Make a donation

Author Topic: Front wing rust warranty success!!  (Read 332976 times)

Offline Reflex

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Front wing rust warranty success!!
« Reply #1050 on: November 15, 2015, 09:28:13 pm »
From what I have read 50% is normal for sills, I've not heard of anyone getting them done FOC.

Offline zainster

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #1051 on: November 15, 2015, 11:03:43 pm »
@902jamied what did they say about the sills? Do you mean you got yours blended?

No sorry. They don't do the sills for free. They don't blend the wings onto the doors either. Decent match tho.
I had both front wings replaced and both sills fully repaired all under warranty with 100% contribution. No quibbling,  it was very straightforward and hassle free.

The job was absolutely fantastic, couldn't have been more happy with the work done.

Offline jettamike

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #1052 on: November 16, 2015, 12:01:56 am »
@902jamied what did they say about the sills? Do you mean you got yours blended?

No sorry. They don't do the sills for free. They don't blend the wings onto the doors either. Decent match tho.
I had both front wings replaced and both sills fully repaired all under warranty with 100% contribution. No quibbling,  it was very straightforward and hassle free.

The job was absolutely fantastic, couldn't have been more happy with the work done.

What is your secret? :)

Offline Ditto

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #1053 on: November 16, 2015, 10:57:31 am »
Same here too, wings and sills done FOC. Just keep persevering!

They did a great job, even without the blending option (which they did insist on charging for).

Offline zainster

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #1054 on: November 16, 2015, 04:59:46 pm »

What is your secret? :)

Haha ... sorry no secret, I just asked and they inspected and said yes that would be covered!  :smiley:

Offline garrardrj

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #1055 on: November 21, 2015, 12:14:24 pm »
Taking my sons car into VW next week .... They will measure the paint thickness according to the service guy .... So how thick is factory paint for my reference please , thanks
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Hannakournikova

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #1056 on: November 21, 2015, 02:08:05 pm »
Taking my sons car into VW next week .... They will measure the paint thickness according to the service guy .... So how thick is factory paint for my reference please , thanks
Was told about 120 microns.

Offline trancem

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #1057 on: November 24, 2015, 03:25:04 pm »
Hi guys

Need abit of help please

I took my car in to VW Huddersfield to show them the rusty front wings and sills/tailgate

I spoke to the assistant bodyshop manager who took the paint readings from my car. The nearside wing seemed to have had a previous respray so he said that VW won't cover that, but passed the rest of it on to VW

I called him up again to chase this, and he said VW have said they will pay 100% for the driver side wing, and will contribute 50% towards the sills and tailgate.

Now although this is better than nothing, I want to have the sills and tailgate done completely free too! He's given me a number to take it up further, but before I ring them, do any of you guys have any advice? What to say, how to threaten etc etc.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Offline trancem

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #1058 on: November 25, 2015, 03:21:59 pm »
I took my golf to the vw body clinic in bradford for both wings and sills checking about 4 weeks ago.
 I got a call Wednesday from them saying vw are willing to do the drivers wing free of charge, as for the passenger side and both sills they will pay 50%. Id have to pay £372.02 with the 50%. I refused on the phone so the guy at the body clinic give me the number to vw customer services, I rung them explained what had been said the complaint had been logged. I got told a manager would call me within 36hrs but I missed the call on Friday. Do I need to tell them anything to get the work done FOC? Im willing to seek legal advice if necessary as I don't see why I should pay a penny for the corrosion issue

Any update on this mate? How did you get on? I'm in the same boat as you!

Same here too, wings and sills done FOC. Just keep persevering!

They did a great job, even without the blending option (which they did insist on charging for).

Which dealers was this at guys? And did they accept it straight away or did you have to go through VW UK?

An update on my case, I rang VW Customer Services and spoke to a chap, explained that I wanted the sills and bootlid done FOC. He logged my case and said somebody would give me a ring back in 36 hours to discuss futher. Lets sit and hope!

Offline zainster

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #1059 on: November 25, 2015, 04:21:36 pm »
Mine was at windrush slough.
I spoke to Abi there,  she is the warranty manager.  Very helpful and made the whole process so easy. 

Paint readings and pictures were taken and sent off before I was informed it was all covered.

Offline bingbunny

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #1060 on: November 25, 2015, 07:16:23 pm »
Ok so I took mine to my local dealer last week about the bubbles showing on the wheel arches. He did paint thickness test and found no fault. He then explained to me that because its right on the edge of the arch that it wouldn't be covered.

I went home and read the terms and conditions of the warrantee and found no information to say that it shouldn't be covered.

I then wrote a letter to VW UK and said that under the terms provided and agreed, my wheel arches should be covered under the warrantee. Obviously stating that any communication with myself may be used as part of litigation.

I was quickly contacted by VW and they have been in contact with my local dealer and requested that I go back so they can have another look. They did re state that it may not be covered as the area the rust is showing is likely to be caused from water and the warrantee does not cover outside elements (bullsh*t).

To help me, and most likely help you guys, or people in the future. I will post a photo of my arches and the area of rust. If someone can post or PM photos of rust in the same location and information to show that it WAS covered under the warrantee and fixed by VW, I will give this information to my solicitor to proceed with action. I will then be happy to provide my solicitors details to anyone who gets denied in the future with the same issue.

Offline trancem

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #1061 on: November 27, 2015, 03:08:07 pm »
Ok so I took mine to my local dealer last week about the bubbles showing on the wheel arches. He did paint thickness test and found no fault. He then explained to me that because its right on the edge of the arch that it wouldn't be covered.

I went home and read the terms and conditions of the warrantee and found no information to say that it shouldn't be covered.

I then wrote a letter to VW UK and said that under the terms provided and agreed, my wheel arches should be covered under the warrantee. Obviously stating that any communication with myself may be used as part of litigation.

I was quickly contacted by VW and they have been in contact with my local dealer and requested that I go back so they can have another look. They did re state that it may not be covered as the area the rust is showing is likely to be caused from water and the warrantee does not cover outside elements (bullsh*t).

To help me, and most likely help you guys, or people in the future. I will post a photo of my arches and the area of rust. If someone can post or PM photos of rust in the same location and information to show that it WAS covered under the warrantee and fixed by VW, I will give this information to my solicitor to proceed with action. I will then be happy to provide my solicitors details to anyone who gets denied in the future with the same issue.

Hi mate

Can you please PM me a copy of the letter you sent and also your solicitors details please

Just had a call back from VW to take more info, the chap said he needs to call the retailer as it's the retailers decision and not theirs. And tried feeding me with bullsh*t about the difference between corrosion and perforation. I suspect when he calls me back he will decline my case. He also said whatever the decision will be final! I better start preparing to take this further so any help from you will be greatly appreciated

Offline shaunbop

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #1062 on: November 29, 2015, 09:42:13 pm »
They wont budge off 50% for me either, the customer care have now closed the case. Im looking into legal action against them

Offline Daveyboy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 46
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #1063 on: December 01, 2015, 09:32:47 am »
I've not had a problem at all with mine. They said the would do it and contacted me with a date for it to go in which happens to be today, gave me a courtesy car and told me there's a recall to do on it so there gonna do that as soon as the wing is replaced which I'm more than happy with.
It seems there's a few dealers will do things without a problem but some that seem to think that doing the repair is going to be taken from there own wages

Offline Newbieintown

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #1064 on: December 01, 2015, 01:01:56 pm »
Success :-)) what was the recall they were on about?
MK5 Golf GTI
200bhp
Tornado Red