cold, and that red diesel stuff that the marshalls were laying down to allow for burnouts just wasn't evaporating - thereby making the first 60ft pretty slippery!

My best time was as follows:

Reaction time    0.5742                                                    
60ft                 2.7523                                                      
1/4 m              15.1857secs                                              
Mph                 99.78mph  

My excuses: exhaust was too low therefore giving me more drag, poor traction off the line, my wonky numberplate was messing up the aerodynamics......  :grin:

Chris.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 06:39:54 pm by WhiteGTI »
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline RobMKV

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2009, 06:41:16 pm »
Great day, nice to meet everyone. Woke me up joining the KK guys a few junctions before the toll road.

My best was -

Reaction time    0.6862                                                   
60ft                   2.6083                                                     
1/4 m                14.95
Mph                   96.90.78mph 

I think i need abit more power  :confused:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 06:48:56 pm by RobMKV »
New Golf on the Way :D

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2009, 06:55:26 pm »
Hey all..

Good day today! You all left a bit early though!..

Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet all you guys, but I did get a chance to watch almost all of the cars run which was cool!  :smiley:

I had 4 runs over the course of the day, had a few problems with the DSG not allowing me to engage the launch control after the burnout, the dash was lit up like a Christmas tree lol..

Anyways, 3 out of my 4 runs I had a 2.32 / 2.38 / 2.37 60ft time with the launch control..

Bloody typical but my best time of the day I had to set off without the launch control, and the results were as follows..

60ft           2.50
1/8 mile     8.72   @ 92.45 mph
1/4 mile     12.98 @ 118.60 mph

Pretty pleased with the results, especially the 1/4 mile trap speed..

As far as I know this could be the fastest time recorded for a UK MK5 GTI? I may be wrong though..

Anyways, mega day (shame about the weather) but we should definitely do it again soon!! Next time, 100kg+ out of the car and another 100bhp I think!  :laugh: :happy2:

Jonny
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 06:57:43 pm by jonnyc »
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline RobMKV

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2009, 07:00:45 pm »
Another 100 hp, can you get me one of them? 

Nice to meet you jonny.  :happy2:
New Golf on the Way :D

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2009, 07:01:57 pm »
Hey all..

Good day today! You all left a bit early though!..

Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet all you guys, but I did get a chance to watch almost all of the cars run which was cool!  :smiley:

I had 4 runs over the course of the day, had a few problems with the DSG not allowing me to engage the launch control after the burnout, the dash was lit up like a Christmas tree lol..

Anyways, 3 out of my 4 runs I had a 2.32 / 2.38 / 2.37 60ft time with the launch control..

Bloody typical but my best time of the day I had to set off without the launch control, and the results were as follows..

60ft           2.50
1/8 mile     8.72 @ 92.45
1/4 mile     12.98 @ 118.60

Pretty pleased with the results, 100kg+ out of the car and another 100bhp next time im there I think!  :happy2:

Jonny

It was good watching you against Ben. on the 3 runs i saw of yours it looked like your best start. Both of your cars nailed the start and you looked to be just in front by the 60 foot and then easily pulled away there after.  :happy2:

PS i could not believe how your car compared to the black S3 hardly anything in it from start to finish.  :driver:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2009, 07:03:28 pm »
God i'm knackered!!!  :sleepy: And I reckon i've got frost bite in places I really wouldn't liike it too..  :grin:

Anyway, great day chaps and good to see such a big turn out especially on the strip, it's addictive isn't it?  :jumping: Makes for a lot better day when the weather is a the right side of freezing though..
There was some really nnice motors there today (especially the vags obviously  :happy2:) and some seriously quick ones too..
No improvement on my PB time, but did improve somewhat on my terminal speed and finished off with a best of..
60ft -         2.4113
330ft -       5.9923
1/8 ET -     8.8150
1/8 MPH -  88.14
1/4 ET -     13.2099
1/4 MPH -  111.05
I even resulted in chucking the back seats out in the afternoon and somehow managed to run slower  :grin:

Hats off to JC though for a the best of the day, but I will let him post his results..

Anyway, nice to see all you boys again and sorry missed you ya when you all naffed off to the pub for some food but I had just sank a foot long hotdog, so wasnt really that peckish..  :grin:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 07:08:00 pm by Vtec Abuser »

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2009, 07:09:20 pm »
Another 100 hp, can you get me one of them? 

Nice to meet you jonny.  :happy2:

Why dont you buy my K04 when I change  :happy2:

You know you want to  :laugh:
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline billyboy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
  • Billy lar
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2009, 07:20:01 pm »
How the Fook does that VTec fella get down there so fast it's unbelievable  :chicken: Run after run he started perfect.  :fighting:

StevePG needs new oil in his DSG he went down the strip that many times.  :grin:
JPC knows how to get his soot chucker off the line it would be interesting seeing him in a ED 30.  :evilgrin:
And mr wheelmans times were amazing for a standard GTI.  :chicken:
I also saw Billy boy and John_O get beat by a man walking his dog.  :signLOL: hope your car gets sorted Billy  :wink:

All in all a great day shame about the weather it was fooking freezing.  :scared:

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
talk about kicking a man when hes down, me with clutch probz, and poor johno with loss of boost, ah johno
carnt beleave him
 :signLOL:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2009, 07:22:47 pm »
Some pics from my Cheap flasher.... if anyone wants me to remove just Pm me  :happy2:

boobtastic!

When are the High def ones available SteveP?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 07:26:13 pm by Phil Mcavity »