Make a donation

Author Topic: 2.0 TFSI 4 motion  (Read 12272 times)

Offline a89

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Re: 2.0 TFSI 4 motion
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 06:08:43 pm »
Goes straight in!

I had a look at charging the 2.8, engine conversion to a 3.2, 1.8T conversion and saw the 2.0TFSI as the best one in the end. Obviously it's not cheap, but when you look at the other options there isn't much in it, and I know the TFSI isn't as economic as made out to be but they're still more economic than the other engines, cheaper to pick up and more reliable at this power with a better rolling road graph.

Ignore the torque reading as Awesome were having problems with them and they were all high on the day but the car is fantastic to drive:

rolling road web by Photos By Alessio, on Flickr

Offline a89

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 11:33:50 am »
Car is back and cage is in  :love:

roll cage by Photos By Alessio, on Flickr

and one more

Offline a89

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 01:57:43 pm »
So before inters we replaced the heat shielding on the bulkhead with gold! Then JJ @ R-Tek made a lovely heat shield which will be wrapped in gold, and the intake was wrapped in gold. So engine bay looks like this:

Will eventually make an airbox enclosure, and probably wrap that in gold, because its nice. Nothing to do with heat reflection.

As said, cage was painted, lovely bright orange, with the front uprights matt black to stop sun reflecting in eyes, and I chopped the dash in half to put it back in because I don't have the patience of putting the full one back in.

Before all that I replaced the clutch with helix uprated paddle clutch as my old one was slipping at low down on full boost (ie 4th gear flat out from 2k would slip a little at 3.5k then grip again at 4k). I was told by Euro Car Parts that the helix clutch and pressure plate would fit the fidanza flywheel, they were wrong, so I had to get the helix flywheel too. Its heavier than the fidanza one, about 6kg instead if 3kg but it all fits together and the clutch now grips, very well as I found when I dumped the clutch at inters.

Helix left, Fidanza right.

Offline a89

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 01:58:28 pm »
Inters 2012:

I only did a couple of runs with a few bits and bobs in the car, bag, jackets, umbrella etc, before they shut the strip due to an incident. First one I set off quite cautiously, 2.5k rpm dumped clutch bogged down a little, 0-60 in 5.8 seconds, quarter mile in 13.8 sec.

2nd run I took JJ out in it, dumped clutch from 4k rpm, plenty of grip, 0-60 in 5.1 quarter mile in 13.3 sec, so without a passenger, or stuff in boot, dumping it from approx 4.5k rpm I reckon 4.8/4.9 0-60 and 13.1/13.2 1/4 mile.

If anyone has videos or photos please post them up, I didn't take any.

Offline a89

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2012, 12:31:28 pm »
Few photos I've found,

Inters022 by huwflet, on Flickr

Inters023 by huwflet, on Flickr

IMG_2733 by mattphotos23, on Flickr

Offline a89