Make a donation

Author Topic: Miss richwig83s MK6 1.6TDI  (Read 5712 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=nar0dhniegqnej0mkcfson4a57&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Miss richwig83s MK6 1.6TDI
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 04:35:46 pm »
After have a nosey underneath it appears that there is no back box, it's a straight pipe from the middle box, odd!!

I do hope you are talking about the car Rich and not Mrs RichWig to be.  :evilgrin:  :wink:

:signLOL:

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=nar0dhniegqnej0mkcfson4a57&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Miss richwig83s MK6 1.6TDI
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2012, 06:55:14 pm »
I had the chance today to give this a proper run out.

Journey, Doncaster-Hemel

First thing I noticed is that its amazingly quiet. Even if you spin it around to 5000RPM the engine sounds dull and muted unlike the old PD engines which sound like the dentures of a hundred shivering pensioners. The car managed to get 40MPG by the time I got on the M18, which in my edition 30 would have read about 15-18MPG.

By no means is it an exiting car to drive but I had a bit of fun getting it around the roundabout and onto the motorway, had the tyres squeeeeling  :driver:

As you can expect, the 90bhp 1.6tdi isn't exactly fast, but it pulls smoothly and easily up to 8-9 leptons. It feels solid on the motorway, which is where it will spend 90% of its life

Gear change is smooth, the ride is smooth and steering has good weight (fractionally light). The brakes don't feel that powerful but then again, they don't really need to be.

The car did 60.2MPG and that was hovering between 70-80 on the motorway, so basically double what you'll get from a 2.0T

It also made a change to make a journey and not as some point drive like a complete buffoon  :signLOL:

So far i like it, but it could so with a few more ponies under the bonnet and a few more toys inside.

Rich