Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2528856 times)

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 54
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #9900 on: December 03, 2016, 05:58:44 pm »
Looking awesome! Obviously I love your new wheel. But also really impressed by the RCD330. Which model does that come standard in?

Hi mate, the RCD 330G is a China unit fitted on the VW Polo and Jetta's over there but it is plug and play on the MK5 Golf and comes with lots of features out of the box. It has FM/AM Radio, Integrated Bluetooth (Telephone and A2DP Wireless Audio Stream) with Microphone, CD Player (not on Plus models), SD Card Reader, AUX and USB port for flash drives, Smartphones and Apple iPod/iPhones (it charges them too). It doesn't have DAB though which may be a dealbreaker for some (I seldom use the radio so not an issue for me).

The RCD 330G Plus which is the one I have loses the CD Player but gets a bigger touch screen over the standard model which is easy to navigate and see. The standard RCD 330G can be had for around £90 these days and at one point the RCD 330G Plus can be bought for around £150 from AliExpress so not that expensive for what it is.

Awesome! thanks a million for the info! It's a great looking unit with great features for the price  :happy2:

Offline tokomak

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #9901 on: December 03, 2016, 06:10:27 pm »
Lots of things done to my GTI, had a routine brake fluid and gearbox oil change. Finally got the MK6 MFSW fitted along with the Revision G cruise stalk and CH steering control module, really sets the interior off nicely and works fine with the RCD 330G.

Also got Kam's R32 xenon lights fitted to the car (thanks for that!) as the previous owner did a bodge job fitting the previous ones by drilling their own holes. It turns out my car had been involved in a prang before and some "improvisations" were made to get it mounted. The new lights sorted the shaking problem but in the long term I need to get a new front end carrier if I need to have access to the radiator!  :doh:

So next on my list is doing the bodywork sorting out the scuffs, colour coding, rear R32 bumper and getting the front end sorted to get this poor girl back to its best.

where'd you get the red, knob and gaiter. Looks really good?

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
« Reply #9902 on: December 03, 2016, 06:44:15 pm »

Think that's a mk6 GTi gear knob
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #9903 on: December 03, 2016, 07:15:26 pm »
Looking awesome! Obviously I love your new wheel. But also really impressed by the RCD330. Which model does that come standard in?

Hi mate, the RCD 330G is a China unit fitted on the VW Polo and Jetta's over there but it is plug and play on the MK5 Golf and comes with lots of features out of the box. It has FM/AM Radio, Integrated Bluetooth (Telephone and A2DP Wireless Audio Stream) with Microphone, CD Player (not on Plus models), SD Card Reader, AUX and USB port for flash drives, Smartphones and Apple iPod/iPhones (it charges them too). It doesn't have DAB though which may be a dealbreaker for some (I seldom use the radio so not an issue for me).

The RCD 330G Plus which is the one I have loses the CD Player but gets a bigger touch screen over the standard model which is easy to navigate and see. The standard RCD 330G can be had for around £90 these days and at one point the RCD 330G Plus can be bought for around £150 from AliExpress so not that expensive for what it is.

@PatchySan that unit looks pretty good - does it work with the MDI unit and integrate with the highline display? Tempted to get one of those myself and sell my RNS510 as I don't use the sat nav as much as I thought I would

Offline bonelorry

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 72
  • -Receive: 44
    • Email
« Reply #9904 on: December 03, 2016, 07:33:14 pm »
Not today but Yesterday, Sold the Eddy!

Offline PatchySan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 59
  • Gracie!
« Reply #9905 on: December 03, 2016, 08:00:11 pm »
Awesome! thanks a million for the info! It's a great looking unit with great features for the price  :happy2:
No probs dude! I've just checked the price on the Plus units and they have really dropped in price lately so they can be had for around £100 now which is even more of a bargain! (I forked out £180 for mine not long ago  :sad1:)

Correct, specifically it's the Edition 35 gearknob (1K8711113BMAW) with the polka dot gear number design on the hub. Not cheap but aesthetically more pleasing than the MK5 gearknob IMO. I bought mine from a German eBay VW dealer here.

@PatchySan that unit looks pretty good - does it work with the MDI unit and integrate with the highline display? Tempted to get one of those myself and sell my RNS510 as I don't use the sat nav as much as I thought I would

The RCD330G is a standalone unit so it doesn't work with the MDI or 6 CD Autochanger, but then it offers those features on the unit which makes it redundant anyway. I don't think the RCD330G integrates with the highline display, not on the MK5's from what I see. To be honest I keep the RNS510 given that you have this already installed along with the MDI pack, not to mention that as a sat nav unit it's a desirable option should you wish to pass this on in the future.

I recommend the RCD330G if you have the old RCD300/500 units or the RCD210/RCD310 as it's a big upgrade in every aspect. But if Bluetooth is really important and you don't have this installed then it could be worth considering, I mean it is around £100 which is roughly what you be paying for the RCD510/RNS510 Bluetooth module anyway if not more.

MPS

« Reply #9906 on: December 03, 2016, 08:47:26 pm »
So in theory then, the price of RCD510s should now plummet as it has a lot more features and a larger screen than the RCD510?

No probs dude! I've just checked the price on the Plus units and they have really dropped in price lately so they can be had for around £100 now which is even more of a bargain! (I forked out £180 for mine not long ago  :sad1:)

Correct, specifically it's the Edition 35 gearknob (1K8711113BMAW) with the polka dot gear number design on the hub. Not cheap but aesthetically more pleasing than the MK5 gearknob IMO. I bought mine from a German eBay VW dealer here.

The RCD330G is a standalone unit so it doesn't work with the MDI or 6 CD Autochanger, but then it offers those features on the unit which makes it redundant anyway. I don't think the RCD330G integrates with the highline display, not on the MK5's from what I see. To be honest I keep the RNS510 given that you have this already installed along with the MDI pack, not to mention that as a sat nav unit it's a desirable option should you wish to pass this on in the future.

I recommend the RCD330G if you have the old RCD300/500 units or the RCD210/RCD310 as it's a big upgrade in every aspect. But if Bluetooth is really important and you don't have this installed then it could be worth considering, I mean it is around £100 which is roughly what you be paying for the RCD510/RNS510 Bluetooth module anyway if not more.

Offline mr lobitos

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #9907 on: December 03, 2016, 09:16:32 pm »

here you go

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #9908 on: December 04, 2016, 04:58:06 pm »
Installed 6000k hid into fogs

Comparison with halogen

Car needs a wash, apologies
Very nice mate  :happy2:

I've already got them in mine and they're awesome for unlit roads  :jumping:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #9909 on: December 04, 2016, 05:23:03 pm »
Can't go wrong  :grin:

Offline GTI8v

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #9910 on: December 04, 2016, 07:07:08 pm »

Comparison with halogen

Yep same as your sunwoif ones nice recommendation mate
Briiiiight!

How easy and where from? liking the look of those  :signLOL:

Offline GTI8v

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9911 on: December 04, 2016, 07:22:04 pm »

Comparison with halogen

Briiiiight!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281413571138

Can get couple quid cheaper from China sellers but up to if you wanna wait a century lol

Plug and play mate
Thanks, are they H1 or  H7?
What's the difference between 6000k and 8000k? Only 8000k in stock...

Offline GTI8v

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9912 on: December 04, 2016, 07:34:07 pm »

Comparison with halogen

Briiiiight!

Can get couple quid cheaper from China sellers but up to if you wanna wait a century lol

Plug and play mate
My ones were hb4/9006....
You should check yours before ordering, gti come with hb4 or h11....I think...

8000k is quite blue and wouldn't look right with my xenons, I found 6000k perfect anything lower (4300k etc) is quite yellow
Thanks again, where did you manage to fix the ballasts?

Offline GTI8v

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9913 on: December 04, 2016, 08:25:33 pm »

Comparison with halogen

Briiiiight!

Plug and play mate
My ones were hb4/9006....
You should check yours before ordering, gti come with hb4 or h11....I think...

8000k is quite blue and wouldn't look right with my xenons, I found 6000k perfect anything lower (4300k etc) is quite yellow
Thanks again, where did you manage to fix the ballasts?
No probs mate, happy to
Just on the side, backside of the bumper basically, couldn't find any metal so plastic will have to do, will keep an eye on it and feel for heat coming through the outside of the bumper in case it gets hot
Little tip, on the back of the ballast, there's few screws, put the double sided tape on top of the screws otherwise won't stick. Also when you fit the hid connector onto the car connector, if it don't come on then try flipping it and fitting
Excellent, will get some ordered

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #9914 on: December 05, 2016, 11:45:49 pm »
Oil and pollen filter replaced today  :phew: that's another year over  :smiley: