Make a donation

Author Topic: HOW TO: Replace Faulty Door Lock Module  (Read 124523 times)

Offline slipd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: HOW TO: Replace Faulty Door Lock Module
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2018, 04:35:29 pm »
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, it's probably all down to lack of use! My Dad used to have a nearly-new Merc and with only him using it, after a couple of years his rear electric windows seized! He wasn't happy. This would seem to me like the same sort of issue?

What is the actual bit that goes wrong? Any pics around?

jdoc_18

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2018, 07:54:13 pm »
Hey - Great article and advice!
I just spent all day removing the door skin to change one of the 2 faulty Lock Module on my rear doors.
One question if I may - I hadn't fully appreciated the way the lock mechanism (lock cover on rear doors) works - the bolt you have to blindly access with a thin shaft under the sticker).
As such I now I have no idea how to get the lock secure in its place again. 
I can sit it in its right place but whichever way I turn the screw (and I've tried to max in both directions) it doesn't seem to secure the lock.
Any advice how to get this secure again? Many thanks in advance all
Cheers!!

Offline Cosmos

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 5
  • 376bhp 423lbs torque
  • My Ride: Golf Gti Edition 30
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2020, 02:55:08 pm »
Thanks for the guide ! Just swapped my drivers mechanism and this guide made the job very easy  :smiley:

Offline BrandonGardner

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2020, 05:08:53 pm »
Thanks for the guide ! Just swapped my drivers mechanism and this guide made the job very easy  :smiley:
Will this guide help in doing the door lock replacement also? I know  locksmith basildon near me who has some experience in such type of work, do i contact them for that work?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 05:57:26 am by BrandonGardner »

Offline Wilywalt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2024, 12:41:26 pm »
Just want to say a big thank you for the guide, helped immensely with changing the lock on a VWGolf Plus 2006, though a little longer as I had to use an angle grinder on the lock bolts having sucked in a large breath! Lost the small rubber that held the handle chassis but easily replaced.

Note that the issue was the "red" lever was not fully engaging when using the remote to lock drivers door!  :P :P :P

Again many thanks for the guide.

Wilywalt