Make a donation

Author Topic: APR Stage 1 >>>  (Read 12886 times)

Offline SooperD

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
Re: APR Stage 1 >>>
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2013, 02:09:26 pm »
Ive got an APR dealer near me and am considering going Stage 1.. Firstly (probably been asked a million times before) how much difference is there from stock? Noticeably much quicker? And secondly would I be better off having it remapped with use of a rolling road? I dont think the dealer near me has one so am a bit wary of just tweaking it up and driving away without know that everything like fuel/air ratios etc are in line and not doing damage anywhere.

Thanks.

Offline AndrewJB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
  • die gelbe Baron
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2013, 11:37:42 pm »
What car is it on?

The jump between stock and Stage1 for me was big!
2014 Seat Leon Cupra 280 VWR Springs, VWR Intake, REVO Stage1
LeonOC.com & TDISport.com Administrator

Offline SooperD

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2013, 06:06:02 pm »
Its an 05 GTI golf. Totally stock at the moment.

Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Re:
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2013, 06:44:10 pm »
Stage 1 is generally the biggest gain in BHP for least moolah.

After that it becomes the law of diminishing returns for more and more money until you start replacing the turbo etc. Then it starts all over again.

Offline SooperD

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2013, 06:54:49 pm »
A bit wary of going Stage 1. May ask for 1 of those trials to see exactly how much better the car is with it. How long do these turbo's usually last? Mines over 100k so not sure if i should put extra strain on it as I wouldnt be looking to go OTT and upgrade the turbo etc.

Offline Joemk5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2013, 07:47:24 pm »
Normally the flash of the CEL tells you which mode you are in. When i had APR it was as follows

1 Flash - Stock
2 Flash - 95 Ron
3 Flash - 98 Ron

But if they had flash 2 as the 98 ron and flash 3 as the 95 then he could be in the wrong map.

FWIW when i was runing the BETA maps my performance maps were in reverse order ie 100 RON first to 95 Ron last

You can ask for them to program it how you like. I was asked what order i wanted when Greg did it for me so i just asked for it in order.

Yes that's what I meant, I know the flashing order and they told me three flashes was 98 but I've left it on what I thought was the 95 map since getting it done because its noticeably different it seems, surely it's possible to upload the maps in the wrong order?