Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2528992 times)

Offline H18Golf

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #10845 on: November 01, 2017, 03:32:09 pm »
Not today but last Sunday, picked my car up after having a couple of scuffs repaired that were on the car when I bought it 3 years ago. 

I know, far too long to wait, however they weren't really that noticeable, plus I was waiting on getting a recommendation for someone decent to do the job.  Anyway, rear bumper fully resprayed, half of front bumper (blended in at lower section at splitter), and full drivers door respray.  Needed to get the drivers door done as there was a small amount of bubbling above and below the door trim, turns out the car has had a prior ding according to the guy that done the job.  Also had a rust spot sorted on my sill.

Replacing the wings later this month, once this is done the paintwork will be mint.   :smiley:

Offline shaunK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #10846 on: November 02, 2017, 08:38:15 pm »
£400 lighter due to needing tyres for MOT but all sorted now

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #10847 on: November 03, 2017, 03:34:23 am »
Decided to give it a thorough going over. I discovered the rear breather tube had a tiny leak up top where it is clamped to the short bit of hose going to the intake mani. VW tech didn't tighten it appropriately. Tightened and it's all good. Then decided to remove the PCV and check it. Blew on the port for the hose to the intake mani and discovered it wasn't fully sealing. Also discovered the upper clip on the hose from the PCV to filter housing was broken. Cracked portion of the clip was on the bottom side, so can only assume VW tech did that too and let it be hid rather than replace it for having broke it. Ordered a new hose and PCV. Reinstalled my BSH stage 1 pcv plate in the meantime...but had to add slightly larger o-rings to the end of the hose due to poor fitting and erratic boost following the install of the pcv plate. Now that that is all fixed... :thinking: what next?  :confused:

Those times when I decide to allow someone else to work on it because I don't want to...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 03:38:12 am by ROH ECHT »
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #10848 on: November 05, 2017, 06:25:19 am »
Went to a "Food-Drive & Cruise-In"...photo dump!  :drinking:

« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 06:32:40 am by ROH ECHT »
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline 80walk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #10849 on: November 05, 2017, 04:05:51 pm »
Rear abs sensor & hub replaced .... I now have abs and traction control again. :smiley:

Abs / traction control / run flat lights were on dash ... that's both rear abs sensors and hubs replaced in a year.

Also spotted some bubbling in front wings ...  :sad1:

willni

« Reply #10850 on: November 05, 2017, 05:28:39 pm »
Retrofitted the mk6 golf Dynaudio to the edition 30 just need an amp to really unleash it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TeamKHK

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #10851 on: November 05, 2017, 06:19:03 pm »
Not today but Friday,

Had my GT in for the most feared day of the year... MOT. I had a pretty good feeling it would pass anyway and thankfully it did, the only thing they advised in person but didn't note it as an advisory was a corroded centre exhaust clamp & had it done as it only cost a tenner to renew.

While it was in for the MOT, I also had the tracking done as it was even more out since swapping the springs. Strangely though they said it was spot on and the only thing they could pin point to why it wouldn't drive straight was that it could well be the slow puncture that is present on the front passenger wheel (I knew about this anyway)... It was down to 18psi on the day!  :surprised:

No signs of any punctures anywhere on the tyre however, so it could be down to the rim seal itself so they took the tyre off the alloy & refitted it. Afterwards the tracking was a lot better and it's pretty much spot on now.

Liam.

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #10852 on: November 05, 2017, 10:16:21 pm »
I had my wife's GT Sport interior roof retrimmed due to it started to sag around the sunglass holder.

Offline Eves

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #10853 on: November 06, 2017, 08:05:55 am »

Fresh wash and a bit of back to black treatment for the front grills.

Looks a lot fresher

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #10854 on: November 08, 2017, 01:03:16 am »
Made a vid for testing the 2.0L FSI PCV. Mine is bad and was waiting on a new one to arrive including  the "filter housing to PCV tube". Decided to make a vid to help if ever you decide to test the PCV. I also added a tip for if you have a broken clip...you can clip off the mouse ear portion of the pcv tube clips with wire cutters...leaving the two barbed clips and secured with a snug hose clamp.

Offline Molesy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #10855 on: November 08, 2017, 09:53:02 am »
Booked my car in for a service, cambelt + water pump and Main + Inline thermostats as the car barely gets to 60 degrees unless in heavy traffic. She's certainly getting some love of late!

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #10856 on: November 08, 2017, 09:59:39 am »
Booked my car in for a service, cambelt + water pump and Main + Inline thermostats as the car barely gets to 60 degrees unless in heavy traffic. She's certainly getting some love of late!

That's going to be a tasty bill if done at a main dealer!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Molesy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #10857 on: November 08, 2017, 11:36:45 am »

That's going to be a tasty bill if done at a main dealer!

Going back to the same place that did my suspension but even then its a a good chunk of cash! Might get the plugs and coils done at the same time still mulling that over atm...

Molesy  :happy2:

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #10858 on: November 13, 2017, 10:04:56 am »
Good work!  I tried to install the puddle lights in mine but was a complete fail.  After the wiring and coding......absolutely nothing  :grin:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline MIJ_JAGGER

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 103
  • -Receive: 77
« Reply #10859 on: November 13, 2017, 10:34:30 am »
Puddle lights are a different ball game apparently so I can imagine it being a total flip flop lol this module that module blah blah