Make a donation

Author Topic: A drive to remember....and a sound to die for!!  (Read 8229 times)

Offline ukdub

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 7
Re: A drive to remember....and a sound to die for!!
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2008, 03:31:53 pm »
Good write up RR.  Glad your going for the Clubsports.  I would have as well, but just a bit out of my price range.  Getting the V3's fitted Monday instead. 

.... :drinking: Cheers!

I'm expecting to get some of my money back when I sell the brand-new-in-a-sealed-box KoniFSD replacements (following their failure).

Out of curiosity, how are you setting up your V3's? Do you already know what settings will suit you or is an expert doing it for you?

I assume you'll laser-align her soon afterwards.

:happy2:

Good question about setting them up.  I believe they are set up pretty well straight out of the box, but there was no point getting V3's if I am not going to adjust them for my taste.  Awesome are fitting them so I will take their advise as they have been running them on their demo mkv. 
Any thoughts on settings RR?
Laser Blue with K04 power, APR hardware controlled by REVO 2+ software
Chassis by KW V3's, Whiteline and a hint of PRO race 1.2's
Brakes by Brembo 4 pots

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2008, 03:48:13 pm »
Good question about setting them up.  I believe they are set up pretty well straight out of the box, but there was no point getting V3's if I am not going to adjust them for my taste.  Awesome are fitting them so I will take their advise as they have been running them on their demo mkv.

^^^ :laugh: :grin:

My only thoughts would be to go low enough to stay practical and without needing to modify the wheel arches! And to maintain a degree of comfort for the road and no 'crashiness'. I believe they are supplied with good instructions and I'm sure Awesome will advise.

If you plan to do track, then camber adjustability makes a big difference, I'm told. But it doesn't mean you can't have loads of fun without it. Chungster has had loads of fun on trackdays completely as standard, IIRC.

Expert advice is partly why I'm going to VWR.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2008, 11:49:29 pm »
Mine came with crap instructions 1 or 2 pages in English 8 in German and the English pages were not much use.  :party:

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2008, 11:22:13 am »
Good write up RR.  Glad your going for the Clubsports.  I would have as well, but just a bit out of my price range.  Getting the V3's fitted Monday instead. 

.... :drinking: Cheers!

I'm expecting to get some of my money back when I sell the brand-new-in-a-sealed-box KoniFSD replacements (following their failure).

Out of curiosity, how are you setting up your V3's? Do you already know what settings will suit you or is an expert doing it for you?

I assume you'll laser-align her soon afterwards.

:happy2:

I've driven awesomes mk5 and been in their S3 which both have V3's and they are pretty impressive :smiley: