Make a donation

Author Topic: Front wing rust warranty success!!  (Read 331722 times)

Offline Tattooroo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Front wing rust warranty success!!
« Reply #1290 on: October 13, 2017, 05:29:04 pm »
Got the confirmation today that they will replace and paint both wings.  :pomppomp:

Offline acko2204

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #1291 on: October 14, 2017, 07:57:26 pm »
Got the confirmation today that they will replace and paint both wings.  :pomppomp:
Nice one 👍🏼

Mine is still at the bodyshop..if I get it back Monday will have took them 7 days, fuel tank will probably be empty  :grin:

Offline RC84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #1292 on: October 14, 2017, 10:59:38 pm »
I'm booked in to have my wings assessed tomorrow.  They have started to bubble, so fingers crossed all goes well.  I would want the new wings blended in and will argue this point if needed.  Anyone had any success in having their wings blended in?  If so, any tips on what to say/do?

I have a small amount of rust on one sill and a tiny amount at my boot handle.  I would like these done as well but I'm not holding out much hope.  Again, if anyone has any advice on how to try and get these done then that would be great.

Assessment is being done at VW Glasgow on South Street.

How did you get on mate? That dealer is quite close to me so would be good to hear your dealings with them. Did you book the assessment through a phone call or email?

Offline stugolf

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #1293 on: October 15, 2017, 12:42:24 pm »
Nice one my mates been trying for ages without success

Offline Tattooroo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #1294 on: October 15, 2017, 06:08:04 pm »
Nice one my mates been trying for ages without success
[/quote

Is it worth trying a different dealership?

Offline Eves

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 6
Front wing rust warranty success!!
« Reply #1295 on: October 16, 2017, 12:24:04 pm »
Ok so my local Inchscape VW has refused to even book the vehicle in for an inspection.

They stated that because the vehicle is over 10 years old it’s out of warranty and they do not look at the 12 year warranty anymore. On to the next.

Edit....

Just spoken and booked in with another garage (VW Brentford) and spoke to the service manager who confirmed the 12 year warranty and has heard of the process.

Will be taking my vehicle there next month and leaving it there for the day to be assessed.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 05:08:05 pm by Eves »

Offline H18Golf

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #1296 on: October 16, 2017, 02:27:12 pm »
@RC84 Didn't get on well at all mate.  They measured the paint depths on both wings and said that they were 4-5 times deeper than when the car left the VW factory.  Reckon he said that the cars come out with a paint depth of 113 microns or something around that.  Was raging at the time as I had it in my head that as the car is in mint condition then there would be no problems, how wrong was I!    :sick:

Mine were 500-600 in places indicating that they had been painted again at some stage.  I'm now going to have to get 2 new wings.  Having spoken to a couple of people on here that have done similar, you can pick up pre painted wings on eBay for around £200.  That will be next months job. 

The guy that i dealt with was called Colin, I phoned up and booked an inspection.  Hopefully you get on better than me.

Offline Tattooroo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #1297 on: October 17, 2017, 06:49:36 pm »
Yeah my bonnet was 115, been sprayed. Wings were 60-70. Booked in for the 1st. New wings paint refit and courtesy car

Offline CBC21

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #1298 on: October 22, 2017, 09:29:44 am »
Has anybody managed to get the rear arch and door still repaired under warranty? Drivers side on a 3dr.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

larrylamb

« Reply #1299 on: October 22, 2017, 04:48:28 pm »
Hi everyone, newbie to the forum and welcome advice from all.  Just looked at a Mk5 3 door Gti today February 2006 model. Has 2 rusty wings, a knackered driving seat bolster and cloudy headlights. Good points are last owner had it for 9 years, full service history and 99K miles. Up for sale at £3500 but looking to put in a cheeky offer if these faults can be fixed reasonably. Any ideas on costs and if I have a chance of VW wing replacement.  Thanks.

Offline H18Golf

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #1300 on: October 23, 2017, 01:49:37 pm »
@larrylamb I've just had my wings looked at and to be honest, unless you can get someone to measure the paint depth on the wings prior to you buying the car then there is a risk they have already been worked on and VW wont do anything for you under warranty.  My car looks mint apart from the wings bubbling, however after visiting VW the paint depth is higher than when it left the factory so they wont help me.  I will now be looking at a couple of hundred quid to get new wings.

As for the headlights, you get kits to polish them and bring them back to almost as good as new.  Some people on here have used them, have a search and you will find more information, if not Google is your friend.  Cant help with the seat repair unfortunately, but as this is quite common I would imagine someone on here will be able to help with rough costs.   :happy2:

larrylamb

« Reply #1301 on: October 23, 2017, 06:59:37 pm »
Thanks H18Golf, I think I'm going to leave it, I would prefer one in much better condition to start with. Thanks for the wing advice.

Offline Eves

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #1302 on: November 10, 2017, 07:41:32 pm »
Took the Golf to Inchscape VW in Brentford this morning to be assessed. Warranty manager thinks the claim should be successful as the rust is only just beginning to shown and the vehicle is mint.

Offline abz132

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #1303 on: November 11, 2017, 02:06:31 am »
Took the Golf to Inchscape VW in Brentford this morning to be assessed. Warranty manager thinks the claim should be successful as the rust is only just beginning to shown and the vehicle is mint.

Hi mate, is that the VW in Chiswick, West London? And if so what is the best way to arrange an assessment?

Thanks

Offline Eves

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #1304 on: November 11, 2017, 07:43:03 am »
That’s the one. The huge garage.

I called up and spoke to the service manager and booked it in for an inspection. They’re fully aware of the problem