Make a donation

Author Topic: How to: repair 3 door sliding seat problem  (Read 72264 times)

Guildford_R

Re: How to: repair 3 door sliding seat problem
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 08:47:23 am »
Hi,

Probably being really thick here but I can't find the above 'holder for bowden cable'; on ebay! Thing is called VW up and they said it was £28, i'd rather pay 62p!  :happy2:

Help!

Actually on looking at the seat, the handle that I pull on literally feels like its not connected as the seat does not even fold forwards.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 11:48:21 am by Guildford_R »

Offline Huntsman

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2013, 03:49:52 pm »
Is your 3door seat folding but not sliding forward to let people in the back of the car? I had this problem for the past 3 years and final got round to fixing it.

Stunning  :happy2:
I was about to start pulling the seat back rest to pieces; I thought top seat release leaver pulled the cable you talk about lol.

The fact that as the seat leaned forward pulled the cable was lost on me.

Under the back adjustment winder you can trace the cable. I took this trim out which aids access  
The plastic cover mentioned above at the back of the seat slides down and then is bent back and down out of the way; just in case people missed that.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 03:51:53 pm by Huntsman »

Offline Ollie.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2013, 07:35:50 pm »
My passenger seat slider stopped working last night. Although it's not just when you are trying to get in the back, it wont slide at all now.

Is this likely to be the clip or something else as well? I haven't had chance to have a look at it yet.

Offline Huntsman

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2013, 05:35:35 pm »
My passenger seat slider stopped working last night. Although it's not just when you are trying to get in the back, it wont slide at all now.

Is this likely to be the clip or something else as well? I haven't had chance to have a look at it yet.
While working on repairing my seat as per the brilliant instructions in this tread the seat did lock up.
There is a metal slider in the outside track that allows the seat to remember where the user last set the seat if you accidentally knock this to far towards the front the seat seems to lockup. Use a thin screwdriver to rock the slider, and unlock it, and move it aft. Then the seat will move.

Hope that helps (assuming it is the same fault)

If you put the seat in the highest setting and move seat adjuster up and down and rock the back rest you can see how the seat should work.

Offline Huntsman

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2013, 05:43:56 pm »
I have purchased the new parts from a VW agent using my car reg and they match the part numbers in this excellent thread.

My problem is...
There is no way that part fits my vehicle :(

In the photos of the assembly, the depth between the top and the bottom lugs exactly matches the depth of the seat frame the part clips to.
On my vehicle the depth of the seat frame is nearly twice that of the supplied part!

Anyone else had this problem?
Did they change the seat around 10/3/2005 on a 2.0 GT 140 bhp TDI?

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 69
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2014, 02:21:37 pm »
just wanted to say a big thanks for this guide... I ordered the part from VW last week, it was 67p  :signLOL: fitted it this weekend and now I'm made up... THANKS... :happy2:

Offline GTI-Ross

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2014, 02:38:52 pm »
Can you confirm if this is the same part for the MK6 GTI as my drivers seat is doing this
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline GTI-Ross

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2014, 12:10:15 am »
?
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline w80ody

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2014, 02:38:29 pm »
Guide updated with latest prices for parts and clearer description.

GTI-Ross - Hope you have been able to find a fix by now but I would be pretty sure that the mk6 seat frame is the same or similiar design to that of the mk5. A chat with a friendly VW parts desk showing the ETKA diagram of the seat will confirm that though.

ryma1991

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2014, 02:22:40 pm »
Just done mine today. Cheers for the guide w80ody

Offline TurboHatchback

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2014, 05:43:45 pm »
Did my passenger seat today which had been broken for months, now it works perfectly! Thanks for the guide  :happy2: .

Offline H18Golf

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2015, 12:02:57 pm »
Sorry for digging up an old thread.  Changed these at the weekend which was a bit of a pain but done in the end.  Passenger seat slides now as well as tilting although is a bit ratchety, not fussed about this for the amount times it will be used, just glad it now works.

However, on the drivers side when I went to clip the plastic bit of the actual cable into this replacement part, the plastic snapped so now the cable doesn't sit in my new clip.  Anyone know the part number and cost for a replacement cable with plastic surround etc?  Also how is this fitted?  Looks possibly like it just hooks on when you look in at rear of seat with the small cover removed as per this guide, then runs down to adjuster and fastened there?

kazsiddique

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2017, 06:42:17 am »
hey guys,

just found this thread....looked at my recaros
have no cable at all....

my recaros are from an r32 mk5...apparently 3rd but not 100% sure.  ive fitted them to my scirocco r

help

Offline Murt2311

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2017, 05:34:24 pm »
****Price update****
Bought both side today and they were £1.63 incl vat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Murt2311

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2017, 06:01:41 pm »
Just fitting my new ones and my god what a ball ache that was! My poor thumbs are killing me now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk