Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2528656 times)

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 39
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,110924.0.html
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #10245 on: March 21, 2017, 02:37:52 pm »
Changed my winter tyres out for the summer ones.

Damn that area need to be sorted  :scared:
All kinda crap, rust and brake dust :P

Luckely I got brand now wings that so that will be sorted after the car I is painted. But really need some new brakes calipers, discs and maybe some Team Dynamics 1.2 18'' rims in gloss black? - Anyone got these fitted?  :drinking:

Maybe I should fit some new springs when I do the brakes.. The ones I've got on now, is the sportline drop from VW. Anyone know how much they drop?
MK5 TDI 2.0 MY2005 - FULL OF RETROFITS:
MK6 dashboard - BCM converted - MK7 cruise control MFSW - PLA 2.0 - 3D instrument cluster - Discover Media 2 - Highline TPMS - 10ch Dynaudio system - KESSY with start button

Offline horsemeat

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #10246 on: March 21, 2017, 08:18:56 pm »
Full service today since the weather's getting there. Switched to Millers 5w40, see how that goes...

Had a bit of a barstewards though - think I need to replace the valve cover gasket since my spark plugs/coil packs are covered in oil. Polar FIS not reporting misfire (yet!). Pressure valve seems fine doing the dipstick test so it has to be the gasket, right? Might go all out and drop new bolts in too, don't like messing around.

Offline dayton42

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #10247 on: March 22, 2017, 03:41:13 am »
I decided to spend extra cash and get bilstein shocks. Went to this route to improve handling and control.

Offline Eves

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #10248 on: March 22, 2017, 10:43:48 pm »
New number plates fitted today.
The old set had been on the car since new.

The screws were so rusty the literally crumbled in my hand.

Offline JTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #10249 on: March 23, 2017, 10:48:04 pm »
Tried to put in a claim for corroding arches but got told arches had been resprayed  :sad1:
time for new wings and removal of that bloody sponge :happy2:

It's not too bad at the moment, you would only notice if you stuck your head under the arches. Any prevention tips to stop it going worse???

Offline slix

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 38
  • Stage 1 ED30 Owner
« Reply #10250 on: March 23, 2017, 11:20:05 pm »
Tried to put in a claim for corroding arches but got told arches had been resprayed  :sad1:
time for new wings and removal of that bloody sponge :happy2:

It's not too bad at the moment, you would only notice if you stuck your head under the arches. Any prevention tips to stop it going worse???

Could give it a nice coat of kurust inside the arch near the edges or affected area. This will stop the rust in its track. Also as said take that sponge out.
Stage "1.5" ED30 [330BHP] Rtech

Offline JTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
« Reply #10251 on: March 24, 2017, 08:56:09 am »
^Thanks!

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 39
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,110924.0.html
« Reply #10252 on: March 24, 2017, 06:03:04 pm »
Did receive the silicone alloy pipe kit from Darkside D. today and got the EGT side fitted - only fitted this side since this was the one that blew off the other day and broke.

Need to order er S3 Intercooler, GTB2260 turbo kit and new exhaust - That should get me reach the bhp goal I'm after.  :driver:
MK5 TDI 2.0 MY2005 - FULL OF RETROFITS:
MK6 dashboard - BCM converted - MK7 cruise control MFSW - PLA 2.0 - 3D instrument cluster - Discover Media 2 - Highline TPMS - 10ch Dynaudio system - KESSY with start button

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #10253 on: March 24, 2017, 06:36:03 pm »
After recently getting my car repainted one of the things that was letting the car down was the exhaust tips. After years of neglect from the previous owners it had started to crumble and rust up. Being a bit tight after spending a hefty wad on the respray I decided to use the cheap trick of using the Audi A4 exhaust tips to cover over it.

Before

After

I know it may be a marmite mod to some but for me it completes the back end nicely without breaking the bank. Hopefully should the funds recover I will get a proper system but for now it will do.

Nice job!  Do the A4 ones just tap on over the existing GTI ones?  Where did you get the A4 tips from?

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #10254 on: March 25, 2017, 02:53:48 pm »
Had fun last night till 1am replacing the ball joints fitting S3 wishbones and super pro anti lift kit to the car and luckily snapped the wishbone carrier 16mm bolt on the right hand side.
Going to get another carrier and new bolts as I've only fitted the left hand side so far  :doh:

Can't understand why this has happened as I only replaced the steering rack not too long ago and all the bolts came off with ease then.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 06:49:18 pm by r5gtt »

Offline PatchySan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 59
  • Gracie!
« Reply #10255 on: March 25, 2017, 05:15:43 pm »
Nice job!  Do the A4 ones just tap on over the existing GTI ones?  Where did you get the A4 tips from?

Thanks and yes the A4 tips fits over the existing GTI tips with help from a rubber mallet. I got the A4 tips from a seller on eBay here.

Offline JamieKirk95

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #10256 on: March 25, 2017, 10:33:22 pm »

Jamie

Offline hicksyyy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #10257 on: March 25, 2017, 10:37:57 pm »
I understand if you wouldn't want to share but can I ask how much you paid for the full respray? always wanted to know ....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline hicksyyy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #10258 on: March 25, 2017, 10:40:43 pm »
After recently getting my car repainted one of the things that was letting the car down was the exhaust tips. After years of neglect from the previous owners it had started to crumble and rust up. Being a bit tight after spending a hefty wad on the respray I decided to use the cheap trick of using the Audi A4 exhaust tips to cover over it.

Before

After

I know it may be a marmite mod to some but for me it completes the back end nicely without breaking the bank. Hopefully should the funds recover I will get a proper system but for now it will do.
understand if you don't want to share it but can I ask how much the whole spray was? always was curious how much it would be ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline dubvrs

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #10259 on: March 25, 2017, 11:17:13 pm »
Fitted a set of AP coilovers with new top mounts and bearings.

Ordered a new set of wheels. Just need to sort out some tyres now.