Make a donation

Author Topic: What format should the Calendar take? Vote please  (Read 4245 times)

Offline 08micsta

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 63
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
What format should the Calendar take? Vote please
« on: November 18, 2008, 06:25:16 am »
Hello again guys.

Please take the time to vote. Here is the link.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=97760.new#new

Voting is for 5 days and to satify Joe  :nerd: I have allowed you all to see the results.  :wink:

Happy voting once again.

Mike

**Im feeling very democratic lately**  :drinking:
No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
Re: What format should the Calendar take? Vote please
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 06:39:42 am »
i chose the second one, basically because you live so far away and wouldnt be very practicle.

you could set up a thred and make it able to be downloaded, this way you could keep some kind of track of how many people have them  :smiley:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 06:48:25 am »
I dont think printing them would be such an issue.

I am certain there are members on the other forum and maybe here that would be willing to print them. I would supply everything. All they would have to do is give the pics to the printers and say print in a desk calendar. And obviously whatever profit as small as it would probably be would go to whichever member took the time and printed them to thank him for his efforts.

Hurdy actually suggested a digital format last night which is why we figured holding another vote would be good.

Thaks for voting Joe and I will def take your idea into consideration. In fact I have a computer programmer that could be able to put it into a downloadable Zip folder or something.

Mike
No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 06:56:01 am »
how about putting it on a webpage, then everytime someone downloads it a counter would go up, this way we can see just how many are going to people, also would be very easy to advertise on other forums with a simple link to click,

would have been good to have it as mk5golfgti.co.uk as then it could give a bit of free advertisment and draw some more people in.

hope you understand me   :jumpmove:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 07:15:59 am »
Hello

First off. I dont have money to pay for a website. And although Im certain I can build one its unfortunately not practical although in theory the idea is good.

Secondly. Joe.... You not the most complicated person to understand  :driver: and I get what you are hinting at here. But as I said in PM form to you a while ago. Unfortunately as much as I would love to put this forums website on there I cannot. The calendar originated on the other forum and it would simply cause issues.

However I will PM JV (The owner of the other forum for those that dont know) and ask him how he feels about having our website name on the calendar. If he is happy with it and Steve is happy then I will include it. Nice comprimise.

My idea for the digital version is:

You have the digital version available as a download. You place this download as a sticky in the MK5 general area/ MK5 area as a sticky on both forums. This will allow people to download it. When we have launched the calendar what we can do is go onto the other forums (UKMK5's, Vortex, Club GTI, Biali Sport etc) and make posts there with links to the sticky containing the download.

That way other forums can use the calendar, and both forums can get good publicity. Whats your opinion on that?

Mike

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 07:21:35 am »
 :signLOL:

mike, websites can be owned for free, im saying just a blank site with the calander being downloadable.

i personally would not ask jv that, i would ask him if maybe both forum names could be on the calander, but that may make this look like a sister to golfgti.com, which i doubt he would like  :smiley: but if you dont ask you dont get eh?  :happy2:

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 07:31:53 am »
Oops... I didnt know that... You got some links there Joe? Mayeb I can put something together.

I pm'ed JV and asked him how he felt about having both forum names on the calendar because both sites contributed to the calendar. I explained the marketing purpose of it and I look forward to his reply.

If he does not like it there is nothing we can do. But if he does then its all good.

Besides. Im in the promotions industry too and if this forum wants branded badges, shirts or practically anything I can supply that for track meets etc. It would be simliar to a ebay seller system. We do BMW, GM Motors and VW down here in SA already so its very possible.

Mike

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 07:38:37 am »
i dont have any links sorry pal, but im sure that when the rest of the mob get outa bed  :indifferent: therel be alot more help on this subject, also steveP seems to know his stuff  :party:

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 07:50:57 am »
lol!

I keep forgetting that Im an hour or so ahead of you guys... No wonder the response is a tad slow.  :signLOL:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 05:28:34 pm »
I think just do a calendar it seems far to complicated putting both websites on to advertise or whatever and getting permissions
It originated for that forum so its only fair if you put a name to it apart from yours Micsta then it should be theres i think.

What about Photoshopping our soon to be available window stickers into the cars or putting Mk5golfGTI.co.uk on a sun strip.  :laugh: :laugh:  only joking by the way.  :signLOL: