Make a donation

Author Topic: Need help with an Audi telephone please  (Read 7594 times)

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
Re: Need help with an Audi telephone please
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 01:38:54 pm »
Stu,

It worked (sort of). Went though all the steps (and everything was exactly like you brilliantly said). Re-booted the MMI and pressed the telephone button and now rather than the usual "No Bluetooth preperation  installed", it now says, "No Bluetooth device attached, do you want to search for a bluetooth device now ?"

Wohoo, it seems like the bluetooth unit is active, HOWEVER, we can't seem to pair a phone. When we select "YES" to search for a bluetooth device, despite his iphone been in discoverable mode, the Audi does a search but only for about 5 seconds then says "No bluetooth device found". Also, most of the options in the now visible bluetooth menu are ghosted out and unslectable (which I assume is because we don't have a pairing yet) ?

Have we missed a step out, or is there something esle we need to do. So near yet so far. In anycase, my colleague wants me to pass on massive thanks to you Stu for your time.

sciroccosig by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 01:51:55 pm »
Well some good news at least.

Another reboot of the MMI may help.

The pairing process is different to that which you may be used to. I guess it would be covered in his owners manual but it centres around the MMI negotiating with the phone and then offering a PIN on screen which is time limited in its use.

If your man is feeling flush as well as elated then perhaps he might like to PayPal SteveP something towards the running of this place.  :happy2:
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 03:27:46 pm »
Any luck.

I replied to the last post on my iPhone so it may have seemed a little short  :evilgrin:
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 08:32:48 am »
SUCCESS !!!!!!

We missed one small step. After enabling the hidden menus and selecting the correct Profile from the menus, I needed to go back into [5F] Infotainment, go to adaptation and select channel 17 and set from the default 0 to 1. This actually sets the bluetooth module to ON (which is why it was only searching for a couple of seconds, because the bluetooth wasn't switched on).

Once we did this, it searched and found his phone and paired perfectly. We tested the system and it works great. All his contacts came across and we made / received calls without a problem.

My mate Steve is delighted and really wants to say a massive thanks and will sort out a good paypal donation to SteveP and the site.  BTW, what's the best way to do this ?

Can't beleive his local Audi dealer quoted him £760 to install bluetooth on his car !!!!

Many thanks Stu, you are a god  :happy2: :happy2: :happy2:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 08:35:24 am by Norbreck21a »

sciroccosig by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2011, 06:35:52 pm »
Great news.

That's only the beginning now though, I'm sure we can find you some more tweaks for him  :evilgrin:

For any donations it's best to PM SteveP, let him know what the deal is and he'll point you in the right direction.
Stu...

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2011, 06:57:54 pm »
That is truly outstanding.
Audi charge £760 and probably + vat for 10 mins work.

The Audi Easter Egg they don't want people to find.  :laugh:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2011, 07:00:11 pm »
TPM is the same Ian, £65 option.

There are quite a few we know about but how many we don't.

VIM is easy on the MMI too, simply requires a login code  :evilgrin:
Stu...