Make a donation

Author Topic: OZ Alleggerita's - Review....  (Read 53447 times)

Offline alexmccabe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 12
    • Alex McCabe
Re: OZ Alleggerita's - Review....
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2014, 05:16:21 pm »
Standard size, 225 40 18 92Y. They're an 8.5"J rim for info.  :happy2:

Perfect! Thank you

MK5 Golf GTi 197BHP Tornado Red

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2017, 08:16:06 am »
After 8 years the paint finish on my OZ Alleggerita's was finally in urgent need of refurbishment (no photos sorry). I think the new colour (custom) shows off the wheel shape better.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2017, 09:08:50 pm »
RR, she's still looking the dingles!  :notworthy:

Yeap I agree re the wheel colour showing off the shape a little better. I was SO CLOSE to buying a set of the Alleggerita's recently and re read this review a "few" times.

:drinking:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=hm4i9scap8h6t8kd9vopmdjsv6&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2017, 09:28:13 pm »
I spot some new stoppers too Robin....  Wheels look great in that slightly lighter(?) colour!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2017, 09:53:13 am »
Hi Martin and Rich - Long time me not visited here! I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing as I thought I had stopped modding a while ago!

Yep, the new stoppers are revo-by-Alcon 355mm 6-pot calipers and smoother than my previous AP Racing 4-pot. Both extremely effective stoppers but the new ones are of course much fresher and hard braking feels more progressively smoother.

The new colour is lighter, Rich, and not just a trick of the light. The guy I bravely went to (one-man metalworking business on a farm in the Dorset hills) could only powdercoat in a limited selection of colours but as his 'titanium' was very pale indeed we decided to add black underneath. It has quite a lot of metallic lustre almost glitter and it did worry me a bit that they might be bling but when on the car and even in bright sunlight they look smart (in my opinion) and can appear aluminium, dull silver (not chrome bright), or just light grey. I am well pleased and he has lacquered them well too.

In fact, Jim at JKM who has seen and handled quite a few alloys in his time, told me that a very good job had been done and that was without me asking for his opinion.

This photo shows how much glitter the sh*t has been rolled in :

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline smiley_man

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2017, 03:23:40 pm »
Hi Martin and Rich - Long time me not visited here! I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing as I thought I had stopped modding a while ago!

Yep, the new stoppers are revo-by-Alcon 355mm 6-pot calipers and smoother than my previous AP Racing 4-pot. Both extremely effective stoppers but the new ones are of course much fresher and hard braking feels more progressively smoother.

The new colour is lighter, Rich, and not just a trick of the light. The guy I bravely went to (one-man metalworking business on a farm in the Dorset hills) could only powdercoat in a limited selection of colours but as his 'titanium' was very pale indeed we decided to add black underneath. It has quite a lot of metallic lustre almost glitter and it did worry me a bit that they might be bling but when on the car and even in bright sunlight they look smart (in my opinion) and can appear aluminium, dull silver (not chrome bright), or just light grey. I am well pleased and he has lacquered them well too.

In fact, Jim at JKM who has seen and handled quite a few alloys in his time, told me that a very good job had been done and that was without me asking for his opinion.

This photo shows how much glitter the sh*t has been rolled in :

Hello

I actually drive a Mazda 3, but want to buy the exact same wheels and found your post very helpful.

Funny enough, my car is also red.

The only problem is that I’m torn between Titanium Tech and Matte Graphite. And don’t know how Matte Graphite is compared to Titanium Tech? Any insight?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2017, 06:26:17 pm »
Hello

I actually drive a Mazda 3, but want to buy the exact same wheels and found your post very helpful.

Funny enough, my car is also red.

The only problem is that I’m torn between Titanium Tech and Matte Graphite. And don’t know how Matte Graphite is compared to Titanium Tech? Any insight?

Thanks!

....Hi, I'm pleased to hear that you found my post useful.

Which colour you choose can only be down to personal preference for how it looks.

The OZ Titanium colour is not super glossy but still looks good when dirty with brake dust and road grime etc. It is relatively dark though and I now prefer my custom colour because the lighter tone shows off the spokes design more.

I'm not familiar with Matte Graphite.

Whatever colour you choose I can wholeheartedly recommend the OZ Alleggerita as a superb lightweight high performance wheel < OZ have a long established pedigree know what they are doing! I have had mine for over 8 years.

Offline smiley_man

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2017, 08:28:45 pm »
Thank you!

I’m definitely getting them in 17x8 inch, as I want the lightest wheels possible (looks come second).

Just couldn’t tell what’s the difference between these two colours...

Offline smiley_man

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2017, 08:31:54 pm »
Titanium Tech - looks like there’s a colour gradient between the edge and the main body if the rim!? (Centre and edge are blackish, rest looks more grey)

And this is the Matte Grey. Which actually look more like your wheels, which are the Titanium version...

You understand my confusion.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2017, 10:29:17 pm »
When they are clean the Titanium version look as they do in the picture. The paint finish colour doesn't have a gradient - It's just how the effect changes with different lighting angles.

The others being Matte finish results in less effect changes due to less reflective surfaces.

When the Titanium version is dirty it looks much more like the Matte Grey version.

I think that the Titanium version is darker anyway.

I also think that either will look very good on a red car and so it comes back down to your personal preference.

Offline smiley_man

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2017, 11:25:50 pm »
Thanks Robin!

I think I’ll get the Titanium then, as it’s a more interesting colour.

And I’d prefer shinier to provide some contrast with the tyre.