Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2528189 times)

willni

Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #10830 on: October 23, 2017, 08:12:09 pm »

My Euro Spec xenons arrived today from Germany, and I swapped the shrouds out to my UK spec shrouds, bulbs don’t seem to be fitting right so I’l going to get new bulbs anyway as one bulb was done anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #10831 on: October 24, 2017, 08:12:33 am »

My Euro Spec xenons arrived today from Germany, and I swapped the shrouds out to my UK spec shrouds, bulbs don’t seem to be fitting right so I’l going to get new bulbs anyway as one bulb was done anyway

Are they xenon style fogs?

Link please!!

willni

« Reply #10832 on: October 24, 2017, 08:17:46 am »

Are they xenon style fogs?

Link please!!

No sorry I can see why you think that though lol, they’re the Euro Spec LH/D Xenon Shrouds and lense

Offline Molesy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #10833 on: October 24, 2017, 09:41:50 am »
Dropped the car off at the garage this morning, getting PCV, Cam follover, Vogtland coilovers, RS3 Top mounts, Superpro ALK, Front wishbone bushes and BJ's fitted  :wink: Can't wait to get her back and feel the difference  :laugh:

Got a 02 Audi A3 1.8T Auto as a loan car, its done 227k but drives/feels like new, only thing i don't like it the rather lifeless steering on it. The Mk5 is a very different car to drive, made me appreciate what I've got  :smiley:

Molesy  :happy2:

willni

« Reply #10834 on: October 24, 2017, 03:09:03 pm »

Fitted the little stainless steel/chrome wingmirror control, broke the normal one removing the door card, but been wanting to do this for a while anyway.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #10835 on: October 24, 2017, 04:39:16 pm »
Dropped the car off at the garage this morning, getting PCV, Cam follover, Vogtland coilovers, RS3 Top mounts, Superpro ALK, Front wishbone bushes and BJ's fitted  :wink: Can't wait to get her back and feel the difference  :laugh:

Got a 02 Audi A3 1.8T Auto as a loan car, its done 227k but drives/feels like new, only thing i don't like it the rather lifeless steering on it. The Mk5 is a very different car to drive, made me appreciate what I've got  :smiley:

Hopefully you won't be disappointed with that little lot!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Molesy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10836 on: October 24, 2017, 04:45:20 pm »

Stuck in work till 5  :sad1: but they just called me, all went well, the old cam follower as good as well so good news and they are doing the geo atm - nearly there - proper excited as its been years since I last done something like this  :laugh:

I'll report back later  :smiley:

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #10837 on: October 24, 2017, 04:52:45 pm »

Stuck in work till 5  :sad1: but they just called me, all went well, the old cam follower as good as well so good news and they are doing the geo atm - nearly there - proper excited as its been years since I last done something like this  :laugh:

I'll report back later  :smiley:

That's a good start then  :happy2:

Make sure you give it a proper shakedown on some sh1tty/challenging roads!

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 39
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,110924.0.html
« Reply #10838 on: October 24, 2017, 08:59:22 pm »
Well.. Didn't got anything done today besides picking up 2 packages - 1 from VW and 1 from Forge Motorsports

Also placed at tiny teeny order at Darkside for some more stuff to my engine rebuild project. :rolleye:

Oh yeah, I finally got around changed the hood lock a few days ago. This piece and the 3 screws that holds it in place what the only parts I didn't manged to change when I did my complete GTI front end swap  :confused: :sick:

MK5 TDI 2.0 MY2005 - FULL OF RETROFITS:
MK6 dashboard - BCM converted - MK7 cruise control MFSW - PLA 2.0 - 3D instrument cluster - Discover Media 2 - Highline TPMS - 10ch Dynaudio system - KESSY with start button

Offline Ads22

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #10839 on: October 25, 2017, 03:17:01 pm »
New rear calipers and LED numberlight lights............then took for nice photoshoot with some autumn scenery.

Offline Molesy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10840 on: October 25, 2017, 03:22:38 pm »
New rear calipers and LED numberlight lights............then took for nice photoshoot with some autumn scenery.

Nice looking motor Ads, great pictures as well!

Offline Ads22

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #10841 on: October 25, 2017, 03:24:46 pm »

Nice looking motor Ads, great pictures as well!

Thank you, its one the rare moments that its actually clean!

Offline Molesy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10842 on: October 25, 2017, 03:34:04 pm »
So this wasn't today but it was yesterday! Also the garage owners race prepped A4 with 2.0 strokker engine, running about 650bhp from memory  :scared: :drool: Also a customers MK3 VR6 supercharger conversion he's doing, currently waiting on the owner to see if he wants to convert to 4WD atm  :confused:

Ride height, forgive the dirty car  :ashamed: Taken this morning near work.

Vogtland Coilovers

Superpro ALK

Superpro Ball Joints

Superpro Dogbone Mount

Race prepped A4

That turbo tho :drool:

Was worth 2 shots

Interior

Mk3 VR6 Supercharger conversion.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #10843 on: October 26, 2017, 10:22:57 am »
Good ride height!

I used to have one of those Superchargers on my old VR6 and it was horrible.  Turbos work so much better on the VR6!

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 193
    • Email
« Reply #10844 on: October 26, 2017, 02:59:07 pm »
Fitted another set of N version door modules, now have folding mirrors again! Thanks to @gti_enthu for the help and smooth transaction

Also wired up door warning lights whilst the cards were off. The warning lights have been waiting to go on for a few months now!

Car just really needs a thorough clean inside and out now.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk