Make a donation

Author Topic: History of the Forum?  (Read 115675 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: History of the Forum?
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2012, 10:33:25 pm »

^ The first meet: 29th November 2008

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2012, 10:35:31 pm »
^^^
That is an absolutely brilliant pic :happy2:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2012, 10:40:20 pm »
^^^

absolutely :happy2:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2012, 10:46:19 pm »
^^^

If you click on the link that SteveP posted for this meet, there are loads of great pics of this meet.

Offline Matto

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2012, 11:19:08 pm »
How about another forum mega meet?

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2012, 09:08:42 am »

Brilliant idea! Central to the country would be good. I would love to help organise this if needed.  :happy2:

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2012, 09:18:14 am »

Brilliant idea! Central to the country would be good. I would love to help organise this if needed.  :happy2:

....I've come to the conclusion that you are a meets whore, Ian! [I'll post pics of our mini-meet elsewhere].

We found before that somewhere near Wolverhampton was fairly 'central' for the forum's membership, although it doesn't suit Scotland etc. The location will always be a compromise.

May I suggest you start a new thread on the subject, Ian?  :happy2:. And if you need any advice/tips on organising it, just ask.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2012, 09:29:51 am »

....I've come to the conclusion that you are a meets whore, Ian! [I'll post pics of our mini-meet elsewhere].

We found before that somewhere near Wolverhampton was fairly 'central' for the forum's membership, although it doesn't suit Scotland etc. The location will always be a compromise.

May I suggest you start a new thread on the subject, Ian?  :happy2:. And if you need any advice/tips on organising it, just ask.

If it was to be a Forum mega-meet, would I not need permission from Steve P & Top Cat to post such a thread?

Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2012, 09:42:59 am »

Brilliant idea! Central to the country would be good. I would love to help organise this if needed.  :happy2:

May I suggest you start a new thread on the subject, Ian?  :happy2:. And if you need any advice/tips on organising it, just ask.

If it was to be a Forum mega-meet, would I not need permission from Steve P & Top Cat to post such a thread?

....You don't need permission to start a meet thread but it would be a good idea to inform the Admin team (SteveP, TopCat, Greeners) by PM. They could then perhaps consider posting a header notice (under 'News' at top) like the one linked to this thread, in due course.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 09:51:44 am by RedRobin »

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2012, 10:01:41 am »
Wolverhampton!!  :laugh:

Nah your ok Robin, I'll give that one a miss!  :signLOL:

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2012, 12:34:29 pm »

Is that a no to me doing a thread on it Greeners?

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2012, 12:43:53 pm »

Is that a no to me doing a thread on it Greeners?

Not at all.  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2012, 01:57:16 pm »
^^^^
@ Ian: Some folks think that Wolverhampton is a dodgy area - I lost my front number plate there but they did me a favour by me losing the mount as well.

That first mega meet wasn't at Wolverhampton but somewhere not too far away IIRC - Stafford?

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2012, 02:08:53 pm »
^^^^
@ Ian: Some folks think that Wolverhampton is a dodgy area - I lost my front number plate there but they did me a favour by me losing the mount as well.

That first mega meet wasn't at Wolverhampton but somewhere not too far away IIRC - Stafford?

I was thinking of maybe turning it into a show, maybe to celebrate 5 years of the forum in 2013? It would be great to do it somewhere with a track  or hill-climb or even just a long straight? We could pay for it with sponsorship from tuners and parts companies? Perhaps a bit ambitious, but it would  be amazing! Call it Mark 5. Nice and simple. All Dubbers welcome, but a focus on the Mk5 and it's part-sharing VAG family?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2012, 02:21:59 pm »

I was thinking of maybe turning it into a show, maybe to celebrate 5 years of the forum in 2013? It would be great to do it somewhere with a track  or hill-climb or even just a long straight? We could pay for it with sponsorship from tuners and parts companies? Perhaps a bit ambitious, but it would  be amazing! Call it Mark 5. Nice and simple. All Dubbers welcome, but a focus on the Mk5 and it's part-sharing VAG family?

....Any event with a hillclimb or track has to have proper Marshalls, flags, fire extinguishers, ambulance in attendance etc. I'm not saying it couldn't be done but some forum members won't want to go on track but would still need to pay for their attendance so the circuit's fees could be met.

I stand to be corrected of course, but I don't think that the forum's Admin team would want to get invloved in any form of sponsorship.

Sorry, I'm not trying to dampen your enthusiasm but am just playing devil's advocate and pointing out what might be involved etc.