Make a donation

Author Topic: KW Clubsports fitted on my Ed 30 now with pics!  (Read 14973 times)

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
Re: KW Clubsports fitted on my Ed 30 now with pics!
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2010, 08:21:47 pm »

Sadly, the latest Audis, including the new RS5, are going down this excessive nannying from electronics - they are using proactive cross axle braking under acceleration! :stupid:

....Am I not right in thinking that reactive response is 'better' (or at least more satisfying to drive) than proactive electronics?
Nope.  The XDS is proactive, in that it works before anything has happened.  EDL is reactive, because it works after.  ABS and BA are reactive, but CDC and EBD are proactive.  The RS5 is using lots of proactive technology, in its rear diff, in the centre diff (though the centre diff is a dual mode - mechanical and electronic), and the front acle EDL is now proactive.  Sad but true.

Nannying = Numb-ifying.
It's like the words of Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" but not like the breathtaking guitar of Dave Gilmour! [RR goes off to enjoy listening to it].

^ A stunning piece of music, imo.  :notworthy:

Or if you prefer it live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wtiNzci1Wc&feature=related

[No apologies for the musical interlude]
Ah . . . cracking Pink Floyd - never tire of them.

A couple of my fave club tracks from a slightly different era:

What this has to do with suspension though - thread well and truely trashed! :ashamed: :ashamed: :ashamed: :ashamed:
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2010, 08:48:58 pm »
that QC track is a true gem  :happy2:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2010, 08:54:12 pm »
that QC track is a true gem  :happy2:
Yup, used to hammer that out when I used to DJ in a private members club - I'd virtually get lynched if I ever forgot it! :ashamed:
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~