Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 1033720 times)

Offline Pudding

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 383
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #11130 on: May 15, 2018, 04:48:23 PM »
All this talk of brakes prompted me to stick them on during a bored moment.  R/PP/S3 calipers with Clubsport S discs.

Very easy to fit and there is no apparent penalty from the increased weight, it drives exactly the same as the stock brakes.  The pedal is pretty crap though.  I'm hoping that is just down to bedding in but I will take it to VW for a full brake and clutch flush anyway, just to be sure.

Black Edition 30 with manually selected cogs, a beefier clutch, some extra boost and them Whiteline thingies, otherwise standard.

Offline MIJ_JAGGER

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 163
  • -Receive: 72
« Reply #11131 on: May 15, 2018, 05:06:58 PM »
All this talk of brakes prompted me to stick them on during a bored moment.  R/PP/S3 calipers with Clubsport S discs.

Very easy to fit and there is no apparent penalty from the increased weight, it drives exactly the same as the stock brakes.  The pedal is pretty crap though.  I'm hoping that is just down to bedding in but I will take it to VW for a full brake and clutch flush anyway, just to be sure.

Delicious

Offline Pudding

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 383
« Reply #11132 on: May 16, 2018, 07:55:44 PM »

Delicious

All OEM goodness  :happy2:
Black Edition 30 with manually selected cogs, a beefier clutch, some extra boost and them Whiteline thingies, otherwise standard.

Offline alexmccabe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 12
    • Alex McCabe
« Reply #11133 on: May 18, 2018, 09:31:58 AM »
Cambelt, water-pump and thermostat for £303... Alright I suppose.

They also diagnosed why it sounds like a goddamned diesel. Turns out it's something much very expensive to fix. £854.86 with labour and VAT

A timing chain tensioner and adjuster. Woo
Part Number: 06F 198 088 D

MK5 Golf GTi 197BHP Tornado Red

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 101
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #11134 on: May 19, 2018, 07:21:45 PM »
It required its third battery today. Listened to the radio while parked for 45 minutes, actually started it after 30 minutes to make sure it was OK, and then it wouldn't start fifteen minutes later. Likely would've lasted a bit longer once jumped but lacked trust in it. First two batteries lasted 11yr and 6mon.
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/TTRS lpfp/TORQBYTE PM3/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's/H&R SS springs...ZOOM'DIS My Dragtime link-GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 203
  • -Receive: 458
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ndmv497b6jaj148a5kndl56vi6&/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #11135 on: May 19, 2018, 08:18:49 PM »
It required its third battery today. Listened to the radio while parked for 45 minutes, actually started it after 30 minutes to make sure it was OK, and then it wouldn't start fifteen minutes later. Likely would've lasted a bit longer once jumped but lacked trust in it. First two batteries lasted 11yr and 6mon.
That's good battery life. Hope your new one last as much. :happy2:

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #11136 on: May 21, 2018, 04:21:55 AM »

That's good battery life. Hope your new one last as much. :happy2:
Yeah, about as good as it gets. 6.5 years on the original and 5 years on a dry cell Optima. Went back to an OEM battery from the dealership on this third one.
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/TTRS lpfp/TORQBYTE PM3/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's/H&R SS springs...ZOOM'DIS My Dragtime link-GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline mjmallia

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #11137 on: May 21, 2018, 01:41:44 PM »
Been working through the engine, refreshing a lot of tired sensors........but last week I changed the MAP sensor being one of the last original sensors on the 2005 car.........no error reported, apart from lowish mpg for town driving and a continuously sooty exhaust that I have to clean every week.

Well a week on and there is more fuel left in the tank, doing the same daily trips (I used to just survive a week on half a tank) and the exhaust tips are very clean still amazingly.

Will keep monitoring, but impressed so far. The engine must have been running rich and the MAP sensor was stating high pressure in the system when it was not on boost.

Offline MIJ_JAGGER

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 163
  • -Receive: 72
« Reply #11138 on: May 21, 2018, 03:38:58 PM »
Finally finished stitching work on ONE of the seats

Next up drivers seat, need to find a replacement seat whilst mines off

Offline willk86

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #11139 on: May 21, 2018, 07:59:43 PM »
Been working through the engine, refreshing a lot of tired sensors........but last week I changed the MAP sensor being one of the last original sensors on the 2005 car.........no error reported, apart from lowish mpg for town driving and a continuously sooty exhaust that I have to clean every week.

Well a week on and there is more fuel left in the tank, doing the same daily trips (I used to just survive a week on half a tank) and the exhaust tips are very clean still amazingly.

Will keep monitoring, but impressed so far. The engine must have been running rich and the MAP sensor was stating high pressure in the system when it was not on boost.
Have you got a part number for it?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline willk86

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11140 on: May 21, 2018, 07:59:49 PM »

Offline Joshy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #11141 on: May 21, 2018, 08:11:35 PM »
Finally transferred my new reg onto the car! :happy2:

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #11142 on: May 22, 2018, 04:43:53 AM »

This is it;  038-906-051-D...do not get the 038-906-051-C because it is a 3 bar sensor and will not work unless tuned to use it.

https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/vw-2-5-bar-map-small-probe-manifold-pressure-sensor-038-906-051-b.html

Offline willk86

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11143 on: May 22, 2018, 09:05:51 AM »

This is it;  038-906-051-D...do not get the 038-906-051-C because it is a 3 bar sensor and will not work unless tuned to use it.

https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/vw-2-5-bar-map-small-probe-manifold-pressure-sensor-038-906-051-b.html
Thanks pal, I have the same symptoms as you've described, hopefully this will sort.

Sorry everyone  for the double post as well

Offline Newbieintown

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #11144 on: May 22, 2018, 06:02:51 PM »
Didn’t you change this yourself? Was a bitch of a job? Thanks

MK5 Golf GTI
200bhp
Tornado Red