Make a donation

Author Topic: HOW TO: Replace Faulty Door Lock Module  (Read 124036 times)

Offline holepunch

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Re: HOW TO: Replace Faulty Door Lock Module
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2013, 12:18:15 pm »
Great work on this guide! :congrats:

I had no trouble replacing the unit, however my rear wash wipe has stopped working. 

Its not a fuse and the connector is getting power.  Having tried a replacement unit its still not working so I'm starting to think it might be a coding issue.

Has anyone suffered a similar problem or could offer some advice.

Thanks

Rob

Golftdi364

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 01:55:53 pm »
Bit of a thread hi-jack.

Fortunately it was my passenger door that was faulty. So not an immediate problem.

I did get it work again using the two man unlock bang handle technique.

The advice I was given was to remove the "hidden screws" from the door trim. So at least if everything goes wrong you can still remove the trim and open the door...

If anyone has a problem with the passenger door please pm me I have one for sale. Never fitted as the unlock bang technique cured my lock  :laugh:

i know this ia a old post but can anyone tell me where the hidden screws are and what the two man unlock bang handle technique?

Masud Ali

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2015, 11:14:33 am »
The door latch on the cars can be really tricky to repair or replace. It would be best if you get it checked firstly from the dealer itself. Another thing you can do is hire an auto locksmith to troubleshoot your car's door lock module.

Offline Matthewsimone

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2015, 09:18:42 pm »
So interior door card/trim can stay in place during this module replacement then?  :smiley:
Mk5 Golf....... The Real GTI Reborn

Offline doylebros

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2015, 09:32:06 pm »
So interior door card/trim can stay in place during this module replacement then?  :smiley:
Yes the interior card doesn't need to be removed

Offline Matthewsimone

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2015, 09:35:03 pm »
Thanks mate
 :happy2:
Mk5 Golf....... The Real GTI Reborn

Offline Energybutton

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2015, 10:22:02 pm »
This was really handy when my passenger door decided it no longer wanted to close. Cheers!  :happy2:

Offline waj27

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2015, 12:33:00 pm »
Great Help thank you.

Offline S2 Ant

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2017, 09:10:33 am »
Long short I'm sure but does anyone have the pictures for this job please?
Thanks to photo buckets recent changes I can't find any and my passenger door lock has decided to start playing up.

Cheers
Ant

Offline RobC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2017, 09:20:14 am »
Long short I'm sure but does anyone have the pictures for this job please?
Thanks to photo buckets recent changes I can't find any and my passenger door lock has decided to start playing up.

Cheers

I dont know if this works for everyone but Ive found a workaround that works for me. Its not neat, but it works...

(Im using Google Chrome if that makes a difference)

- Right click the photo and click 'Open in New Tab' (When it opens in a new tab it will still show the Photobucket ransom message)
- Hold Ctrl & press F5 to refresh the page and once it refreshes you should be able to see said image.

Let me know if it works for you. It should even then show up in the original a normal, or at least does for me  :happy2:

solo247

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2017, 09:45:33 pm »
Looks like images are not loading. can the author of this article please look into this.

Thanks

Offline Cosmos

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 5
  • 376bhp 423lbs torque
  • My Ride: Golf Gti Edition 30
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2017, 08:14:42 pm »
My drivers door lock has started sometimes not opening when i push the unlock button on the keyfob but if i push the lock button and then the unlock button it opens the drivers door lock.Thinking i might need to order a new lock ?

4ndy

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2017, 08:21:24 pm »
Looks like images are not loading. can the author of this article please look into this.

Thanks
Images were loaded via photobucket which has decided to shaft everyone until they cough up 300

Offline slipd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2018, 03:44:25 pm »
Hi guys,

The last couple of days I think I've noticed a change in way my central locking is behaving... I used to press unlock once for the drivers door only and then a sort of 'double-tap' to unlock all the doors and boot. Now it seems like I have to press almost three time to unlock everything - the offside, passenger's door is the main culprit for sticking!

What do you reckon, is it the module? I don't think it's the key battery as I've only just changed them, got some Sony's and it's the same with both fobs.

Thanks.

Offline f00glee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2018, 04:26:19 pm »
Hi guys,

The last couple of days I think I've noticed a change in way my central locking is behaving... I used to press unlock once for the drivers door only and then a sort of 'double-tap' to unlock all the doors and boot. Now it seems like I have to press almost three time to unlock everything - the offside, passenger's door is the main culprit for sticking!

What do you reckon, is it the module? I don't think it's the key battery as I've only just changed them, got some Sony's and it's the same with both fobs.

Thanks.

I had the exact same and bought a replacement lock module, front near side for me. I re-coded so that all doors unlock on a single press and by the time the module came it started to work properly and has done ever since. I've come to my own conclusion that 10+ years of the previous owner rarely unlocking anything but the drivers door caused it to be a bit sticky. Don't know how feasible that is but in any case mines been fine for over a year now!
Current:
Mk6 R, Tornado Red, 5-door, '13.
Previous:
Mk5 GTI, Tornado Red, 3-door, '06, R-tech Stage "1+"