Make a donation

Author Topic: ******** BTCC 2012 Thread ********  (Read 51814 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: ******** BTCC 2012 Thread ********
« Reply #210 on: October 21, 2012, 08:12:16 pm »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #211 on: October 22, 2012, 05:43:24 am »
I don't really follow BTCC, but what is the bad feeling towards Plato all about?

Normally all the drivers just give their normal scripted replies to the Media.  Plato on the other hand will say what ever he wants when he wants and often it upsets people.  I personally like it when they speak their mind. An example of this was the previous season when the turbo charged cars and NA cars were on the same grid - all the cars are setup to give the same straightline performance, yet the turbocharged cars always outdragged the NA cars; Plato was one of the few who spoke out about it, and rightly so IMO.  How annoying must it be to overtake someone though the corners only for them to overtake you again on the straights.

IMO Plato is one of the most exciting and talented drivers on the field.  He's renowned for giving people a nudge here and there to get past, but thats BTCC :driver:

« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 05:47:19 am by Janner_Sy »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #212 on: October 22, 2012, 09:22:18 am »

Normally all the drivers just give their normal scripted replies to the Media.  Plato on the other hand will say what ever he wants when he wants and often it upsets people.  I personally like it when they speak their mind. An example of this was the previous season when the turbo charged cars and NA cars were on the same grid - all the cars are setup to give the same straightline performance, yet the turbocharged cars always outdragged the NA cars; Plato was one of the few who spoke out about it, and rightly so IMO.  How annoying must it be to overtake someone though the corners only for them to overtake you again on the straights.

IMO Plato is one of the most exciting and talented drivers on the field.  He's renowned for giving people a nudge here and there to get past, but thats BTCC :driver:

....It's not accurate to say that "Normally all the drivers just give their normal scripted replies to the Media" - There are dozens of televised instances proving otherwise.

Plato is undeniably a very talented driver and the cut-n-thrust of close BTCC racing inevitably results in accidental nudging but Plato far too often nudges other drivers off on purpose and that's not fair competition, IMO.

Watching the race on ITV4 on Sunday it looked clear to me (and many others) that Plato bumped his rival for the championship Sheddon hard from behind on purpose but fortunately (for Sheddon) Collard's BMW stopped Sheddon spinning out. It ended Collard's race and his competing for other honours. If Plato was a fair driver he would have not have attempted such underhand means to beat his rival for the Championship.

We all have our favourite and least favourite competitors in every sport and want those favourites to win, but we all hope to be able to respect our least favourites. For example, I don't like Kimi Raikkonen but I do respect him. However, other than for his school for young drivers initiative, I have no respect for Plato at all.

'Flash' Gordon Sheddon was a very deserving 2012 BTCC Champion and a very popular one all down the pit lane - I wonder why.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #213 on: October 22, 2012, 12:19:26 pm »
This is touring car racing, nudging happens and always has, its been a major part of BTCC for as long as i can remember.  Its why the BTCC IMO  is so entertaining. 

On the World touring Car scene its not as prolific, and more boring as a result.  Maybe you should start watching that?

Im a Plato fan, ill not deny that, but im chuffed Sheddon lifted the title.  He's definitely worthy of the title, and has been for years.  Glad Neal didnt win, i find him boring. 

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #214 on: October 22, 2012, 04:59:28 pm »
This is touring car racing, nudging happens and always has, its been a major part of BTCC for as long as i can remember.  Its why the BTCC IMO  is so entertaining. 

On the World touring Car scene its not as prolific, and more boring as a result.  Maybe you should start watching that?

Im a Plato fan, ill not deny that, but im chuffed Sheddon lifted the title.  He's definitely worthy of the title, and has been for years.  Glad Neal didnt win, i find him boring. 

x2

would have preffered plato to get the title, just glad Neal didnt get it.  :drinking:
If you look at all the penalty points  that are normally given out after the race, plato's name is hardly ever on the list compared to a fair few of the drivers, yet you dont seem to complain about those though Robin?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #215 on: October 22, 2012, 05:34:32 pm »

would have preffered plato to get the title, just glad Neal didnt get it.  :drinking:

If you look at all the penalty points  that are normally given out after the race, plato's name is hardly ever on the list compared to a fair few of the drivers, yet you dont seem to complain about those though Robin?

....I simply don't like Plato. I'm not especially a Honda fan but I like Matt Neal.

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #216 on: December 11, 2012, 09:55:05 pm »
This could be interesting!!

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #217 on: December 11, 2012, 10:17:51 pm »
That will be interesting.

Wonder if the Octavia will appear this year?

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=jf6pf9m7dk6tsp0l91m7onnan2&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #218 on: December 12, 2012, 04:00:50 am »
Is that anything to do with REVO lee??

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #219 on: December 12, 2012, 07:23:37 am »
Is that anything to do with REVO lee??

Nope. Tony Gilham's Team HARD. is building 2 of them along with the 2 Insignias they bought off Thorney lol

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #220 on: December 12, 2012, 08:22:07 am »
This could be interesting!!

thats a great looking car.

Hope the octavia turns up this year.

Offline MattR32T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #221 on: December 13, 2012, 08:31:56 pm »
Looking forward to next year, can see Plato winning it next year now the MG should be more competitive! Although I don't mind who wins as long as its close!