Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2521274 times)

Offline phatedition30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
  • My Ride: Edition 30
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #9930 on: December 10, 2016, 07:11:50 pm »
Full system from BCS Automotive (Powervalve)  :driver:

Next on my wish list!looks awesome!

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #9931 on: December 10, 2016, 07:15:23 pm »
Welded my hanger back on
Let's hope it stays on this time

whats it look so manky for?. Exhaust paste and black stuff everywhere  :surprised:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #9932 on: December 10, 2016, 07:15:55 pm »
Full system from BCS Automotive (Powervalve)  :driver:

very nice  :happy2:

Offline nz_gti

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #9933 on: December 10, 2016, 07:24:13 pm »
My first mod.
Changed the reverse light to LED, simple as, only took a few minute and is so much easier to see out dark tinted rear windows.  Next mod is going to be replacing the rear fog light with another reverse light.  Looks simple enough for a novice.
One rear fog light/reverse light looks wrong. 

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #9934 on: December 10, 2016, 07:25:43 pm »
I don't even bother with any of that TBH as it's not running all that hot yet but when the K04 goes on then sure it will be extra hot down there and will probably need cooling tape then  :signLOL:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #9935 on: December 10, 2016, 07:35:18 pm »
I don't even bother with any of that TBH as it's not running all that hot yet but when the K04 goes on then sure it will be extra hot down there and will probably need cooling tape then  :signLOL:
It's not cooling tape, it's wrap to keep the heat in the exhaust....
Get those manky tips sorted mate lol looks like a corsa right now hahaha
loolz yeah I know what is  :signLOL:

when I get a bit of garage space I'll deal with it or if I get the BCS TBE I won't need to cut it down then. Corsa haha and manky  :thinking: have you looked at your ancient tips recently  :grin:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #9936 on: December 10, 2016, 07:54:57 pm »
It's not cooling tape, it's wrap to keep the heat in the exhaust....
Get those manky tips sorted mate lol looks like a corsa right now hahaha
loolz yeah I know what is  :signLOL:

when I get a bit of garage space I'll deal with it or if I get the BCS TBE I won't need to cut it down then. Corsa haha and manky  :thinking: have you looked at your ancient tips recently  :grin:
Did you get that bcs part I showed you on shpock?

Haha least they sit flush :grin: someone could hitch a ride on the back of yours  :signLOL:
Only kidding mate :happy2: You have a lot planned, hurry and put it into action, patiently waiting :party:
nah that guy isn't replying for that centre part so guessing it's a waste of time. Found a TBE so going for that instead  :jumping:
Yeah I'd have to charge a fee for the ride though as nothing in life comes free  :doh:

Yeah plans to put things on sometime soon but like today weather was awful so couldn't do anything  :sad1:

Maff

« Reply #9937 on: December 11, 2016, 11:06:59 am »
Hi all,

Had it a year and finally got round to checking the cam follower:

Think that might need changing...

Cars on 79,000 any guesses if its ever been done before?

Cheers

Maff

Offline Matto

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #9938 on: December 12, 2016, 07:53:44 pm »
Popped to AKS to have VWR dampers fitted  :happy2:

Offline Jakesangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #9939 on: December 13, 2016, 09:34:22 am »
Got the car serviced, replaced the battery, replaced the windscreen wipers front and rear (what a difference), got new rear pads, rear discs and replaced the both rear calipers as one was apparently proper stuck.  :doh: Big shout out to Ruben @ Tuning Werkes Croydon for another excellent job. Feels like a new car again. Just when I was thinking of selling and now i'm lovin' the car again.  :happy2:

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 669
« Reply #9940 on: December 13, 2016, 09:40:16 am »
Hi all,

Had it a year and finally got round to checking the cam follower:

Think that might need changing...

Cars on 79,000 any guesses if its ever been done before?

Cheers

Maff

I doubt it.  Standard pump and strict servicing can see a lot of life from a follower.  It's only the uprated HPFPs with much stiffer springs in them that chew through followers.  An oil with a high zinc content would probably help with the wear.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline AlexAlmostDSG

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
« Reply #9941 on: December 14, 2016, 11:10:27 am »
Looking awesome! Obviously I love your new wheel. But also really impressed by the RCD330. Which model does that come standard in?

Hi mate, the RCD 330G is a China unit fitted on the VW Polo and Jetta's over there but it is plug and play on the MK5 Golf and comes with lots of features out of the box. It has FM/AM Radio, Integrated Bluetooth (Telephone and A2DP Wireless Audio Stream) with Microphone, CD Player (not on Plus models), SD Card Reader, AUX and USB port for flash drives, Smartphones and Apple iPod/iPhones (it charges them too). It doesn't have DAB though which may be a dealbreaker for some (I seldom use the radio so not an issue for me).

The RCD 330G Plus which is the one I have loses the CD Player but gets a bigger touch screen over the standard model which is easy to navigate and see. The standard RCD 330G can be had for around £90 these days and at one point the RCD 330G Plus can be bought for around £150 from AliExpress so not that expensive for what it is.

Hello, nice to see you've installed this one - RCD 330 - sorry for posting here, but I cannot PM yet (new around!) - can you please tell me about the steering wheel controls? Did you have any? Did they work? If yes, what did you activate in VCDS to make it work....what's the workaround, i mean?
Thanks a lot, really appreciated

Offline PatchySan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 59
  • Gracie!
« Reply #9942 on: December 14, 2016, 02:29:44 pm »
Hello, nice to see you've installed this one - RCD 330 - sorry for posting here, but I cannot PM yet (new around!) - can you please tell me about the steering wheel controls? Did you have any? Did they work? If yes, what did you activate in VCDS to make it work....what's the workaround, i mean?
Thanks a lot, really appreciated

Yes most of the steering wheel controls work with the RCD 330 but you must have the updated control module as the original MK5 version one will not work. You need the 1K0 953 549 CH module which is compatible for both MK5/MK6 Golfs.

I have a MK6 GTI MFSW on mine and I can confirm that volume, track selection and mute button works fine with the RCD 330. I don't think the phone button works but I haven't really tested this thoroughly, still it's a minor thing as I can tap on the stereo screen to initiate the call anyway.

With the new steering module you will need to reset using VCDS, obviously you need to add MFSW option if you are upgrading from a basic wheel and the steering adaptation normally involves having a short, slow drive but it should cover most of it. I don't think you need to do additional coding to get the buttons working as intended on the wheel.

Offline Sandman

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #9943 on: December 15, 2016, 09:51:51 am »
I've only had my car for 6 weeks so still sorting out a couple of little niggles.  Yesterday I replaced the roof mounted interior light switch unit.  The switch on the old one had given up the ghost.  I noticed the new unit only has the 2 round map lights and not the centre one.  I guess the new version draws less current so lasts longer (hopefully for the life of the car).

I also updated the firmware on my MFD2 stereo and get a 2016 map disc.

Next job is to get the rear drivers side window working.  VCDS reports no communication from the door module unit so I guess it needs replaced.

Offline sambo101

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • My Ride: 2005 GTi Black, Stock Tune, 18" BBS CH
« Reply #9944 on: December 15, 2016, 04:36:17 pm »
Finally got around to restoring the headlights

From this:

To this:

2005 GTi Black, Stock Tune, 18" BBS CH