Make a donation

Author Topic: Front wing rust warranty success!!  (Read 331753 times)

Offline jedi-knight83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 40
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
Re: Front wing rust warranty success!!
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 11:34:59 pm »

another slap in the face to owners like me who were flat refused any warranty work from the dealer and told to consult the dealer when I called vw customer service.

Dear VW... FCUK YOU.

....Have you tried referring them to the VW PDF document which recognises the fault and instructs how VW dealers should fix it?

No i need to find it and print it out. TBH i think I'll try the dealer in the next town which is a different franchise as well but would be handy to have this as ammo incase they are just as useless.

The down side is I bought it used from a guy in scotland so I have no history of taking it to my local dealer. Plus side is its got a VW history all be it at the scottish dealer.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 12:05:11 am »
^^^^
It has been posted but was later password protected. If you PM me your email address I'll send it to you (though possibly tomorrow rather than tonight as I'm off to sleep soon).

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 42
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 06:22:35 pm »
That good news, what dealers did you both use?

Need to pull my finger out and get mine sorted

I used Breeze VW in Poole. Fortunately they are a very good dealership, not like some of the cowboys I've heard about on this site! It took around two weeks to get the ok after my inspection.
'16 MK7 Golf 1.4TSI Match Edition

Offline Carla77

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 10:03:58 pm »
Took my car in for the wings to be done last week, the agreement being that we would split the cost 85/15. I had a call yesterday saying that VW had a change of policy and were now agreeing front wings at 100%.

From the way the guy was speaking it sounded like it was a blanket policy change, not just specific to my case. If you've had your rusty wings turned down, I'd suggest that you try again.

Still only agreeing 70/30 on the sills and the tailgate though grrrrr!!

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2012, 01:48:42 pm »
Took my car in for the wings to be done last week, the agreement being that we would split the cost 85/15. I had a call yesterday saying that VW had a change of policy and were now agreeing front wings at 100%.

From the way the guy was speaking it sounded like it was a blanket policy change, not just specific to my case. If you've had your rusty wings turned down, I'd suggest that you try again.

That sounds like good news!!
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2012, 01:54:14 pm »

Sounds good as mine has started in the sills where the wing bolts to it, swear someone said it was to do with the machines on the line doing something to the sill but not seen a technical bulletin for that

MPS

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2012, 02:19:23 pm »
Trying my luck with the corrosion work at the main dealers as we speak. Waiting for warranty chap to get off his lunch! Wish me luck!  :scared:

Offline Carla77

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2012, 02:29:17 pm »

Sounds good as mine has started in the sills where the wing bolts to it, swear someone said it was to do with the machines on the line doing something to the sill but not seen a technical bulletin for that

The dealership explained that early gti's had a fixing plate with 2 steel bolts holding the sill to the wing. Steel is prone to rust so later models had nickel bolts instead. Have been assured that when they sort my sills they will replace the bolts with the nickel ones.

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2012, 02:32:58 pm »
Hmm , seeing as they have to unbolt these bolts to refit your new rust free wings , would it not be sensible to replace them with the nickel ones as a matter of course?
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

MPS

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2012, 05:00:29 pm »
Trying my luck with the corrosion work at the main dealers as we speak. Waiting for warranty chap to get off his lunch! Wish me luck!  :scared:

Service lady very helpful, warranty guy took photos and acknowledged the paint bubbling on the arches. Gotta wait for a call back with the decision now, fingers crossed they'll cover it 100%. From the way the warranty chap was talking he'd obviously seen the problem many times before.

Offline Grande_GTi

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2012, 05:05:13 pm »
another slap in the face to owners like me who were flat refused any warranty work from the dealer and told to consult the dealer when I called vw customer service.

Dear VW... FCUK YOU.

I got a similar issue with VW uk at the moment as my local dealer refused it but i know he refused it to be awkward so Ive taken it up with VW UK tbh there alot more helpfull than I expected

Take as many pics as you can and get the "jobsheet" from your local dealer and take it up with VW UK they have to play a big interest in customer service satisfaction due alot of dealers not being up to scatch

So In a word take your own photos, do some research on the internet to why it rusts and then put it to paper and email or call VW UK :)

instgram @ricky_grande

check out @lowlife_official

MK5 GTi OEM+

Offline Vick N

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2012, 11:46:50 pm »
^^^^
It has been posted but was later password protected. If you PM me your email address I'll send it to you (though possibly tomorrow rather than tonight as I'm off to sleep soon).

RR, could you possibly email me the document too please?

Wifes car needs wings and rust on one wing is bad, it will help get the dealers to pay for the design flaw!

Many thanks bud

Vick
vsn@live.co.uk

:)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 12:26:32 am by Vick N »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2012, 11:53:58 pm »
^^^^
@ Vick:

Done  :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Vick N

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2012, 12:28:48 am »
Got it Red, thanks again.

:happy2:

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2012, 06:38:36 pm »
Just been to Chelmsford VW and the chap from the bodyshop was more than helpful. He knew exactly what I was on about, didn't argue and when I mentioned the sills had no problems including them in the "good will gesture" claim. He took pictures and paint depths of wings and sills. He said he had a few on the go at the moment and doesn't mind doing them. He's processing it tomorrow and then its a 4 - 14 day wait for confirmation from VW UK and then drop it to them for the work to be carried out with a hire car if required. He also said I had gone at the right time as VW are using the neglect get out with some.

So fingers crossed