Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2568893 times)

willni

Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #10620 on: July 29, 2017, 02:59:14 pm »
That's the pescaras back from the refurb, the guy said he knew the colour so just let him go for it, in dark light they look gunmetal-ish, in the light bright silver and normal the proper colour, and they did a create job in them considering the corrosion that had built up from the previous owners awful refurb

Are they finished in shadow chrome?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No shadow chrome is a different colour, I'm not sure what they're finished in tbh I just asked for the original colour and they knew what it was, the original colour is generally considered to be 7AU - Volkswagen Titan Grey I think.

Shadow Chrome is a special one of colour I think similar to that of the pescaras and bbs's colours, they're both very similar but the shadow chrome looks more metallic/chrome than paint, whereas the colour above is more glossy with metallic specs. You'd notice in sunlight more than artificial, plus shadow chrome is more expensive to get painted due to the way it has to be painted.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 04:08:38 pm by willni »

Offline Rob1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 24
« Reply #10621 on: July 29, 2017, 05:09:42 pm »
Cool, should be getting mine down in shadow chrome end of august
Black Ed30

willni

« Reply #10622 on: July 29, 2017, 07:21:42 pm »
Cool, should be getting mine down in shadow chrome end of august

I have a car in for a detail with shadow chrome alloys so here's a quick comparison for you.

As you can see in normal conditions shadow chrome is slightly darker but under intense light it shines brighter, due to it's metallic base whereas the pescara has normal paint with metallic flake in the paint, like car paint.

Offline Rossimac

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 33
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90767.0.html
« Reply #10623 on: July 29, 2017, 07:49:42 pm »
Nice one Will!

Offline Rob1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 24
« Reply #10624 on: July 29, 2017, 09:46:03 pm »
Cheers mate that's appreciated
Black Ed30

Offline Ripstop

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #10625 on: July 30, 2017, 10:01:44 am »
Changed my Canbus gateway from a K to an AD on my Eddie. Had to to go the long way in via the engine bay. Although its actually much easier to do once you know what to do, Google is great! Gave the scuttle area a good clean.... Recoded up using VCDS and all works fine.

This is all in preparation for my RNS 510 which is coming on Monday! I have been looking at changing the standard MFD2 for 6 months as a key upgrade inside the car. Spent ages debating over Android looky likies and the RG330 but felt it had the edge. In my case I am hoping its a straight swap as its not DAB.  Sooo looking forward to this ...  :happy2:

Cheers, Rip.
Stage 1 2007 Black Eddy  #1000 - VCDS Hex+Can (Novice coder). H&R springs, newish Bilstein B4's. Gen 3 Steering rack, Helix organic.  The car is *always* work in progress fixing and upgrading things.

willni

« Reply #10626 on: July 30, 2017, 01:27:40 pm »

Put my alloys back on

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #10627 on: July 30, 2017, 01:36:45 pm »
Changed my Canbus gateway from a K to an AD on my Eddie. Had to to go the long way in via the engine bay. Although its actually much easier to do once you know what to do, Google is great! Gave the scuttle area a good clean.... Recoded up using VCDS and all works fine.

This is all in preparation for my RNS 510 which is coming on Monday! I have been looking at changing the standard MFD2 for 6 months as a key upgrade inside the car. Spent ages debating over Android looky likies and the RG330 but felt it had the edge. In my case I am hoping its a straight swap as its not DAB.  Sooo looking forward to this ...  :happy2:

Cheers, Rip.
It's a straight swap other than changing the Aux-In cable pin position in the Quadlock connector. Search online if you have an Aux-In. It's easy to do and you should be able to find the DIY. :smiley:

Offline neilw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #10628 on: July 30, 2017, 05:14:50 pm »
Pre-cats gone.  :jumpmove:

It took me most the day working by myself, the nuts came off the turbo studs pretty easily, The exhaust clamp was on upside down I think so the bolts where facing up , they where seized and hard to get to, but got them in the end.

Edition30 #0002 R-Tech Stage2

Offline neilw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #10629 on: July 30, 2017, 05:46:34 pm »

Put my alloys back on

Looking good.

ps theres is a slice of French stick by your front passenger door.
Edition30 #0002 R-Tech Stage2

willni

« Reply #10630 on: July 30, 2017, 05:50:42 pm »
Looking good.

ps theres is a slice of French stick by your front passenger door.

I was wondering where my lunch went  :party:  it was a piece of wood I was using as a jack pad until I found my rubber one again, I found the rubber one before I started to just left the wood one on the floor. (I wouldn't recommend pieces of wood unless you're stuck)

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #10631 on: July 30, 2017, 10:26:51 pm »
I ran the +wire today from battery to rear seat...Pics to show prep done for arrival of the Torqbyte PM3:
1) ...connected 40A fuse holder to the "power bar", farthest to the right, in front of fuse panel under the hood
2) ...routed wire in corrugated tubing and fed under battery in the three clip channel with other harness to the rubber grommet and harness at the firewall
3) ...where it comes through into the footwell. No, I didn't leave the wire exposed in the footwell like in the pic...took the pic right after feeding it through.

I didn't take a pic of where it ends up, but it is currently under the rear seat with corrugated tubing covering all of what leaves the rear side panel. No, there is no fuse in the holder yet.

K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
« Reply #10632 on: July 31, 2017, 09:10:38 am »

Put my alloys back on

Lovely.  Thinking of sticking some fresh OEM springs on mine.  I much prefer the look of the standard height, as well as enjoying some damper travel over bumps!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Stig_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #10633 on: July 31, 2017, 11:50:09 am »
Not enjoying the vwr springs pudding. Thought these springs where closet to stock ride comfort.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
« Reply #10634 on: July 31, 2017, 12:07:15 pm »
No they and the dampers are very good mate.  I just wish the kit was standard height.  No one does standard height though, lowered or nothing  :sad1:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D