Make a donation

Author Topic: Show me your watches (or timepiece to be PC)  (Read 34990 times)

Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Re: Show me your watches (or timepiece to be PC)
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2011, 09:24:26 pm »
I got a couple of reallly really good Rolex watches when i was last in Afghanistan.

They were both limited edition as one was a "Ralgex" and the other a "Rolodex"  :grin:

Offline baldwined30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2011, 09:26:20 pm »
It was what i always wanted and they are better than money in the bank! The last one i sold made me £1500 more than i paid for it, allowing me to trade up!
Ed30

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2011, 09:29:14 pm »
Dude, had my son at a very early age.......it was a  :surprised: and a real reality check for me anyway.

Me < selfish, do what want when I want....spend ££ on anything  :laugh: had my son, was a big change!

He is now 12 and my BEST mate too. We do everything together.......he can drive (pretty much)  :driver: and has a few keep sakes for later life.

Hey < have a friend that paid £5,900 for a Brietling......only to find out it was NOT real. Perfect copy of everything, papers, docs the lot.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 09:31:34 pm by Johnny_tro »
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline baldwined30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2011, 09:32:11 pm »
Dude, had my son at a very early age.......it was a  :surprised: and a real reality check for me anyway.

Me < selfish, do what want when I want....spend ££ on anything  :laugh: had my son, was a big change!

He is now 12 and my BEST mate too. We do everything together.......he can drive (pretty much)  :driver: and has a few keep sakes for later life.

Thats really cool dude! Im 29 so about time for us i think! Im sure she cant get a baby in a 3Dr!!!

Hoping i have a girl then!! :grin: Then i wont have to hand down anything apart from grannies fake rings!! :innocent:
Ed30

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=njg3ish694flllr70g532m0h12&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2011, 09:37:52 pm »
You have to be very careful when buying watches. Always buy from a good quality jewelers, no matter how tempting the price is.

Hey < have a friend that paid £5,900 for a Brietling......only to find out it was NOT real. Perfect copy of everything, papers, docs the lot.

Offline baldwined30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2011, 09:40:18 pm »
I did take a huge gamble buying on line but i was covered by paypal! First thing i did was put in the bath over night! New rolex have a crown etched in the glass at 6 oclock too. if you have a keen eye you can spot the fakes!
Ed30

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2011, 09:40:49 pm »
 :signLOL: x 10

It's strange going to his school, I don't look much older than some of his mates  :signLOL:

Girl < this scared me. Come on, if I had a girl she would NOT DATE/GO OUT until she was 30  :grin: :signLOL: p.s not joking hahaha

Kids are the best, they have none of lifes complications, stresses.......!! As much as my son stresses me out, he is also my get away.

As for the fake/fakes < 13 months on it got sorted, but had to have police involved. Personally, NEVER EVER EVER expect help from Paypal!!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 09:42:48 pm by Johnny_tro »
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Carrera2RS

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2011, 10:01:10 pm »
My IWC, I have had it for 10 years, love it

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2011, 10:10:38 pm »
NICE!! I do like the IWC.....have soft spot for them.

Offline baldwined30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2011, 10:15:46 pm »
I think mine is better made than the Rolex! So people ask me if it's a military watch!
Ed30

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2011, 10:33:07 pm »
My 'old school' rolex!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2011, 10:41:11 pm »
Why is the word watch un-pc?

h4rdy

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2011, 10:42:36 pm »
I got a couple of reallly really good Rolex watches when i was last in Afghanistan.

They were both limited edition as one was a "Ralgex" and the other a "Rolodex"  :grin:

I tried to take the p1ss too but nobody bit!

All a bit too serious IMHO!

Lets lighten things up:

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2011, 10:47:57 pm »
Right, you must remember these  :signLOL: you either had one, or your mate had one and was showing off with it??

:signLOL:

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2011, 10:51:49 pm »
My 'old school' rolex!

Snap, inherited this unfortunately from my dad a few years ago, he purchased it in borneo in 1964 for c£100 and still going strong

This is i have had for 10years now 18thbday and been worn pretty much every day since

Would love a white gold daytona with croc strap next but a bit pricey, fingers crossed for friday  :happy2:
GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.