Make a donation

Author Topic: Front wing rust warranty success!!  (Read 331771 times)

biffboy81

Re: Front wing rust warranty success!!
« Reply #1320 on: March 30, 2018, 09:31:38 pm »
Hi guys first post here but recently bought a 56 plate GTI  only 52 thousand miles on it, and slight bubbling coming through on both front arches.
Do i have any chance of geting VW to do both front wings considering ill be right on the limit of the 12 year warranty claim?
Id be approaching Agnews in Belfast.

Offline Bane

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 5
  • "I was born a handsome man and now I'm half a goat
« Reply #1321 on: April 24, 2018, 01:37:56 pm »
Hello chaps,haven't been on here in a while.
Gave the car a good clean at the weekend and noticed for the first time,the dreaded rust on the drivers side wheel arch...I thought that I had gotten away with not having it but it seemed to have appeared overnight!
Rather than trawl through 89 pages on this subject,I'll just ask two questions;
1) has the warranty changed from lifetime anti corrosion to a 12 year guarantee?
2)is it worth all the hassle of trying to get VW to cough up a repair on an 11 year old Golf or just take it to a bodyshop and get it done?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 01:44:15 pm by Bane »

Offline delob

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
« Reply #1322 on: June 15, 2018, 08:57:28 pm »
Had the car in for a DSG service today with a VW main dealer and while I was in there asked about the corrosion warranty. In fairness to the service manager he acknowledged it is a 12year warranty but also gave me some fluff about the corrosion having to come from the inside out and because I have previously touched it up that might affect the claim. He took photos and agreed to send the claim to VW HQ for judgement. I am not holding my breath!
Graphite Blue MK5 GTI

Offline delob

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
« Reply #1323 on: June 15, 2018, 08:57:48 pm »
Had the car in for a DSG service today with a VW main dealer and while I was in there asked about the corrosion warranty. In fairness to the service manager he acknowledged it is a 12year warranty but also gave me some fluff about the corrosion having to come from the inside out and because I have previously touched it up that might affect the claim. He took photos and agreed to send the claim to VW HQ for judgement. I am not holding my breath!
Graphite Blue MK5 GTI

Offline kam760

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
  • On the search for an edition 30.
  • My Ride: On the search for one...
« Reply #1324 on: June 15, 2018, 11:09:11 pm »
They always find a way to refuse with sadly.

Offline fazi123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #1325 on: October 29, 2019, 12:21:59 pm »
Sorry to bring this thread back up! But I've a 2008 "58" Mk5 which has just started displaying the bubbles on both front arches. The bubbles are barely visible at the moment, but I took it in to VW to get it inspected & the inspector submitted a warranty claim. The chap who inspected it was a sound guy and said we'll go ahead and submit the claim and see what VW has to say and I should hear back within a week or so.

Has anybody had any recent success with this?

Also the paint readings on both sides were between ~70 & 130. From what I've read it indicates the paint is still factory so I don't think they've ever been done before.

Thanks

Offline coolhandluke

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #1326 on: October 29, 2019, 02:36:39 pm »
Sorry to bring this thread back up! But I've a 2008 "58" Mk5 which has just started displaying the bubbles on both front arches. The bubbles are barely visible at the moment, but I took it in to VW to get it inspected & the inspector submitted a warranty claim. The chap who inspected it was a sound guy and said we'll go ahead and submit the claim and see what VW has to say and I should hear back within a week or so.

Also the paint readings on both sides were between ~70 & 130. From what I've read it indicates the paint is still factory so I don't think they've ever been done before.

Thanks

I would be surprised if you hear back in a week, it took about 3 months for me to hear anything but the claim was OK'd.
Mine was a 56 plate and fell just inside the 12 year warranty.
Good luck with yours.

Offline Eves

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #1327 on: October 29, 2019, 02:38:30 pm »
Rust buckets.  Wouldn’t bother.  More hassle then they’re worth. 

Offline fazi123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #1328 on: October 29, 2019, 02:45:00 pm »

Thanks

I would be surprised if you hear back in a week, it took about 3 months for me to hear anything but the claim was OK'd.
Mine was a 56 plate and fell just inside the 12 year warranty.
Good luck with yours.

Cheers for the info Luke.

How long ago did you get yours sorted?

Thanks

Offline fazi123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #1329 on: October 29, 2019, 02:46:41 pm »
Rust buckets.  Wouldn’t bother.  More hassle then they’re worth.

Well I've already got one.... I can't just get rid of it for the slightest bubble coming through the arch - albeit both of them :)

Oh and I dunno - they're a pretty good car and I don't think you can get a better all rounder without spending a considerable amount of £££ more.