Make a donation

Author Topic: Need help with an Audi telephone please  (Read 7620 times)

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
Need help with an Audi telephone please
« on: June 17, 2011, 10:52:13 am »
Hi guys,

Sorry, Audi releated not VW I'm afraid.

Looking for a little assistiance for a work colleague of mine. He's just purchased his dream car, a 2010 Audi S4. He managed to find one with the spec he wanted except for one thing - no bluetooth.

He looked a quite a few and none of them seem to have this fitted as standard. Not wanting to fit a cheap aftermarket unit, and having seen the OEM one I have in the new Scirocco, he was wondering if Audi use the same telephone prep packages ? He's been quoted over £800 to have one fitted by his local Audi dealer.

i.e., can he buy the 9W7 (5K0035730) package (as I purchased from a chap on Ebay for the wif'es new Polo) and fit it to his Audi, or do they run their own propriety units ? He has the MMI interface if that makes a difference ?

Ta

Andrew
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 10:55:06 am by Norbreck21a »

sciroccosig by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
Re: Need help with an Audi telephone please
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 11:40:23 am »
No he'll need an Audi setup.

Does he have MMI 3 or MMI 2??
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 11:52:28 am »
I would think in the S he has MMI 3 and in which case he may well thank you (and possibly me  :evilgrin:)

Using VCDS enable the MMI Hidden Menu -

Module 5F
Adapation - 10
Channel 6 - "Read"
New value = 1
"Test"
"Save"
"Done, Go Back"

Exit VCDS.

The next bit is done within the hidden menu which is accessed by -

Holding 'Car' and 'Setup' until the Hidden Menu appears.  This can be tricky so get back to me if you struggle.

Using the joystick controller select 'Diagnose' and then 'Settings', followed by 'Tel Settings Misc'.

Change the setting to 'no WLAN/no NAD/BT/HFP'

Now he'll need to restart his MMI by -

Pressing 'Setup' the 'Scroll Wheel Button' and the top right function button all at the same time and then releasing.

He should now be able to enjoy his much cheaper than expected Bluetooth  :drinking:

If you have VCDS there are probably quite a few nice features we can sort him out with  :evilgrin:
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 04:10:43 pm »
You are a god Stu and don't let anyone tell you different... :happy2: :notworthy:

Apparently this can be done on the new Touareg aswell with the new RNS850? I was down with the mate at Leeds VW the other week and some twonk had stolen the screen out of a new Touareg not knowing that it will not work with out the new DVD nav box above the glovebox :grin:

Darren

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 04:12:50 pm »
You are a god Stu and don't let anyone tell you different... :happy2: :notworthy:

Lol, a bit strong but nice of you to say.  Lets see if works first  :evilgrin:

In truth it's not my research just re-written info I have gleaned from various places.
Stu...

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 04:19:40 pm »
I see! then I've changed my mind on your skills :grin: only joking Stu :happy2: I have heard there is so much more you can do through VCDS with the new Audi's and VW.

Darren

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 04:20:50 pm »
Apparently this can be done on the new Touareg aswell with the new RNS850? I was down with the mate at Leeds VW the other week and some twonk had stolen the screen out of a new Touareg not knowing that it will not work with out the new DVD nav box above the glovebox :grin:

Darren

Very handy  :happy2:

One of the best features I enabled on mine was to be able to directly rip from CD/DVD to the onboard hard drive.  Very handy  :happy2:
Stu...

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 04:27:08 pm »
Stu / Darren, thanks very much.

I'm a little ocnfused though. Are you saying that all the MMI 3 Audi's have a full bluetooth prep built in but just not activated ? I mean no extra hardware, mics etc/ required ?

If so, wow, how strange.

I've asked my colleague and he corrected me by saying his car is a late 2009 model (not 2010) with the full colour MMI rather than the usual Red letters on black (don't know if that means it's a 2 or 3 ?).

How would we find out (don't want to bugger up his car)  :grin:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 04:36:23 pm »
As long as it's a B8 Chassis and it has the 3G MMI (Sat Nav) then he should be OK I think.

When you look with VCDS it'll be 5F (Information Electronics) if it's a 3G or 07 (Control Head) if it's a 2G.

Lets hope he has a 3G
Stu...

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 04:38:35 pm »
Here's some more info to tell by a quick glance

3G(has a little joystick on the top of the knob)

2G

Darren

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 04:39:44 pm »
Does he have a DVD player with 2 x SD slots in the dash??
Stu...

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 10:24:34 pm »
Thanks Stu,

I'll ask on Monday. I'll also take my cable along just in case he's lucky and it's just a programming thing.  :happy2:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 10:27:40 pm »
Stu is a God really but humble with it.  :wink:

As for shipping Bluetooth for free then I guess if you build all the units the same there are savings to be made.

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 10:52:14 pm »

Ok, what are you after???
Stu...

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2011, 10:58:58 pm »

Ok, what are you after???

:sad1: