Make a donation

Author Topic: Nodz's Laser Blue GTI - Mini Mod 1 (24/2/13)  (Read 39950 times)

Offline Nodz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
Nodz's Laser Blue GTI - Mini Mod 1 (24/2/13)
« on: May 09, 2011, 08:36:56 pm »
Thought it was time to start a thread especially as the list of things I'm debating of doing has quadrupled since joining here  :grin:

All I've done so far is get an OEM set of 18" Monza's (refurbed at A1 and look the nuts), some open fog vents and an ipod dock instead of the CD changer. Also some GTI branded bits like seat inserts, RIchbrook GTI tax disc holder and OEM GTI mats..

Next on the list is the brakes to be done but not sure what route to go down as not sure if I plan to tune the car or leave standard power wise but they need sorting as there is apparently only 30% left in the rear pads (according to dealer when it was serviced), trouble is I keep looking at cmdrfire's brembo's and they aint cheap  :scared: lol

After this its cruise control as a definite.. Then I'm looking at getting the head unit done not sure how either of the ideas I have will work as my aerial is in the rear window. i was originally stuck between the Kenwood DNX520VBT that they made for VAG and the RNS 510 with MDI but seem to be swaying towards the RNS.. at the same time as this I want a MFSW fitted but I'm still toying with the highline. Also gonna put some philips bluevision ultra's or extreme's in for now aswell and a new rear badge as white wormed.

Once I've done the bits I will use daily I'll look at getting the cosmetics done, first will be colour coding, not sure about an R32 rear but keep toying with the Idea as I would love to have a quad xzuast but whatever route I would have gloss black on the zuast trim and the front lip bit on the splitter.. Also contemplating some OEM LED rears and full chrome switches, toying with retrofitting xenon's, plus anything else I decide to go on this ever growing shopping list  :signLOL:

Well here's a few pic's to get the thread going (apologise in advance as only on iphone as a decent camera is also on the to buy list, lol)

As it was when I bought it

Cleaning the zuast (Don't think it had ever been cleaned but needs going over again)

Alloys, out with the reps and in with the OEM (refurbed by A1)

and after a wash

Some open vent grills, which fitted alot better than the closed ones that were on there

and some random ones

and that ends they essay  :signLOL:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 03:27:05 pm by Nodz »

Offline ongoing

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Nodz's LB GTI
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 08:43:18 pm »
Looks very nice fella

Offline Jogon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 08:54:50 pm »
Wheels look great where is A1 and how much they charge ?? Mine are just looking a little tired and could do with a clean up...

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 09:05:19 pm »
Wheels look great where is A1 and how much they charge ?? Mine are just looking a little tired and could do with a clean up...

They are in Wolverhampton, as for price it would be best to phone them (01902 871422), as it all depends on what you want doing to them and current condition. Alot of people on here use them and I can say if mine or any other wheels need doing they will be going there

Offline Jogon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 09:10:19 pm »
Many thanks for the info I'll be on the phone in the Mornin...

Offline Jogon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 03:11:45 pm »
Been on the phone today and £95 a wheel 3/4 day turn around with a lend of some wheels for those 3/4 days !! That sound about the right price ???

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 03:36:50 pm »
^That sounds about right, i didn't use the wheels they offer to lend as they set they was refurbing weren't on my car, someone said the wheels they lend are 16"..

You wont be disapointed with the resukts  :happy2:

Offline Jogon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 09:50:49 pm »

:happy2:
Thanks

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
Re: Nodz's Laser Blue GTI - New Rear Phase One Done
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 08:11:48 pm »
Just finish phase one of the rear update, Valeo LED's and colour coded 3d badge:

and a couple from the Rollers at JKM

Just saving for phase 2 now, which will be R32 Rear, complete colour coding and Milltek non res, shallow box, slash cut quad (if they make such a thing, might have to be a custom). I think I'm gonna go for that next over the RNS510 and MDI as I can live with the poverty RCD300 and iPod dock.

Offline RSam84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 12:28:33 pm »
looking good! like the rear lights.

Offline Sie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 02:16:27 pm »
Looks good like the led rear lights. What power did it make?

Sie
Fettled Laser Blue '05 GTi 5dr

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 04:22:15 pm »
Looks good like the led rear lights. What power did it make?

Sie

Thanks  :happy2:  Its a standard car just got the newer DV and PCV on it and it made 197.4bhp which is exactly what it should be so happy its running wel.

looking good! like the rear lights.

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 07:51:15 pm »
Just a quick update, Just had the HU upgraded from the RCD 300 to an RNS 510 with 7P6 BT, MDI and cruise control fitted by Eddie NL with RNS & MDI coming from Nick over on R32OC.

Well impressed with it all and wished I had done it alot sooner than I did, but its done now and I'm over the moon with it. Glad I went for this over the Kenwood. Big thank you to Nick for the bits and Eddie for some bits and fitting them all for me in the snow  :happy2:   :drinking:

Out with the old:

In with the new:

:jumpmove: :jumpmove:

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
Re: Nodz's Laser Blue GTI - Creature Comforts Added
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2012, 08:06:58 pm »
Much better :happy2:

You won't regret buying the RNS and all the other stuff. You will wonder how you got by without them :grin:
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
Re: Nodz's Laser Blue GTI - And it gets taken away
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 09:58:26 am »
Well they are coming to collect the car today, due to a technical cock up it was down to be estimated today but then they realised the car cannot be left anywhere secured they are collecting it and I'm getting either a Matiz or a Corsa  :sad1:

Hopefully it will be under their cut off value and it doesn't become a total loss. If it does there might be some Mint 18" Monza's with Michelin PS3's with 8mm front and 7mm rear up for a swap + cash for 17" Monza's soon or would need 17"'s on the quick as would rather these go on a car and looked after than some breaker flog them on ebay. but thats the worse case scenario.