Make a donation

Author Topic: Front wing rust warranty success!!  (Read 331705 times)

Offline coolhandluke

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
Re: Front wing rust warranty success!!
« Reply #1275 on: September 24, 2017, 10:59:53 am »
Got mine back yesterday and have to say I'm very impressed , 1st class job and the car has never looked cleaner

Good stuff. I must get around to doing this. Did you call VW at any point?

No , other than the initial call to the dealer to make the appointment for them to look at it .

Offline DavGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #1276 on: September 24, 2017, 03:06:57 pm »
Can anyone tell me how long it takes from having the car assessed to them confirming they are going to carry out the work? Left the car in to be looked at 4 weeks ago and haven’t heard anything since.

Offline coolhandluke

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #1277 on: September 24, 2017, 04:53:59 pm »
Took about 3 months till I heard back and they had the car for 4 days to carry out the work.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 06:22:24 pm by coolhandluke »

Offline killarag

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #1278 on: September 27, 2017, 06:22:50 am »
Anyone able to send me over the PDF for this please?

My email is liam-knowles@live.co.uk

Many thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DaveyBoyWonder

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #1279 on: September 27, 2017, 09:05:34 am »
Still need to get mine in for a look but I'm not sure I can be faffed with any hassle. How much are new wings?

I'm thinking the same. Tunbridge Wells motorline didn't want to know about mine. Sounds like everyone that gets the "ok" still has to fight for months.

I'm actually currently waiting for a call back from Huddersfield VW now to take the car down so we'll see...

Offline ReflexRob

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #1280 on: October 04, 2017, 01:50:24 pm »
Yesterday I sent a polite but annoyed email to VW UK (go to their contact us page) stating that I had been waiting for 5 months for them to respond to my claim for a rusty wing.

Today I got called by the local VW dealer to say that VW UK have authorized replacement and paint for 100% of the cost.

If anyone has been waiting ages, I suggest you send an email as it can't be a coincidence that VW UK have suddenly sorted this all out for me without any argument!

Happy days!

Offline acko2204

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
    • Email
« Reply #1281 on: October 06, 2017, 01:40:41 pm »
Not had my Golf GTi long, and wings had very slight bubble under paint on the underside of both wings (not bad at all) but mine also had the sill rust

Took it into my local VW bodyshop were it was assessed two week ago & got a call back today to have it booked in next week 👍🏼 Wings 100% covered but not prepared to do sills FOC, I've got to pay £75 + VAT for each side 😔

VW also said for best results wings would want blending in to the door but I'd have to pay £75 + VAT  for each side again which I was not at all happy with but got nowhere when arguing the case. So just wings & sills at a cost off £180 to me

Offline Eves

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #1282 on: October 06, 2017, 01:41:42 pm »
Not had my Golf GTi long, and wings had very slight bubble under paint on the underside of both wings (not bad at all) but mine also had the sill rust

Took it into my local VW bodyshop were it was assessed two week ago & got a call back today to have it booked in next week Wings 100% covered but not prepared to do sills FOC, I've got to pay £75 + VAT for each side

VW also said for best results wings would want blending in to the door but I'd have to pay £75 + VAT  for each side again which I was not at all happy with but got nowhere when arguing the case. So just wings & sills at a cost off £180 to me

Which garage was this

Offline acko2204

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #1283 on: October 06, 2017, 01:45:24 pm »
I did mention to the guy at VW bodyshop that as it's a wing rust fault and your 100% commited to repair under warranty then my car should come back out the bodyshop no worse then it arrived & if that means you needing to blend wings into
door then that should be warranted too, but NO.

Not very good, I just hope the match is not noticeable otherwise I'm not gunna sign it off  :booty:

Offline acko2204

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #1284 on: October 06, 2017, 01:47:55 pm »

Which garage was this
[/quote]

VW Thurnscoe, in based in Doncaster

Offline Tattooroo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #1285 on: October 10, 2017, 12:57:42 pm »
Took mine to Peterborough vw yesterday and they seemed really positive. Paint depths were taken across the car. Shops hear by Friday

Offline H18Golf

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #1286 on: October 11, 2017, 10:49:11 am »
I'm booked in to have my wings assessed tomorrow.  They have started to bubble, so fingers crossed all goes well.  I would want the new wings blended in and will argue this point if needed.  Anyone had any success in having their wings blended in?  If so, any tips on what to say/do?

I have a small amount of rust on one sill and a tiny amount at my boot handle.  I would like these done as well but I'm not holding out much hope.  Again, if anyone has any advice on how to try and get these done then that would be great.

Assessment is being done at VW Glasgow on South Street.

Offline TeamKHK

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #1287 on: October 11, 2017, 01:56:58 pm »
I'm booked in to have my wings assessed tomorrow.  They have started to bubble, so fingers crossed all goes well.  I would want the new wings blended in and will argue this point if needed.  Anyone had any success in having their wings blended in?  If so, any tips on what to say/do?

I have a small amount of rust on one sill and a tiny amount at my boot handle.  I would like these done as well but I'm not holding out much hope.  Again, if anyone has any advice on how to try and get these done then that would be great.

Assessment is being done at VW Glasgow on South Street.

It depends what colour your car is but say if it's black like my GT (LC9Z) then blending in shouldn't be required. I purchased a replacement & fully painted wing from a company off eBay not long ago and it matched the rest of the car straight away. I believe it's only lighter colours that will require blending.

With regards to the sill, you may have a bit of a battle with getting them to sort that out but worth a shot - other people all over the net who have had rust issues on the sill have reported that VW will blame it on stone chips etc. and won't touch it.

Good luck - Liam.

Offline H18Golf

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #1288 on: October 11, 2017, 04:50:23 pm »
Thanks Liam.  My car is gun metal grey so from what you have been saying, blending may not be required.  Fingers crossed I get somewhere with it all tomorrow.   :happy2:

Offline acko2204

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #1289 on: October 11, 2017, 06:15:58 pm »
Mine is Silver, so I'm hoping it looks decent when finished..in my eyes made sense to get sills sorted and repainted along with the brand new wings so no rust issues.

The VW bodyshop manager who I spoke with said silver ain't to bad at matching up but I'll let people who've already had silver wings done comment.

(Car is there now, dropped it off Tuesday..hoping to get it back Friday)