Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2527912 times)

Offline DavGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #11250 on: June 25, 2018, 10:35:30 am »
2 rear springs replaced with new bolts and a full service oil, filter, and plugs and booked in for mot.

Offline colesey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #11251 on: June 26, 2018, 11:00:43 am »
Had a new windscreen fitted after yesterday’s stone chip repair caused a 3” crack. The repair company are covering the cost.

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #11252 on: June 26, 2018, 11:51:59 am »
Drove to Sidmouth for the day with wifey. Had lunch at the Clock Tower Cafe, at Jacob's Ladder, which overlooks the bay. Beautiful setting. Only downside was a mobile speed camera van on the return along the A35, down a long drop of a hill (50 Limit). So, a couple of weeks waiting now,  to see if a FPN arrives in the post, grrrrr. Oh well, at least the Officer got himself a nice tan - he was outside the van! Got 41mpg, on the way back, so was was a leisurely drive, just the occasional burst.....

Offline Rossimac

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 33
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90767.0.html
« Reply #11253 on: June 26, 2018, 12:14:25 pm »
Had a new windscreen fitted after yesterday’s stone chip repair caused a 3” crack. The repair company are covering the cost.

I wish mine would crack! Quite a few pitted marks but none have cracked! Would love a new screen on the 150k miler.

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #11254 on: June 26, 2018, 05:10:41 pm »

Pipe with MAP in. See circled area which looks as if the two parts of the pipe are coming apart... is this normal?

That isn't coming apart, it's just how they look.  All that's happened is you got some airborne oil misting and grit stuck in the gap, which makes it look like it's leaking or coming apart  :happy2:

When you say airborne oil misting... where could that be coming from... PCV valve?

Nothing in the history to say it’s been changed but it does run lumpy with the dipstick removed. Not sure whether it needs to be totally knackered to have that effect though, can you have one that’s on the way out and leaky but still passing the idle test?
I believe pudding meant; if it were leaking...there would be oily residue in the surrounding area from airborne oil misting out at that spot. If really wanted to test for leaks, look at your VCDS_LTFT_vcds engine measuring_group 032_blocks 1 and 2. If you have a leak post MAF it will show in those blocks with additives of fuel because the low air sensed at the MAF will cause a reduction in fuel but the O2 will see a lean condition and add fuel. The addition correction is shown in those two blocks.

You may see an addition that may not be due to a leak...an oversized CAIntake can also cause additions...but depends on how well the tuning was done if any.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 05:18:02 pm by ROH ECHT »
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline GitFlog

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #11255 on: June 26, 2018, 05:36:52 pm »
went on a 20mile drive to collect a set of wings to replace mine.

Got both for £125 they are only 2 weeks old still have the labels on them oh and they are already painted and match my paintwork spot on.

better then £600-900 buzzing  :jumpmove: :jumpmove: :rolleye: :rolleye:

Nice work, how’d you manage that?

Guy said he sold his car and put his old rusty wings back on before putting it up for sale along with a load of other bits forgot about them then put them up 4sale cheap so i snatched them up
2017 Vw Golf R Mk7.5
310ps
Lapiz Blue
Black Vienna Leather Interior
19" Pretoria Alloy Wheels
Dynamic Chassis Control

Offline colesey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #11256 on: June 29, 2018, 02:14:09 pm »
Another year, another MOT. Will need a new CV boot shortly but otherwise no issues.

4ndy

« Reply #11257 on: June 29, 2018, 03:44:41 pm »
Another year, another MOT. Will need a new CV boot shortly but otherwise no issues.
My turn on Monday Ive prepared well by washing all the glass and leaving a fiver in the glove box  PASS no problem :signLOL: :signLOL:

Offline Caspersmith

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #11258 on: June 30, 2018, 07:04:06 pm »
Ha, had mine last week, exactly the same. All good apart from CV boot will need doing at some point.

Was worried about emissions with the full BCS exhaust with 100 cell cat but was all good, he did give it a good warmup before hand though

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Caspersmith

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11259 on: June 30, 2018, 07:04:12 pm »
Ha, had mine last week, exactly the same. All good apart from CV boot will need doing at some point.

Was worried about emissions with the full BCS exhaust with 100 cell cat but was all good, he did give it a good warmup before hand though

Offline Caspersmith

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11260 on: June 30, 2018, 07:04:21 pm »

Offline Caspersmith

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11261 on: June 30, 2018, 07:04:28 pm »

Offline Nardoblue

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
« Reply #11262 on: June 30, 2018, 07:44:54 pm »

Painted grills, replaced vw badge, looks fresh again......enjoy the sunshine lads

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 99
    • Email
« Reply #11263 on: July 02, 2018, 06:40:54 pm »
Passed mot  :smiley:

Offline Chesto18

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #11264 on: July 02, 2018, 07:03:43 pm »
Replaced intercooler o-rings, again, with correct ones this time.

Previously had a leak on drivers’ side so replaced both with F- part number rings as per ETKA. Left the turbo side O-ring (to metal pipe) which is listed as the H- part number until today whereby it’s obvious ETKA has the part numbers the wrong way round.

H is most definitely the intercooler side. The rings are noticably bigger to fit the bigger circumference pipe ends.  Swapped them all round with new items and the car is definitely happier for it. Much more responsive at low RPM, pulls better and the MPG appears better too. Happy.