Make a donation

Author Topic: VWR / Vibratechnics 'Fast Road' Lower Engine Mount - Review....  (Read 78131 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: VWR / Vibratechnics 'Fast Road' Lower Engine Mount - Review....
« Reply #135 on: August 02, 2017, 11:33:30 am »
I remember reading your build thread when I first started looking  at GTI's, your cars legendary  :signLOL: any recent pictures of it?

Two weeks ago with OZ wheels refurbished but old AP Racing brakes....

Last week with revo brakes....

Thanks for the compliment!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Kai96

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: August 02, 2017, 12:12:56 pm »
Car still looks amazing. Doesn't look like it's aged one bit. I love all the little touches of carbon fibre around it, the breaks and alloys are a stunning combo are they 17" or 18" alloys ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #137 on: August 02, 2017, 12:44:46 pm »
Car still looks amazing. Doesn't look like it's aged one bit. I love all the little touches of carbon fibre around it, the breaks and alloys are a stunning combo are they 17" or 18" alloys ?

....Some of the carbon parts are painted.

The OZ alloys are 18" Alleggerita and about two-thirds of the weight of the OEM BBS 18" - They make a big difference to feedback when driving hard.

The revo brakes feel smoother than the AP and have awesome stopping power. It's important to remember that not every car behind you can stop as quickly!

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Kai96

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: August 02, 2017, 02:19:32 pm »
They look really good I'm on eBay liking for some as we speak

Online pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #139 on: August 02, 2017, 02:25:42 pm »
8 years isn't bad at all.   The VWR blue ones, or the rubber Vibratechnics?

....I was expecting more than 8 years as an aftermarket component but do appreciate that VWR are more track orientated and everything gets replaced quite often.

They are the same ones as in my original post in this review thread. So rubber I guess. Are the blue ones poly?

Plural.  Thread is about just the dogbone mount.  So are you saying you have all 3 VWR mounts, and all 3 have failed?  No mention of that in this thread, not that I could find amongst all the bickering at least.

Yep, the blue ones are poly and not made by Vibratechnics.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2017, 04:57:28 pm »
Plural.  Thread is about just the dogbone mount.  So are you saying you have all 3 VWR mounts, and all 3 have failed?  No mention of that in this thread, not that I could find amongst all the bickering at least.

....My apologies, although I wrote both original review threads it's a few years since I revisited here and I got them mixed up.

Yes, my BHS(?) arm failed and also the 2 VWR engine mounts, not blue poly, failed.

My gearbox stabiliser arm has been replaced with Vibra Technics and the 2 engine mounts with revo.

Online pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2017, 10:26:39 am »

....My apologies, although I wrote both original review threads it's a few years since I revisited here and I got them mixed up.

Yes, my BHS(?) arm failed and also the 2 VWR engine mounts, not blue poly, failed.

My gearbox stabiliser arm has been replaced with Vibra Technics and the 2 engine mounts with revo.

Ah OK, no worries, thanks for clearing that up.   It's just that I put all 3 VibratorTechniques (sic) mounts in a couple of weeks ago, but I'd be happy with 8 years lifespan tbh!  That's 8x longer than the OEM ones last  :grin:   Hope the Revos work out for you!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D