Make a donation

Author Topic: Whiteline Anti Lift Kit  (Read 206648 times)

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
Re: Whiteline Anti Lift Kit
« Reply #300 on: March 21, 2012, 07:03:05 pm »
Is it still pulling?

problem sorted - Midland VW had their tracker calibrated and the gaffer asked me back to have another look. one minor tweak later and all is well
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #301 on: April 04, 2012, 05:49:38 am »

IMPORTANT:

If you install this AntiLift kit it's advisable to upgrade the bushes on the other side of the wishbone. This is because the stock bushes are softer than the ones integrated into the Whiteline kit and loading will transfer to the 'weaker' oem bush and could eventually cause failure.

Can I ask what the latest thinking is on this please? I've had my Stage 1 done now, and the modding bug has bitten me! Slippery slope indeed! I'm about to buy the WALK kit, but would like to know if the bushes on the other side of the wishbone should also be upgraded. If so, to allow me to budget for this, how much would this be in terms of parts and labour?

Thanks,

Ian.

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline the bruce

• Thank You
  • -Given: 322
  • -Receive: 100
    • my GTI
« Reply #302 on: April 04, 2012, 07:26:25 am »
I did the front bushes as well. Ask the dealer. They have delivered the front bushes for free
if you purchase the WALK a few weeks ago.
The stock front arme rear bushes are known for it's weakness, but also the front bushes
detoriate early. At least check them when you install the WALK.
"You get what you pay for."

Offline W8 Performance

• Trader - 2014
  • Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #303 on: April 04, 2012, 11:26:04 am »
The bushes are part no W0503 and are about £40 / £45. I wouldnt have thought it would take more than 1 to 2 hrs to hack the old bushes out and re fit new ones.

Whiteline were giving them away with the walk kits that were ordered before the end of Feb to make up for the huge delays in the Walk kits from Decemeber.

I guess some people purchased a few kits as stock. I only got 5 then when I got 5 more I have to pay for them  :ashamed:

Rob :happy2:

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #304 on: April 09, 2012, 04:49:35 am »
The bushes are part no W0503 and are about £40 / £45. I wouldnt have thought it would take more than 1 to 2 hrs to hack the old bushes out and re fit new ones.

Whiteline were giving them away with the walk kits that were ordered before the end of Feb to make up for the huge delays in the Walk kits from Decemeber.

I guess some people purchased a few kits as stock. I only got 5 then when I got 5 more I have to pay for them  :ashamed:

Rob :happy2:

Thanks Rob. I'm picking up my WALK from a member who no longer has them in his build plans. But can I buy the bushes from you just in case they need to be replaced on inspection when the WALK is installed? If not needed, I'll put them on the bay.

Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline sanj

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #305 on: April 09, 2012, 01:24:56 pm »
I had my WALK kit+whiteline bushes fitted a few day's ago and it's the best thing i've ever done,completley different car so much more refined and loving the extra power to the front wheel's with no wheel hop at all,engine mount insert  fitted as well! :happy2:

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #306 on: April 09, 2012, 03:52:50 pm »
I had my WALK kit+whiteline bushes fitted a few day's ago and it's the best thing i've ever done,completley different car so much more refined and loving the extra power to the front wheel's with no wheel hop at all,engine mount insert  fitted as well! :happy2:

Great, thanks for that pic Sanj.  :happy2:

Could I ask how many hours of labour you had to pay for installation of WALK & bushes?

Offline sanj

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #307 on: April 09, 2012, 04:54:22 pm »
Hiya mate,it was a pain in the ass for the poor chap's who fitted the whole thing as I had fitted the Eibach spring's a well,so everything had to come off to get the spring's in,it's a good thing the owner of the garage is a very good friend of mine and fitting took his top mechanic quite some time,around a full day at a cost to me of only £40! :jumping:

Offline w8scc

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #308 on: April 10, 2012, 04:37:46 pm »
great threads. Going to get this kit fitted for the summer hopefully!

Out of interest, what are the fitting costs that epople have had for this kit?

Thanks guys.
Sig pic to big

Offline mkviken

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #309 on: April 10, 2012, 05:19:57 pm »
its very easy to install on your own on axle stands.

a garage shoudlnt charge more than 1 hours labour. its very straight forward

you will need alignment done after though which is around £50

Offline w8scc

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #310 on: April 10, 2012, 06:37:19 pm »
Ok cool thanks for help. My mate is a mechanic so he should be able to do it or if not i go midland vw for all servicing and that so they should do me a good price.
Sig pic to big

Offline cupra_k1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #311 on: April 10, 2012, 10:59:56 pm »
Ok cool thanks for help. My mate is a mechanic so he should be able to do it or if not i go midland vw for all servicing and that so they should do me a good price.

Jody at Midland VW charged me £140 to fit the WALK kit, front lower arm bushes and full wheel alignment.
The WALK really is a great mod and well worth doing in my opinion.

Offline mkviken

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #312 on: April 10, 2012, 11:33:34 pm »
That's not bad as the bushes are a pain to fit DIY

Offline w8scc

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #313 on: April 11, 2012, 10:20:16 am »
Yeah Jody got back to me last night with about that price. Just waiting to sell my vagcom and then ill buy it and get booked in at midlandvw. When getting the walk.. any advise doing anything else to? and why? was going to get lower engine mount insert done aswel.
Sig pic to big

Offline mkviken

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #314 on: April 11, 2012, 09:20:47 pm »
Yes they're a great mod

I've got a whiteline bumP steer kit to go on the car. Might be worth doing at the same time so 2 alignments aren't needed. I would have fitted it same time as the WALK but had to wait a while for the BS kit