Make a donation

Author Topic: Shark Performance Remap - Stage 1 GTi DSG - W8 Performance  (Read 5592 times)

Offline jimojameso

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 9
Shark Performance Remap - Stage 1 GTi DSG - W8 Performance
« on: February 27, 2012, 08:47:23 am »
Shark Performance Remap - Stage 1 GTi DSG - W8 Performance

On Saturday i had a stage 1 map added to my 2006 GTi DSG at W8 Performance in Tonbridge so I just thought would fill you all in on how it all went.

Why: To improve performance of the engine.

Sourcing: Shark remaps are available at many dealers around the country but i had mine done at W8 Perfomance in Tonbridge. W8 are the south east dealer and i thought the service was excellent.

Fitting: I had the map applied by Rob but you can order units similar to the bluefin and apply the map yourself. Took 2 hours in total to have it all done.

Other versions: Is available for all variants of the gti, ed30.

Plus Points: Performance is much improved. Car pulls much better than it did before. Acceleration has definately improved a lot. Also economy has got better too. My previous record on my way to work was 38.2mpg. That's mostly motorway (M25). On my first run to work today i got 40.1mpg!! Very please indeed. Nearly a 2mpg improvement!!  :happy2:

Minus Points: None as of yet but i will update the thread if i find any. Exhaust note is slightly louder than before but hardly noticable.

Summary: Great service, great price, very pleased. Would recommend to anyone.

I havn't got any figures yet of the improvement but i am hoping to get the car dynoed soon. Estimate from shark is 40-45bhp improvement.

Cheers

James  :smiley:
2010 Audi TT RS - Sepang Blue - 420BHP, 600NM

Offline Duke

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 4
Re: Shark Performance Remap - Stage 1 GTi DSG - W8 Performance
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 02:38:57 pm »
I have the same map (on manual standard GTi) from W8, except I bought the hand held device used from someone on here. The turbo does pull very strong now. Not noticed any difference on economy, but I do short-med runs generally.

Offline WarrenVrs

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 07:32:56 pm »
I've had a shark map on my octavia vrs tfsi for 60k miles now. Zero issues at all, I'll be going back to them once I get my hands on a mk5 gti.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 06:37:45 pm »
Can you switch to a stock map with the Shark?

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D