Make a donation

Author Topic: *****Scopes RS GTI*****  (Read 130590 times)

Offline scopes

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 131
  • -Receive: 115
  • Wolfsburg Edition
    • My GTI
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,49748.0.html
*****Scopes RS GTI*****
« on: June 25, 2012, 03:51:11 pm »
Hey Guys & Gals

Been on the forum a while now & thought it was about time I added in my GTI...  :happy2:

It came with heated seats, headlight washers, heated windscreen washers & a few extra bits...

One of my 1st mods the CAI

with the R8 oil cap cover , all i ever did was clean it untill the slippery slope started  :jumping: :rolleye: :jumpmove:

Then with more power I needed more stopping power, so as i was just starting out he Black Diamond disc's
 all round groved, Braided Lines & better pads...

Sorry about the bad brake pic, its the only 1 i can find at the moe!

Added in Fast

With black badges front & rear

with number plate surround

Rieger front spoiler

#
What was i gona do next... the list goes on... i had met a couple of friends with ed30's
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 10:22:17 pm by scopes »
If it's not broke, Mod it.....

Silver is the way !

Offline scopes

• Thank You
  • Wolfsburg Edition
    • My GTI
    • Email
Re: Scopes Reflex Silver GTI
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 09:33:01 pm »
Added 1 of these... From forge

with #

From Newsouth

« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 04:03:34 pm by scopes »

Silver is the way !

Offline scopes

• Thank You
  • Wolfsburg Edition
    • My GTI
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 02:34:44 pm »
Big Tim pointed me in the right direction  :happy2:  with his ed30 probably being the fastest in the country, he kept me right...
So that was most of the things backed up ready for a re-map, i had went with a company morebhp.co.uk, i liked the idea of having my own box to switch through maps, alien tech box i think there called.

So uploaded the file & went for a drive that was me hooked for more power, an easy stage 1. I couldnt belive the difference it made WOW!
I didn't have a RR done to find out what bhp it was making.

Before long i wanted more power!  :drool:

So the mods list got longer
Added a BSH catchcan tried it for a few month's or so  :rolleye:

Sorry about the bad pics these where taken of my phone at the time  :ashamed:

Some sexy red hose's  :evilgrin:

some clamps to hold them in place

With the Forge throttle body pipe

At around the same time i think i removed the catchcan...

What was my goal?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 09:31:39 am by scopes »

Silver is the way !

Offline TheBIGJAYY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 10:30:25 am »
for what reason did you remove the catch can mate? im unsure on what the use of these are really or what bonus it gives to the car...

Rainford Accounting Services
Tel. 07875505637
Email. jrainfordmaat@gmail.com

Offline scopes

• Thank You
  • Wolfsburg Edition
    • My GTI
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 10:59:36 am »
Hey Jay

I like to try different things, I tried this it was the BSH Catch Can which is pretty small and a nightmare to clean out sometimes, it might have been easier with a different design of catch can, there is folk that think the world of them, the likes of forge have had good reviews from Red Robin.

I'm now running with the BSH PCV Delete Fix & find it works well, no leaks no mess & a less tappity engine.  :happy2:

Silver is the way !

Offline scopes

• Thank You
  • Wolfsburg Edition
    • My GTI
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 11:01:49 am »

Silver is the way !

Offline TheBIGJAYY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 12:36:38 pm »
ahh nice :) yeah i had read the review from RR on the forge catch can but what effect does it have on your engine?

Tel. 07875505637

Offline percy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 02:33:55 pm »
Nice thread there mate! I must say that i also went to morebhp for a stage 1 and i too was impressed with the results plus they had a sale on and got it £199 instead of 3350! :happy2:

Offline scopes

• Thank You
  • Wolfsburg Edition
    • My GTI
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 02:40:00 pm »
whats all the fuss about ? Copied from john_o thread   http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7040.msg108922.html#msg108922

through no fault of our own after relatively few miles and dependent on conditions the inlet tract on  TFSI engines starts to foul up.
dont think its just a high mileage issue , its happening to us all. 

heres jonnyc S3 8P (still the 2.0 TFSI) intake valve from a stripdown at xx,xxx miles :

jonnyc's S3 stripped

why ?
heres a useful diagram.
The key thing to remember is that the TFSI doesnt have a catch can (but everything else is relevant) , and oil fumes / water vapour and related gumph are ported back into the engine to try and achieve good emissions...
On most cars this is not a problem as fuel washes constantly keeping everything clean.
The bad news is that TFSI is direct fuel injection (injectors spray directly into the combustion chamber), so the only thing passing the intake valves is air (and the oil and water vapour gunk), this is really bad news.

this happens to both standard or remapped cars, but the increased boost pressure is liable to make the issue worse.

How does this work on the 2.0 TFSI ????
heres some info on another thread , with a >>  diagram of flow <<

Hope this helps!  :happy2:

Silver is the way !

Offline scopes

• Thank You
  • Wolfsburg Edition
    • My GTI
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 02:48:48 pm »
Nice thread there mate! I must say that i also went to morebhp for a stage 1 and i too was impressed with the results plus they had a sale on and got it £199 instead of 3350! :happy2:

Cheers Percy

Yes another forum member gulfstream had recommended them to me at the time, I liked the idea of having the box to switch maps myself, and I’m in the proceeds of having my own tuner use the box now for a different set of maps...  :evilgrin:
Maybe Normal mode, Fast mode, Race mode, then threw time i might install a WMI kit; there is room for 3 maps. So I will have to decide what stays & what goes!  :innocent:

Silver is the way !

Offline TheBIGJAYY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 04:47:41 pm »
whats all the fuss about ? Copied from john_o thread   http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7040.msg108922.html#msg108922

through no fault of our own after relatively few miles and dependent on conditions the inlet tract on  TFSI engines starts to foul up.
dont think its just a high mileage issue , its happening to us all. 

heres jonnyc S3 8P (still the 2.0 TFSI) intake valve from a stripdown at xx,xxx miles :

jonnyc's S3 stripped

why ?
heres a useful diagram.
The key thing to remember is that the TFSI doesnt have a catch can (but everything else is relevant) , and oil fumes / water vapour and related gumph are ported back into the engine to try and achieve good emissions...
On most cars this is not a problem as fuel washes constantly keeping everything clean.
The bad news is that TFSI is direct fuel injection (injectors spray directly into the combustion chamber), so the only thing passing the intake valves is air (and the oil and water vapour gunk), this is really bad news.

this happens to both standard or remapped cars, but the increased boost pressure is liable to make the issue worse.

How does this work on the 2.0 TFSI ????
heres some info on another thread , with a >>  diagram of flow <<

Hope this helps!  :happy2:

boom! thats awesome mate cheers, i actually understand the use of one now  :happy2: ha, still learning   :ashamed:

Tel. 07875505637

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 04:53:37 pm »
This is part of the reason I'm running water methanol injection. It helps clean the valves. Good explanation there too  :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline Mackie1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 07:17:56 pm »
Great explanation there Neil  :wink:

Offline scopes

• Thank You
  • Wolfsburg Edition
    • My GTI
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 07:38:35 pm »

This is part of the reason I'm running water methanol injection. It helps clean the valves. Good explanation there too  :happy2:
Great explanation there Neil  :wink:

Cheers guys  :drinking:  maybe threw time i will have a new design of catch can to use, 42dd make a good one...  :happy2:

Silver is the way !

Offline scopes

• Thank You
  • Wolfsburg Edition
    • My GTI
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 12:26:01 am »
So with more power mods done, handling had to be sorted out...  :driver:

A set of KW's at the ready

Sport shock absorbers  :notworthy:

KW Sport Shock Absorbers meet all claims of a modern high-performance damping system. All KW sport shock absorbers are specially developed with a sportive damping setting for road-use. KW engineers are using all their knowledge from suspension development and motorsport to find a perfect setting during extensive road testings. The twin-tube gas shock absorbers are equipped with hardened, chrome-plated piston rods and offer ideal protection against stone chips and corrosion. A new innovative monoblock rod guide and seal system raise the pressure resistance, reduce the friction and enhance the capability. The new working piston with V-shaped Teflon seals reduce the friction losses to a minimum and ensure a high temperature-resistant and long-lasting damping system. All KW sport shock absorbers are equipped with a rebound (shortened stroke), assure optimum bore-stroke ratio and arrange pre-stressed springs. A big part of the rear axle shock absorbers is equipped with spring plates which are height adjustable by slots. This enables to vary the car height in 5 additional positions.
•Characteristic curves specifi cally for the intended use
•Extensive road testing for optimum road-holding
•Optimised working piston with V-shaped Tefl on seals
•Pressure resistant monoblock guide and seal package
•Extremely low-friction and pressure resistant system
•High temperature-resistance and constant damping forces
•Hardened, chrome-plated piston rods
•High-quality components, modern production processes
 and optimum quality control guarantee reliability and durability
•Shock absorbers with shortened stoke, in some cases with spring
 plates height-adjustable by means of slots

I had these installed with my KW's:-  :innocent:

http://www.hrsprings.com/products/id-race/

H&R Race Springs
■Lowers 1.75 - 2.5” on average
■Designed for responsive, tight handling and performance
H&R Race Springs are designed for high performance drivers who want the most out of their vehicles. When the need for uncompromised handling performance becomes a priority, H&R Race Springs will provide over-the-top race ready performance and appearance. They help balance vehicle weight for improved performance and control, while lowering the center of gravity. Expect a reduced roll center and reduced body roll from H&R Race Springs.

It was a perfect match made for track, but a bit hard for everyday road use, as i could feel every little stone on the road but it handled the very best, the shocks made such a difference as to when i had the H&Rs on with standard shocks...  :happy2:

With the shocks & springs i added:- The Whiteline anti lift kit

My Big mate Tim Advised me to get these at the same time aswell, without these before long i would have needed new bushings! Im glad i listened.

Polyurethane replacement bushings for your front control arms
Key Feature and Benefit
 Whiteline bushings utilise the latest technology polyurethane materials combined with effective designs such as the internal bore knurling and grease retention lips for optimum lubrication & performance.

Features and Benefits
 Whiteline utilises the latest polyurethane technology to provide bushings with the combined physical advantages of a solid bushing such as strength & geometry retention with the extreme flexibility characteristics of rubber . All bushings supplied feature internal bore knurling to maximise grease retention and eliminate squeaking.

To help reduce wheelhop & understeer  :driver:  also look good when up on the ramp!
&
They did work, less slip when putting the power down on dry & wet roads, tourqe steer was no longer, but a new set of tyres was  :signLOL:
For those who dont know about whiteline:
Whiteline Anti Lift Kit (WALK) is designed to add 0.5 deg static positive caster to both front wheels while changing the nature of front anti-dive & lift. The low compliance bush also maintain higher dynamic positive castor. By changing the front control arm geometry - the new alloy mounts coupled with the new low compliance polyurethane bushes change front suspension attitude. This leads to superior traction under power including cornering & dramatically reducing understeer & front wheel spin. The additional castor coupled with the new firmer bushes supplied serve to dramatically sharpen initial turn-in response then forcing more consistent alignment angles through the corner due to the reduced bush compliance

Wheel alignment was then to be had, after all that the car was totally transformed  :jumping: i just enjoyed driving it...

Silver is the way !