Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2526922 times)

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 54
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #9885 on: November 30, 2016, 10:27:20 pm »
£15 for these genuine parts

Bargain!! :happy2:

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #9886 on: December 01, 2016, 12:02:48 am »

Bargain!! :happy2:
ano bro just got to find the space to fit this all in and on got sheet loads of parts to fit  :doh:

Offline 99hagued

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #9887 on: December 01, 2016, 12:40:33 am »

Where did u get it from mate

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #9888 on: December 01, 2016, 09:21:40 am »

Where did u get it from mate
I got it from a FB member mate  :smiley:

Offline mr lobitos

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #9889 on: December 01, 2016, 07:27:29 pm »
fitted r line lower fog grills ,   looking much better now

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #9890 on: December 01, 2016, 09:22:54 pm »
fitted r line lower fog grills ,   looking much better now
THIS POST IS :worthless:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #9891 on: December 01, 2016, 09:23:35 pm »
Done a double reverse mod
Not bad, might just keep like this....what you guys think?
Not gonna win any awards for best pic but was in a rush lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nicely done  :grin:

Offline golfmck1980

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #9892 on: December 02, 2016, 09:44:48 am »
Fitted my mk6 headlight switch now to do the rest. Got the resonator taken out last wk as well
Edition 30 num 859

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #9893 on: December 02, 2016, 07:02:38 pm »

Cheers Planning to do the led inner brake  halo lights mod soon, led halos are only available from China and going to take ages to come you done it right? If I read correct on your build thread...? Any tips?

Just remember to be careful gluing the lights back together  :happy2:
What you using ?

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #9894 on: December 02, 2016, 11:07:53 pm »

Cheers Planning to do the led inner brake  halo lights mod soon, led halos are only available from China and going to take ages to come you done it right? If I read correct on your build thread...? Any tips?

What you using ?

@r5gtt I was thinking maybe black silicone would suffice? What did you use?
I need to be careful not to shatter my r32 inners, does heat help when splitting?
Any heads up before I do it would be greatly appreciated
id YouTube how to do golf gti quad light mod and be very careful when prying the tool between the lense and casing as it'll crack very easily. All you need to hear is some kind of crackle and slowly work your way across the light and hold it in an angle when prying and the YouTube video should be a good guide. I used a special toy sealant and haven had the lense pop off yet although I've heard stories of lenses popping off into the night lol

Silicone can be used if you're steady handed but also been told this fails so up to you what you'd prefer in terms of bonding the lense back together  :smiley:

If you need the name of the sealant I used ask away as I don't know it off the top of my head but easily accessible.  :happy2:

Offline PatchySan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 59
  • Gracie!
« Reply #9895 on: December 03, 2016, 03:15:32 pm »
Lots of things done to my GTI, had a routine brake fluid and gearbox oil change. Finally got the MK6 MFSW fitted along with the Revision G cruise stalk and CH steering control module, really sets the interior off nicely and works fine with the RCD 330G.

Also got Kam's R32 xenon lights fitted to the car (thanks for that!) as the previous owner did a bodge job fitting the previous ones by drilling their own holes. It turns out my car had been involved in a prang before and some "improvisations" were made to get it mounted. The new lights sorted the shaking problem but in the long term I need to get a new front end carrier if I need to have access to the radiator!  :doh:

So next on my list is doing the bodywork sorting out the scuffs, colour coding, rear R32 bumper and getting the front end sorted to get this poor girl back to its best.

Offline tokomak

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #9896 on: December 03, 2016, 03:27:50 pm »
Changed the Cam follower today, for novice it wasn't too bad.

The follower I removed wasn't in bad condition, but after checking the receipts and speaking to the seller there is no mention of when or if it was changed. The car is at 89k so should have been changed in that time but its done now.

Removed one on the right.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 04:16:36 pm by tokomak »

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #9897 on: December 03, 2016, 04:48:08 pm »
Lots of things done to my GTI, had a routine brake fluid and gearbox oil change. Finally got the MK6 MFSW fitted along with the Revision G cruise stalk and CH steering control module, really sets the interior off nicely and works fine with the RCD 330G.

Also got Kam's R32 xenon lights fitted to the car (thanks for that!) as the previous owner did a bodge job fitting the previous ones by drilling their own holes. It turns out my car had been involved in a prang before and some "improvisations" were made to get it mounted. The new lights sorted the shaking problem but in the long term I need to get a new front end carrier if I need to have access to the radiator!  :doh:

So next on my list is doing the bodywork sorting out the scuffs, colour coding, rear R32 bumper and getting the front end sorted to get this poor girl back to its best.

Looking awesome! Obviously I love your new wheel. But also really impressed by the RCD330. Which model does that come standard in?

Changed the Cam follower today, for novice it wasn't too bad.

The follower I removed wasn't in bad condition, but after checking the receipts and speaking to the seller there is no mention of when or if it was changed. The car is at 89k so should have been changed in that time but its done now.

Removed one on the right.

Well worth doing mate. Even if the old one looks ok. You have the peace of mind now knowing you've got a good one. There's a poor fella just got bought his gti and his follower has literally disintegrated!!

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,110126.msg1064635.html#new

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #9898 on: December 03, 2016, 05:06:09 pm »

What you using ?

@r5gtt I was thinking maybe black silicone would suffice? What did you use?
I need to be careful not to shatter my r32 inners, does heat help when splitting?
Any heads up before I do it would be greatly appreciated
id YouTube how to do golf gti quad light mod and be very careful when prying the tool between the lense and casing as it'll crack very easily. All you need to hear is some kind of crackle and slowly work your way across the light and hold it in an angle when prying and the YouTube video should be a good guide. I used a special toy sealant and haven had the lense pop off yet although I've heard stories of lenses popping off into the night lol

Silicone can be used if you're steady handed but also been told this fails so up to you what you'd prefer in terms of bonding the lense back together  :smiley:

If you need the name of the sealant I used ask away as I don't know it off the top of my head but easily accessible.  :happy2:
Had a look at Mateyguv's videos brilliant stuff hats off to him
Name of the sealant would be great @r5gtt
Ta
haha it's suck a simple thing to remember yet I forgot  :stupid:
It's called Plastic weld  :grin:

Here's a little tip for you as I'm not sure if it's on our mateyguvs video is to be very careful with this solution as its runny so a syringe I bought off eBay did the job whilst injecting it into the gap and it literally feeds it way into the cracked part and bonds it together  :happy2:

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 05:20:48 pm by r5gtt »

Offline PatchySan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 59
  • Gracie!
« Reply #9899 on: December 03, 2016, 05:17:17 pm »
Looking awesome! Obviously I love your new wheel. But also really impressed by the RCD330. Which model does that come standard in?

Hi mate, the RCD 330G is a China unit fitted on the VW Polo and Jetta's over there but it is plug and play on the MK5 Golf and comes with lots of features out of the box. It has FM/AM Radio, Integrated Bluetooth (Telephone and A2DP Wireless Audio Stream) with Microphone, CD Player (not on Plus models), SD Card Reader, AUX and USB port for flash drives, Smartphones and Apple iPod/iPhones (it charges them too). It doesn't have DAB though which may be a dealbreaker for some (I seldom use the radio so not an issue for me).

The RCD 330G Plus which is the one I have loses the CD Player but gets a bigger touch screen over the standard model which is easy to navigate and see. The standard RCD 330G can be had for around £90 these days and at one point the RCD 330G Plus can be bought for around £150 from AliExpress so not that expensive for what it is.