Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2528883 times)

Offline neilw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 26
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #11100 on: May 06, 2018, 08:28:39 pm »
Yesterday spent sweat and hours detailing this thing ready for the next few days of better weather here in the UK!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nice work. Bets its covered in pollen now though!
Edition30 #0002 R-Tech Stage2

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #11101 on: May 06, 2018, 08:43:03 pm »
Flipping pollen  :fighting:

Offline neilw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11102 on: May 06, 2018, 09:22:45 pm »

Great work. Where about in NZ are you? I'm sure you'll make good use of it the roads there are great. I was out there in February to visit my brother in Orewa and traveled around the north island. I didn't see many modded VWs, just loads of old Mazdas making crazy noises. My bro hand a name for them but can't remember what it was, sure it began with B.
I'm in Auckland which is where you must've flown into if you went to Orewa.
No, there's not many modded VWs here in NZ, at least not heavily modded. There are stacks of Mk5 GTIs though due to our import laws. They come from Japan.
As such mostly the modded cars here are Evos, Imprezas and Skylines.

Yup we came into Auckland. Went up to Orewa for a few days then picked up a Juicy camper van. And went down to Matamata, Rotorua, Taupo, Waitomo then up the Coromandel to Hehei (good road!) My sister in law is a theater nurse in Auckland, and my brothers a marine engineer.

Offline Sway_ed30

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #11103 on: May 07, 2018, 10:41:01 am »
Yesterday spent sweat and hours detailing this thing ready for the next few days of better weather here in the UK!

Edition 30 #0096 Black 3dr Manual
Instagram add: @ss55way

Offline Sway_ed30

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #11104 on: May 07, 2018, 10:41:09 am »

Offline Sway_ed30

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #11105 on: May 07, 2018, 10:41:23 am »

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #11106 on: May 07, 2018, 09:10:41 pm »
SwayED30...what's up?
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline Stupots

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 35
Brakes
« Reply #11107 on: May 08, 2018, 12:32:05 pm »
I got into work today and as I turned into the parking bay, it felt like I had the brakes on and I could smell brakes/clutch... on inspection, the front nearside caliper was smoking. I've been meaning to do the front brakes for ages, but this gives me an excuse to put these on:

:)

Stu
2006 VW Golf Mk5 Sport TDI 4Motion (140 BKD)

Offline neilw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: Brakes
« Reply #11108 on: May 08, 2018, 01:29:16 pm »
I got into work today and as I turned into the parking bay, it felt like I had the brakes on and I could smell brakes/clutch... on inspection, the front nearside caliper was smoking. I've been meaning to do the front brakes for ages, but this gives me an excuse to put these on:

Stu

I need to get round to putting mine on. I'm in the process of removing the black paint, as my red paint doesn't look right over the top of the black. It's a horrible job.

Offline Ripstop

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #11109 on: May 08, 2018, 03:20:56 pm »
Got my windscreen crack done by Autoglass today. Managed to get an OEM off the insurers at no extra cost other than the excess. Bargain and looks the biz!
Now I can get my MOT. Its been an expensive month so far with 2 tyres, insurance, Seized NSF caliper replaced with an eBay item in red thankfully  :happy2:

Rip.
Stage 1 2007 Black Eddy  #1000 - VCDS Hex+Can (Novice coder). H&R springs, newish Bilstein B4's. Gen 3 Steering rack, Helix organic.  The car is *always* work in progress fixing and upgrading things.

Offline Stupots

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: Brakes
« Reply #11110 on: May 08, 2018, 04:52:23 pm »

Stu

I need to get round to putting mine on. I'm in the process of removing the black paint, as my red paint doesn't look right over the top of the black. It's a horrible job.

My car's black and I didn't want it to look too blingy, so the red calipers I had got sold and I picked up the black ones. I've given them a touch up and a coat of Gtechniq C5, so hopefully they'll look good for a little while at least. I'm just putting standard Pagid hoses on with these. I'll do some before after pics once fitted.

Offline mjmallia

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #11111 on: May 09, 2018, 11:25:02 am »
Got my windscreen crack done by Autoglass today. Managed to get an OEM off the insurers at no extra cost other than the excess. Bargain and looks the biz!
Now I can get my MOT. Its been an expensive month so far with 2 tyres, insurance, Seized NSF caliper replaced with an eBay item in red thankfully  :happy2:

Rip.

What insurance company are you with.........I want to try this with Direct Line as mine needs replacing.
Mike

South Coast

S3 8L ---- Golf Mk4 GT TDI ---- Lupo GTI ----  A4 B6 Sline ---- Golf Mk5 GTI

Offline Ripstop

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #11112 on: May 09, 2018, 12:19:21 pm »
What insurance company are you with.........I want to try this with Direct Line as mine needs replacing.

Esure mate....
Stage 1 2007 Black Eddy  #1000 - VCDS Hex+Can (Novice coder). H&R springs, newish Bilstein B4's. Gen 3 Steering rack, Helix organic.  The car is *always* work in progress fixing and upgrading things.

Offline Stupots

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Brakes!
« Reply #11113 on: May 09, 2018, 01:30:03 pm »
I made time to fit the brakes today. it all went fairly well and I was done in around 3 hours. Bleeding went OK; they feel safe. I'll see how they bed in over the coming weeks. Really good feel of the brake pedal for brand new pads/discs.

I'll do a bit of a write up of my experiences on the related thread here http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,108106.0.html

Cheers

Stu

Offline neilw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11114 on: May 09, 2018, 07:05:27 pm »
I made time to fit the brakes today. it all went fairly well and I was done in around 3 hours. Bleeding went OK; they feel safe. I'll see how they bed in over the coming weeks. Really good feel of the brake pedal for brand new pads/discs.

I'll do a bit of a write up of my experiences on the related thread here http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,108106.0.html

Cheers

Stu

What disks did you go for?