Make a donation

Author Topic: Whiteline Anti Lift Kit  (Read 208114 times)

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
Re: Whiteline Anti Lift Kit
« Reply #210 on: December 10, 2009, 12:10:16 pm »
Had it fitted today £69.00 Inc VAT

Haven't really had a chance to see how she handles today - although there was a marked difference on the steering wheel weight when parking up slowly (it was heavier) - However the steering felt similar to before the fitting (kinda light at 'normal' speed) and the feeling of under-steer as ever present :( Anyway those are very early days feelings... I'm going to give it a full work out tomorrow and will post 'result' tomorrow!

Under what conditions are you experiencing under-steer?
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #211 on: December 10, 2009, 12:54:24 pm »
Had it fitted today £69.00 Inc VAT

Haven't really had a chance to see how she handles today - although there was a marked difference on the steering wheel weight when parking up slowly (it was heavier) - However the steering felt similar to before the fitting (kinda light at 'normal' speed) and the feeling of under-steer as ever present :( Anyway those are very early days feelings... I'm going to give it a full work out tomorrow and will post 'result' tomorrow!

Where you get it fitted mate?

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #212 on: December 10, 2009, 01:17:04 pm »

you shouldnt feel the same amount of understeer as before.  unless your experiencing power understeer.  You are defiantely not experiencing the same feeling i did.

what other mods do you have

Offline snapey

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #213 on: January 06, 2010, 02:52:38 pm »
Had mine fitted on Monday, Safe to say I haven't been able to test it out properly due to the gash weather but first impressions are very good.

One thing I picked up on was how direct the steering new feels, before there was a bit of slop and didn't feel too sure footed. I have to say now though it feels fantastic, point and it's turn very quick.

I don't know if its the placebo affect or anything but another thing I noticed is that the brakes feel a bit more 'feelsome' is that's a word.... I don't know if its because the wishbone isn't moving around as much but overall I'm very impressed with the early signs of improvement.

Luke
If you have to ask why, you'll never understand.

Offline Pablos007

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #214 on: February 07, 2010, 01:52:02 pm »
Great thread. Some interesting reviews and opinions, plus nice to see a modification that is given pretty much the universal thumbs-up!!  :happy2:

Getting mine fitted in three weeks along with KW V1's and dogbone mount.  Can't wait  :smiley:

Offline Bogdanbd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #215 on: February 07, 2010, 11:48:15 pm »
Hey guys, I'm new here.
Let me just say you have a very nice and very informative forum. Keep up the good work!

I have also order the WALK  + Bush Kit – Trailing arm - rear & Bush kit - control arm front.
Just a quick question: have you redone the wheel alignement after you have installed the WALK?
4x4-O2 RS REVO stg 3 - 370HP-K04 turbo-Haldex controller-Autotech HPFP-S3 injectors-NGK sparks-RS4 FPR Valve-EVOMS CAI-S3 FMIC+Forge Twintercooler & Actuator-USP fluidampr-custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust-KW coilover kit V1-S3 brakes front/rear + TAROX F2000 discs-LOBA-Sachs stg 2-VF Mounts-BSH PCV revamp-Forge short shifter-W.A.L.K.-H&R AntiRollBar kit + BSH end links -Team Dynamics ProRace 1.21 8x8J Anthracite/White

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #216 on: February 07, 2010, 11:57:37 pm »
it is definately wise to have the alignment done as it will ineveiatbly be out after fitting. plus its cheaper than buying two new tyres when you get uneven wear

Offline Bogdanbd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #217 on: February 08, 2010, 12:18:34 am »
This is what I thought too, but I see some guys didn't do it.
I will definitely do it, thx.
4x4-O2 RS REVO stg 3 - 370HP-K04 turbo-Haldex controller-Autotech HPFP-S3 injectors-NGK sparks-RS4 FPR Valve-EVOMS CAI-S3 FMIC+Forge Twintercooler & Actuator-USP fluidampr-custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust-KW coilover kit V1-S3 brakes front/rear + TAROX F2000 discs-LOBA-Sachs stg 2-VF Mounts-BSH PCV revamp-Forge short shifter-W.A.L.K.-H&R AntiRollBar kit + BSH end links -Team Dynamics ProRace 1.21 8x8J Anthracite/White

Offline xxx_mojo_xxx

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 19
  • MUBster DUBster
    • Project MUBster DUBster Evolution
    • Email
« Reply #218 on: February 08, 2010, 08:45:45 pm »
...  + Bush Kit – Trailing arm - rear & Bush kit - control arm front...

What are these bits?  Explanation with pics or diagrams plz...

Offline Bogdanbd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #219 on: February 08, 2010, 09:31:07 pm »
you have here a nice review: http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86188&highlight=Whiteline
He installed the complete kit: WALK + bushings

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #220 on: February 10, 2010, 12:18:38 pm »
add morego / S3 / TT lower arms link as I cant update the original review at the moment

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=10912.30
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline strapper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #221 on: April 05, 2010, 10:15:19 pm »
Thinking on getting this kit and I want to fit it myself. Has anyone took any pics of it being fitted to their car? Just so I can get a better idea of what it's like?
Tornado red mk5 Gti no more
Tornado red 3dr mk5 R32, leather recaros, satnav, arm rest, electricaly folding wing mirrors, sunroof, parking sensors, wOOwzers I've just made a mess of my trousers!l
Mk7 Gti 5dr solid white

Offline xxx_mojo_xxx

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 19
  • MUBster DUBster
    • Project MUBster DUBster Evolution
    • Email
« Reply #222 on: April 05, 2010, 11:10:20 pm »
Thinking on getting this kit and I want to fit it myself. Has anyone took any pics of it being fitted to their car? Just so I can get a better idea of what it's like?

Photos emailed...

Offline strapper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #223 on: April 06, 2010, 03:34:32 pm »
Cheers :congrats:

Cant it be done in situ?
Tornado red mk5 Gti no more
Tornado red 3dr mk5 R32, leather recaros, satnav, arm rest, electricaly folding wing mirrors, sunroof, parking sensors, wOOwzers I've just made a mess of my trousers!l
Mk7 Gti 5dr solid white

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #224 on: April 06, 2010, 04:47:10 pm »
Sold mine before I got it fitted. Bought another today though and having it fitted on 7may :)
Waiting for my bsh engine and transmision mounts too :)