Make a donation

Author Topic: PPC GB GTI Rear Valance.  (Read 4581 times)

Offline bbfb10

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 28
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,83664.0.html
PPC GB GTI Rear Valance.
« on: June 09, 2015, 07:32:50 am »
I bought this part when l had a young driver scratch the back of my car as he tried to get out of his drive. The part was ordered in February but didnt arrive, due to 'supplier issues', until April.

Once it arrived however, the part seemed to be of decent quality, obviously not OEM, but for £112 I couldnt complain. It was well packaged and delivered quickly once PPC GB had them in the country.

I dropped the part off at the bodyshop and collected it just over a week later, in all the painting and fitting cost me another £200 which I felt was good value. The bumper fitted well onto the original parts with no modification or cutting required.

The only minus point in my eyes is that the original arch liners do not fill the gap in the bumper where it flares out, a little research shows that I should have purchased some extra supports to fill these gaps. These are available from the Stealers for a few pounds each, part numbers 1K6-807-739 and 1K6-807-740.

All in all I would say this is a worthwhile upgrade, it tidies up the rear end nicely and the reflectors match the colour of my R32 rear lights nicely. For the price it offers good value for money too.

PPC GB Weblink.
http://www.ppcgb.com/products/ppc-gti-exhaust-r32-look-rear-bumper-with-reflectors-fntng005

Full VCDS Hex + Can.

Offline SeyiiOluwa

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: PPC GB GTI Rear Valance.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 04:03:42 pm »
Looks very nice dude. Sleek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline GTIEagles

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 12:36:30 pm »
That's how I want my rear end to look eventually, maintaining the original position of the tailpipes is a plus too  :grin: I think the rear end of the MK5 GTI's is the only part of the car which lets it down looks wise.

Where did you source the valance from?

Offline Shoy1980

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 01:58:55 pm »
PPC GB maybe?

Offline GTIEagles

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You