All Things Mk5 > Sat Nav and Car Audio

Battery Regualtion fault after new Can Bus install

<< < (2/2)

JettiGLI:
I have the exact same issue after installing a new can bus module for my rcd-510, any hint?

Thankyou!

tlnds:

--- Quote from: vRStu on July 01, 2011, 12:08:03 pm ---As a side note I would code the WS Number and Importer etc as this is often a cause of some issues.

Are you sure 61 isn't ticked??  Did you compare the new with the old coding?

--- End quote ---
Bit of an old thread but is 61 meant to be ticked on Mk5 GTI's?

downtime:

--- Quote from: tlnds on February 11, 2016, 01:56:07 pm ---
--- Quote from: vRStu on July 01, 2011, 12:08:03 pm ---As a side note I would code the WS Number and Importer etc as this is often a cause of some issues.

Are you sure 61 isn't ticked??  Did you compare the new with the old coding?

--- End quote ---
Bit of an old thread but is 61 meant to be ticked on Mk5 GTI's?

--- End quote ---

It doesn't matter if it's ticked or not. The error will eventually pop up.

The battery regulator seems to be a submodule inside the new can gateway module and looks like that only way to get rid of this is to install the shunt resistor to the battery which measures the current flow. I just haven't found the correct part number for this yet, but my plan was to install this eventually.

There seems to be some intelligence even without the resistor as my previous battery which was 8 years old was going out, the car started warning about that by playing this annoying bling sound when car was off and interior lights on, it also turned them off quite quickly to save battery. With new battery no blings and no too early interior light shut downs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version