Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2526987 times)

Offline fish

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #10530 on: June 22, 2017, 10:36:08 pm »
Picked car up after having front drivers side wing painted again under warranty (20 months after it was done the first time under warranty!).  Spotted rust bubbles on the inner lip appearing again.  Queried why not replace the wing seeing as it has come back so soon? - response was if it comes back again they will put a new wing on! 

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline GTIEagles

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #10531 on: June 23, 2017, 03:20:19 pm »
Had new front wishbones, ball joints, rear caliper and handbrake cables replaced and a full geometry setup done, now I'm nearly £600 lighter  :sad1:

Offline colesey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #10532 on: June 23, 2017, 04:29:41 pm »
Another year, another MOT.....

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 39
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,110924.0.html
« Reply #10533 on: June 23, 2017, 06:29:40 pm »
Replaced my high pressure sensor last night.. Must say - even with the right tools it's a crappy job to do when your sensor is totally grown into your car :D

Managed to use my temper and then rip the crap out if it and got it of.. Did brake the connector housing, so that will have to be replaced when I'm swapping over my front hehe... Other than that I just placed what hopefully should be one of my last big orders at the VW dealer. After the parts has arrived the focus should be turned from the car and towards our vacation!  :party:

MK5 TDI 2.0 MY2005 - FULL OF RETROFITS:
MK6 dashboard - BCM converted - MK7 cruise control MFSW - PLA 2.0 - 3D instrument cluster - Discover Media 2 - Highline TPMS - 10ch Dynaudio system - KESSY with start button

willni

« Reply #10534 on: June 25, 2017, 09:34:54 pm »
Had the car out and took some photos of it before I take it to get the steering wheel retrimmed

My favourite photo;

Offline JGTTDI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #10535 on: June 26, 2017, 05:36:30 am »
Fitted centre armrest, facelift centre console and gearknob/gaitor. Fitted GT steering wheels badge.

Offline em2evol

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
  • Let's Motorvate!
« Reply #10536 on: June 26, 2017, 02:10:17 pm »
Had the car out and took some photos of it before I take it to get the steering wheel retrimmed

My favourite photo;

Ooo where are you getting the steering wheel retrimmed? I'm thinking of getting mine done at Royal Steering Wheels  :driver:

willni

« Reply #10537 on: June 26, 2017, 02:13:37 pm »

My favourite photo;

Ooo where are you getting the steering wheel retrimmed? I'm thinking of getting mine done at Royal Steering Wheels  :driver:

I'm going to Royal Steering wheels too  :signLOL: I've seen 2 done by them in person and you honestly would think they're OEM. I looked at EDGE Automotive but they're more expensive and don't look like they do as good a job.

Gonna go for black/gray oem leather Perforated sides, smooth nappa everywhere else, red stitch and a black/grey leather 12 o'clock stripe (gotta be a little bit different)

Offline DFish

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #10538 on: June 26, 2017, 04:25:52 pm »
New discs and pads fitted up front, just need to get the final stage of the bedding process done. Best leave that until late tonight though.

Fish

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #10539 on: June 27, 2017, 03:48:03 am »
This weekend I got around...regardless of 100° F

Still love the little hot hatch after 10.5 years.  :drinking:

« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 03:01:56 am by ROH ECHT »
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline killarag

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #10540 on: June 27, 2017, 01:43:03 pm »
Fitted FreshMods UK's Projector headlights in yesterday and stuck the MK7 side emblems on the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Henz Powell

« Reply #10541 on: June 27, 2017, 11:43:58 pm »
I made a video on what I did!

Subscribe for more Golf MKV and mx5 videos  :fighting:

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #10542 on: June 28, 2017, 09:17:12 am »
I made a video on what I did!

Subscribe for more Golf MKV and mx5 videos  :fighting:

Fixed it. :wink:

Offline em2evol

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • Let's Motorvate!
« Reply #10543 on: June 28, 2017, 10:20:01 am »

My favourite photo;

I'm going to Royal Steering wheels too  :signLOL: I've seen 2 done by them in person and you honestly would think they're OEM. I looked at EDGE Automotive but they're more expensive and don't look like they do as good a job.

Gonna go for black/gray oem leather Perforated sides, smooth nappa everywhere else, red stitch and a black/grey leather 12 o'clock stripe (gotta be a little bit different)

Sweet, look forward to seeing it!  :party:

Offline TheZeev

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
« Reply #10544 on: June 30, 2017, 11:52:51 am »
Took a punt at one of these Bluetooth module adaptors for music streaming.
Works perfectly with my MFD2, result!
For a few quid you can't go wrong
Connects via the AUX port on the back of MFD2, better yet I kept my stereo AUX connection too, so can play music with AUX wire too if needed

How does this differ to the cheap bluetooth fm transmitters you can get? Wouldn't mind adding bluetooth streaming to my setup
From past experience, those fm transmitters are sh*te. The radio signal/station it taps into has to have a clear signal. If you go into an area where the signal is crap then you'll hear that annoying fuzzy noise. Don't know if they've been improved somehow but didn't wanna go down that route.

This is on the back hidden away so cleaner install. No irritating interference. Powers on and off with stereo. Works for me

thanks, might have to get one then. Where did you buy it from, eBay?
Yep "mfd2 bluetooth"
I read this posting with great interest.
I also have the MFD2 unit and this sounds ideal for adding a bluetooth to my Android phone for streaming.
I'm a complete novice with regards car electrics.
Any chance of a run down of the steps involved?
I can work out where the 12 pin connector plugs in but what do you do with the red and black wires?
Is it best to disconnect the battery before you start?
I take it I will need to know the radio code if the battery gets disconnected?
Thanks