Make a donation

Author Topic: Damaged driver door / dent costing  (Read 118 times)

Offline TLondon

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Damaged driver door / dent costing
« on: March 17, 2024, 02:41:19 pm »
Well just had the misfortune of scrapping my car door against a pillar in a car park - had better sunday afternoons. Any ideas on cost to fix in south east London (Eltham area). The paintwork isn’t too bad ie can live with but the dent on the door and to a lesser extentthe frame at the bottomis going to need a fix.

Offline Clarkj93

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=2f7u8ourgnoddib85c1fo84av0&/topic,131272.0.html
Re: Damaged driver door / dent costing
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2024, 05:09:29 pm »
Looks like the sill is actually dented which you won't be able to just pop out from behind like with the door, it's thick steel and a substantial part of the chassis. Might be able to mess around with the side skirt and lightly tap around it/on it to hide it as much as possible though. The door outer skin comes off as a singl piece so should be able to be sorted pretty simply.

Offline TLondon

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2024, 08:46:11 pm »
Looks like the sill is actually dented which you won't be able to just pop out from behind like with the door, it's thick steel and a substantial part of the chassis. Might be able to mess around with the side skirt and lightly tap around it/on it to hide it as much as possible though. The door outer skin comes off as a singl piece so should be able to be sorted pretty simply.

Cool ill take it to be looked at tommorow. Sounds like I might need to bite the bullet on leaving the sill. How much do you reckonn for knocking out the door panel dent? Never had to do anything like this before.

Offline fakie1977

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 10:06:41 am »
Might be cheaper looking for a replacement door skin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk