Make a donation

Author Topic: Are your needles lit???  (Read 24313 times)

Offline apollo13

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
Are your needles lit???
« on: January 04, 2011, 03:55:56 pm »
Hi guys,

I just need a GTI owner to tell me if your speedo/rev/fuel and temp needles are lit without the lights on?

Thanks in advance  :happy2:
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
Re: Are your needles lit???
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 03:59:48 pm »
hi Lee
Yes they are lit, I noticed it when I last did some bits on my mates Gti before he got his new 3.2 audi TT
Would like mine to be lit
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 04:02:23 pm »
hi Lee
Yes they are lit, I noticed it when I last did some bits on my mates Gti before he got his new 3.2 audi TT
Would like mine to be lit

Good, me too Ed

I think Iv got it sorted mate. Im gonna try it tonight but you need K commander, which I have.

Have you got it?
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 04:08:00 pm »
Hi Lee
I've got 1.4 care of ebay and china
works ok, once you go through the weird set up routine

keep me posted if you get it to work
ed
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 04:15:04 pm »
Hi Lee
I've got 1.4 care of ebay and china
works ok, once you go through the weird set up routine

keep me posted if you get it to work
ed

Who has'nt!  :grin: 

Will do mate.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=7lepjmn75irneco4qphbhv3lg2&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 04:16:53 pm »
Mine are lit... i presumed all GTIs were!

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 04:25:50 pm »
apollo has a GT TDI.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=7lepjmn75irneco4qphbhv3lg2&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 04:31:32 pm »
 note to self... keep up! :fighting2:

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 04:40:41 pm »
apollo has a GT TDI.

Thanks Rich, Yes I only have a derv! I was going to use a R32 cluster when I did my highline swap but I could'nt live with the rev counter not working like it should!!

I have even tried to commision a custom rev counter foil showing revs to 6000 and red line at 4500 in the GTI/R32 style but had no luck...yet!

So for now I'll hopefully settle with lit needles on the standard cluster  :happy2:

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 04:51:36 pm »
That would be difficult, would seem like the car keeps running out of puff mid rev range  :laugh:  Have you tried doctoring the numbers on the outside of the rev foil?

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 04:56:35 pm »
That would be difficult, would seem like the car keeps running out of puff mid rev range  :laugh:  Have you tried doctoring the numbers on the outside of the rev foil?

You've got it! I know Darren (Morty) has done it but it would drive me mad!!!

No all the numbers ect are left clear when the foil is printed/painted black and then filled in white afterwards so very hard to chop and change them around without it looking D.I.Y!!

I was hoping they would bring out a sporty diesel at some point with the same kind of foil!!.......I'm still waiting  :grin:

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 02:54:03 am »
yep doesn't bother me really, would be interested in the lit needles, although i do have an incling how to do it i just don't know which set of hex bits it is on the .bin file to change it...?

Darren

Offline Betty02

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 11
    • iBett
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 08:06:01 am »
Out of interest what is different in all these midline, highline displays I keep hearing about lol?
ADMIN NOTICE: Please do not use the site for advertising!

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 08:09:03 am »
^^^If you do a search, it's been extensively discussed, with pictures.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Betty02

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 11
    • iBett
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 08:29:16 am »
I did have a good route around and found nothing. Will have another look ;)
ADMIN NOTICE: Please do not use the site for advertising!