Make a donation

Author Topic: 'Sliding top" covered cupholder  (Read 1652 times)

Offline galaxie500

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 13
  • 56 plate 5 door in Black Pearl Metallic
'Sliding top" covered cupholder
« on: December 12, 2011, 08:23:12 am »
Hello Gentlemen

My Edition 30 has the poverty spec cupholder ahead of the handbrake and armrest. Tried to buy the correct 'Anthracite' coloured sliding top cupholder but my local VW parts guy says its been deleted and only the black version is available. I think the only difference is the colour of the sliding cover.

The only available part number is: 1K0 862 531 A UBN

The part number ending in UJA - Anthracite is no longer available. 

Anybody either have a spare anthracite top or know any different?

Thanks

Offline galaxie500

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: 'Sliding top" covered cupholder
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 06:55:21 pm »
Any thoughts Gentlemen?

I'm in Vancouver for Xmas!!

Offline galaxie500

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 05:03:22 am »
No replies from any of my learned GTi owning pals?!

I'm in Vancouver, Canada for Xmas and went to a local VW dealer and asked the same 'Cupholder' question.  The answer was "Discontinued"

So, anybody trying to add an anthracite sliding top cupholder is going to get a black one it seems. Anthracite is NLA.

Anybody got a 2nd hand Anthracite one?

Happy Christmas everybody and drive safe!

Regards

Paul R  (galaxie500)
 :santa:

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 08:41:12 am »
Paul, I retrofitted one of these. I'll look up the details & get back to you....
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 08:44:36 am »
Paul, I fitted 1K0 862 531 AUBN as it was the closest match to my standard GTI interior trim. If you like, I'll post a photo so you can see the match? Personally I think it's perfect, and would not have chosen black.
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline galaxie500

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 07:49:51 am »
Apologies for the late reply Lou. Still away in Canada.  Hope you had a good Christmas.
Thanks for the info. Was it a nightmare job to fit? I need to pull my RNS510 and centre console to wire the MDI unit and loom I bought so changing the cupholder to the slidey topped variety ought to be done at the same time. I think the there is only one colour available from VW now - love to see a pic if you have the time. I'm definitely getting more OCD as I get older about this kind of thing!
Many thanks
PR

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 08:00:09 am »
Fitting was straightforward, though afterward, my armrest seemed to have a small gap around the base. It was because the sliding holder was very slightly shorter in height than the pauper one. So I stuck a small shim in there on the screw that mounts it in and all was well. Don't forget you'll need to order the two piece rubber mat that goes inside the cupholder, and find yourself a bottle opener.

I'll post up a photo later for you

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 04:43:48 pm »
Et voila! :star:

I think you'll agree that the black would be too dark. This fits in well.