Make a donation

Author Topic: Front wing rust warranty success!!  (Read 331697 times)

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 42
  • Got another Golf!
Re: Front wing rust warranty success!!
« Reply #690 on: October 25, 2014, 04:54:38 pm »
We were notified within days that VW had agreed to change both wings on ours, The wings have indeed been changed and looks a good job too! So can't fault them there!
But as for the paint match (Black LC9Z) is piss poor, I went to collect the car in the pissing down rain and noticed it before they took the car inside and dried it with a chammy where it looked even worse, Kind of had a blue pearl effect to it.
 We are now awaiting to see what is going to happen.
Just be aware that the wings are painted off the car (Well ours were anyway!) And the straight edge colour difference stands out like a sore thumb!
They are also saying they don't blend in any warranty paintwork, But as our car went in all the same colour were expecting it back with a better match than it currently has.
 I am not going to slag them off just yet as after 45 minutes standing there arguing with 4 blokes they have said they would get in touch with VW customer services to see what they could do with regards to painting the bonnet and doors to try and get a better blend.
  They knew the paint match was sh*t but tried to fob off the 2 wrong people as my MRS is proper fussy with her car!

Thats a shame. Blending wasn't mentioned with my repairs, but my bodyshop did a good LC9Z match with my wings and boot on separate occasions.
'16 MK7 Golf 1.4TSI Match Edition

Offline Jimbo86

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #691 on: October 25, 2014, 07:19:34 pm »
We were notified within days that VW had agreed to change both wings on ours, The wings have indeed been changed and looks a good job too! So can't fault them there!
But as for the paint match (Black LC9Z) is piss poor, I went to collect the car in the pissing down rain and noticed it before they took the car inside and dried it with a chammy where it looked even worse, Kind of had a blue pearl effect to it.
Just be aware that the wings are painted off the car (Well ours were anyway!) And the straight edge colour difference stands out like a sore thumb!
They are also saying they don't blend in any warranty paintwork, But as our car went in all the same colour were expecting it back with a better match than it currently has.
 I am not going to slag them off just yet as after 45 minutes standing there arguing with 4 blokes they have said they would get in touch with VW customer services to see what they could do with regards to painting the bonnet and doors to try and get a better blend.
  They knew the paint match was sh*t but tried to fob off the 2 wrong people as my MRS is proper fussy with her car!

Thats a shame. Blending wasn't mentioned with my repairs, but my bodyshop did a good LC9Z match with my wings and boot on separate occasions.

What happened with your boot? Did they repair or replace? Assuming you had rust under the badge...

Offline leeandstaz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
    • Email
« Reply #692 on: October 25, 2014, 08:17:05 pm »
Nothing wrong with our boot, Just the wings, The drivers one had rotted through and the passengers side one was just going so they done the 2.
Just a poor match on the paint, If it was a near good match I wouldn't of noticed and therefore would of been happy. I understand that there is going to be a slight shade difference as the paint on the car is 9 years old compared to the fresh paint on the wings.
Hopefully they can get something sorted out.
 Will update as soon as we know.

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #693 on: October 25, 2014, 10:45:32 pm »
Nothing wrong with our boot, Just the wings, The drivers one had rotted through and the passengers side one was just going so they done the 2.
Just a poor match on the paint, If it was a near good match I wouldn't of noticed and therefore would of been happy. I understand that there is going to be a slight shade difference as the paint on the car is 9 years old compared to the fresh paint on the wings.
loll

What happened with your boot? Did they repair or replace? Assuming you had rust under the badge...

Yeah it was rust under the badge. They checked to see how bad it was and deemed it repairable. So they repaired it. They only wanted to do a 50/50 split on repair costs but I kicked up a fuss and got it done free of charge.

Offline Jimbo86

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #694 on: October 26, 2014, 12:13:39 am »
loll

Yeah it was rust under the badge. They checked to see how bad it was and deemed it repairable. So they repaired it. They only wanted to do a 50/50 split on repair costs but I kicked up a fuss and got it done free of charge.

Good to know. That's the approach I'm taking with them on Monday. If they are willing to accept rust on the wings and offer 100% it should be the same for the boot.

Offline Markweir12

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #695 on: October 28, 2014, 04:57:16 pm »
Could anyone send me the PDF or template letter?

mark.weir@mylchreests.com

Offline mk4gti-t

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 61
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #696 on: October 28, 2014, 07:16:35 pm »
Booked in at listers coventry for the work to be done 24th november  :happy2:

Unfortunately i had a coming together with some local wildlife(a big deer!) on the way home from work at 6am which has caused some damage to the o/s/f wing.

Hopefully this wont be an issue as they've already said yes to the work.......

Offline Dalejones

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #697 on: November 03, 2014, 09:20:28 am »
Do you need any service history or do they need to see any documents? I'm going there today..

Offline Markweir12

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #698 on: November 03, 2014, 09:52:59 am »
Turned me down due to being on the Isle of Man!

Said I would have to cover costs on boat and hotel which would accumulate to around £500 a time!

All because they don't have an approved body shop here! I work for JLR and we are in same boat but have a nominated bodyshop!

Offline mk4gti-t

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #699 on: November 03, 2014, 10:30:00 am »
You need to take your service book with you dale.

Offline Dalejones

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #700 on: November 03, 2014, 11:53:33 am »
Just went to VW swansea, the manager was very helpful he didn't want to see any docs, and reassured me that I should get 2 new wings 100% under warrenty! Just waiting to here back from the report! Fingers crossed!

Offline mk4gti-t

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #701 on: November 03, 2014, 11:56:22 am »
Well done mate. I think vw have finally realised how big the issue really is! Mine is booked in to be repaired on 24th November :-)

Offline Dalejones

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #702 on: November 03, 2014, 12:02:18 pm »
Yes definetly! Really would have thought they would have learnt this from the mk4! Why they carried on with the foam pad behind the wing is beyond!

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #703 on: November 03, 2014, 07:11:38 pm »
Yes definetly! Really would have thought they would have learnt this from the mk4! Why they carried on with the foam pad behind the wing is beyond!

To be honest they seem to keep changing the goal posts on this issue. They started off a bit reluctant with people, then they seemed to change their mind and have a policy of agreeing to all repairs. A while later that seemed to tail off again with them being more fussy about doing it free and now by the sounds of it maybe they are being more helpful again!  :confused:

Offline theminty1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #704 on: November 06, 2014, 08:12:19 am »
Good morning chaps.
I am about to become a MK5 golf owner in the near future and have noticed the front wings are rusting and bubbling pretty bad. From reading thro' this thread it would seem that the TSB would be a handy thing to be armed with to go see the dealers. Can someone please send me a copy to

murray@murraydawson.wanadoo.co.uk

Cheers. Looking forward to becoming an active forum member.   :smiley:
140 BKD GT TDi  5dr