Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2528341 times)

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #10605 on: July 27, 2017, 01:37:37 pm »
Left the eddie in for a service and hopefully get rid of the old map that was on it from a good few yrs back. Hope to god it isnt locked so the new one can be tweaked to go with the engine and exhaust mods ive already done

Most tuners have the ability to over-write maps.  Failing that, I'm pretty sure VW dealers can restore the ECU back to it's 'virgin' factory state, and then reupload the factory map. 

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline golfmck1980

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #10606 on: July 27, 2017, 07:59:05 pm »
Well came out of the mechanics and they couldnt get it off but its going in nxt wk for new brakes and they will try again if not there is a VW dealership right nxt door though I do hate using them cause they are robbing #####
Edition 30 num 859

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #10607 on: July 27, 2017, 11:42:32 pm »
Picked up my 40amp fuse holder, wire, and connectors in prep for the Torqbyte PM3. Going to get the power wire ran from the battery to the fuel tank-pump under the rear seat, leaving out the fuse of course, so I can install the PM3 when it arrives. The PM3 will double the amps driving the tank pump so the thing will stop starving itself. Check out the gauge in wire difference from the oem PulseWidthModulator and the PM3 PowerModule in the pic I included of another person's install.

K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #10608 on: July 28, 2017, 09:19:32 am »
Well came out of the mechanics and they couldnt get it off but its going in nxt wk for new brakes and they will try again if not there is a VW dealership right nxt door though I do hate using them cause they are robbing #####

Bums.  What map is it on it currently?

Offline Leco_GTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
    • Email
« Reply #10609 on: July 28, 2017, 12:18:27 pm »
I put a can of BG44K in the tank. I read a lot of good reviews about this product and I thought why not give it a go at my 102k GTI? What could possibly go wrong?  :wink:

Offline golfmck1980

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
« Reply #10610 on: July 28, 2017, 06:36:30 pm »

They cant tell they just said to me its locked prob just a stupid generic one the guy I bought the car off said it was already done when he had it. Never had a map that was locked before so didnt think it wld be an issue. My mechanic said he wld speak to revo nxt wk about it
Edition 30 num 859

Offline Kai96

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #10611 on: July 28, 2017, 09:03:55 pm »

They cant tell they just said to me its locked prob just a stupid generic one the guy I bought the car off said it was already done when he had it. Never had a map that was locked before so didnt think it wld be an issue. My mechanic said he wld speak to revo nxt wk about it

Instead of going to the dealers who will charge a fortune do you know anybody who could take it out and bench map it that way ?

willni

« Reply #10612 on: July 28, 2017, 10:37:46 pm »
That's the pescaras back from the refurb, the guy said he knew the colour so just let him go for it, in dark light they look gunmetal-ish, in the light bright silver and normal the proper colour, and they did a create job in them considering the corrosion that had built up from the previous owners awful refurb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #10613 on: July 29, 2017, 10:50:14 am »
That's the pescaras back from the refurb, the guy said he knew the colour so just let him go for it, in dark light they look gunmetal-ish, in the light bright silver and normal the proper colour, and they did a create job in them considering the corrosion that had built up from the previous owners awful refurb

Great job!  Was that a pristine job?

willni

« Reply #10614 on: July 29, 2017, 10:51:24 am »

Great job!  Was that a pristine job?

Nu-luk in Northern Ireland, sitting here polishing and coating them in ceramic coat at the minute.

willni

« Reply #10615 on: July 29, 2017, 11:37:36 am »
There we go that's the alloys polished, ceramic coated on the face, in the barrel and behind the spokes, along with new centre caps and bbs dust caps (also ceramic coated) to finish

Offline Rossimac

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 33
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90767.0.html
« Reply #10616 on: July 29, 2017, 12:07:22 pm »
Nu Luk does a great job, but it is expensive! I got quoted £435 around a year ago (is this in line with what you were charged?)
What made you go for them over a £200 jobby from another local?

They do look very close to original colour, which is rare from what I can read of others!

willni

« Reply #10617 on: July 29, 2017, 01:30:05 pm »
Nu Luk does a great job, but it is expensive! I got quoted £435 around a year ago (is this in line with what you were charged?)
What made you go for them over a £200 jobby from another local?

They do look very close to original colour, which is rare from what I can read of others!

It was around that mark yeah, and we've been using them for a long time, family and friends all use them too.

You have to think of it more of yes you can get them refurbished cheaper elsewhere, but for £200 extra they're powder coated and finished off like they just left the factory, and from the cheaper refurb they'll bubble in 1-2 years (happened to my brother who went to one around Stormont direction) and I'm still running some that were refurbished 4 years ago and still look factory fresh.

They're expensive but you get what you pay for definitely worth it in my opinion.

Offline MIJ_JAGGER

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 103
  • -Receive: 77
« Reply #10618 on: July 29, 2017, 02:42:47 pm »

Brilliant job, well worth it

Offline Rob1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 24
« Reply #10619 on: July 29, 2017, 02:56:49 pm »

Are they finished in shadow chrome?

Black Ed30