Make a donation

Author Topic: Whiteline Anti Lift Kit  (Read 208745 times)

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
Re: Whiteline Anti Lift Kit
« Reply #345 on: July 06, 2012, 06:19:59 pm »

I was unaware that SuperPro made the bushes for Whiteline.  I will enquire with SuperPro to see what they say.

....I was told this by JKM who usually get their facts right. Note that they said that this was only in the early days of WALK.

Response just in from SuperPro:

'Whiteline bushes were made by SuperPro up to 5-6 years ago.

This included the Subaru anti lift kit which had a SuperPro bush fitted to a new bracket – although we offer the same result on this car with a bush which fits the original Subaru mount & avoids the sub-frame fouling issues.

The VW Anti lift kit was done after they switched supply to North Korea & did not use SuperPro bushes or material.'

:P :love:
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #346 on: July 06, 2012, 06:21:41 pm »

I was unaware that SuperPro made the bushes for Whiteline.  I will enquire with SuperPro to see what they say.

....I was told this by JKM who usually get their facts right. Note that they said that this was only in the early days of WALK.

This included the Subaru anti lift kit which had a SuperPro bush fitted to a new bracket – although we offer the same result on this car with a bush which fits the original Subaru mount & avoids the sub-frame fouling issues.

The VW Anti lift kit was done after they switched supply to North Korea & did not use SuperPro bushes or material.'

alex, how much are the superpro bush inserts for the walk kit.... not that i need them replacing yet after you supplied with with nice newish unsplit ones  :happy2: but just for future reference?
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #347 on: July 06, 2012, 06:29:57 pm »

alex, how much are the superpro bush inserts for the walk kit.... not that i need them replacing yet after you supplied with with nice newish unsplit ones  :happy2: but just for future reference?

Just the SuperPro bush retails at £100.76.  You would need to fit them into your original consoles.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #348 on: July 06, 2012, 06:40:37 pm »

acid wheel cleaners are nasty stuff. they will ruin any nice looking brake / suspension metal very quickly.

For regular use i use and recommend autoglym custom wheels (or simply acid free wheel cleaner in its trade form)

....Phew! That's good to know  :happy2: - I only use Autoglym Custom Wheels (or Meg's NXT shampoo).

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #349 on: July 06, 2012, 07:28:08 pm »

....Well, I wasn't too far out: There has been SuperPro history. :happy2:

Thanks for the more accurate info, Alex. You wouldn't have learnt this if I hadn't posted what I had heard  :P  :happy2:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #350 on: July 06, 2012, 07:38:54 pm »

....Well, I wasn't too far out: There has been SuperPro history. :happy2:

Thanks for the more accurate info, Alex. You wouldn't have learnt this if I hadn't posted what I had heard  :P  :happy2:

Very true.   :drinking:  :notworthy:  :happy2:

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #351 on: July 07, 2012, 08:47:09 pm »
had my WALK bushes checked today when ub and xb fitted, all ok so far
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline xxx_mojo_xxx

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 19
  • MUBster DUBster
    • Project MUBster DUBster Evolution
    • Email
« Reply #352 on: July 10, 2012, 07:22:29 pm »

Is it worth me replacing the subframe bolts with these?

They are cheaper from VW mate by about £5. See Mandy's thread for part no's  :happy2:

....But aren't these ECS bolts a different spec and much better than VW OEM's?

They look like the ones we just bought in a Group Buy here.

I may have missed a thread or two Robin but I was under the impression that the two were the same thing (with a difference in price)?? I'm sure Mandy and a few others just bought the OEM ones which cured the subframe movement & noise.

Just had a look at the group buy, they are purchased from TPS which I believe means they are OEM parts (TPS only seem to sell genuine parts). I may be wrong though  :grin:

How do I diagnose if my current bolts have stretched and need replacing?

Offline the bruce

• Thank You
  • -Given: 322
  • -Receive: 100
    • my GTI
« Reply #353 on: July 11, 2012, 10:32:36 am »
noise !!
"You get what you pay for."

Offline Duke

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #354 on: November 02, 2012, 11:40:30 am »
Am thinking of getting the WALK as I use mine on track a couple of times a year and have noticed lift and spinning up of the inside wheel accelerating out of a corner.

Does anyone have the part number of the bolts to change as well please? Is it worth changing them anyway? I was also thinking of changing the other mount parts (part number?) that have been mentioned, but just replacing it for a new set of OEM ones, as I don't want to make the ride harder.

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 450
« Reply #355 on: November 02, 2012, 11:03:40 pm »
Am thinking of getting the WALK as I use mine on track a couple of times a year and have noticed lift and spinning up of the inside wheel accelerating out of a corner.

Does anyone have the part number of the bolts to change as well please? Is it worth changing them anyway? I was also thinking of changing the other mount parts (part number?) that have been mentioned, but just replacing it for a new set of OEM ones, as I don't want to make the ride harder.

I would go with the SuperPro console bushes that fit into the oem consoles if I had to do it again.

Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #356 on: November 02, 2012, 11:05:21 pm »

I did do it again and went SuperPro  :smiley:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #357 on: November 03, 2012, 08:51:56 am »

I would go with the SuperPro console bushes that fit into the oem consoles if I had to do it again.

....So would I. I'm not at all unhappy with my Whiteline's but the SuperPro with lighter weight arms represents very good value.

....Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but most suspension mods which effectively improve handling or the transmission of power to the road/track (no difference) will result in a "harder" ride. The trick is to do mods which don't result in a "harsh" ride. Harder and stiffer is what helps keep your car better planted and which gives you improved driver feedback.

Look at all the handling mods I have (Quaife diff, engine mounts, coilovers, WALK, UNIbraces, ARB's, brakes) - Modding is a slippery slope!

Offline Duke

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #358 on: November 03, 2012, 09:09:18 am »
Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated. So is the SuperPro console bushes just another make doing the same thing? If so then I will go for that.

In terms of the ride, what I really meant was I didn't want the effect of hard springs/coilovers, solid engine mounts etc and so this seemed to be a good solution where day to day you don't notice but works well on track/swift driving? I had the issues it is meant to help with on track a lot, so was hoping it would be a decent mod to help improve that side without spending a fortune :)

Offline biffobear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #359 on: November 03, 2012, 12:31:55 pm »
anyone have a link for prices for superpro?