Make a donation

Author Topic: Polar fis has f***ed my car (more faults now)  (Read 18232 times)

Offline RoMocop

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Re: Polar fis has f***ed my car (more faults now)
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2012, 06:49:00 pm »
In fairness to Baz he isn't the only person on here reporting problems with the Polar FIS.

I don't know what the current situation with Romany's Golf is as that was fooked the last time I saw it.  :confused:

Ian- I think mine's all ok, gateway is fine. It must just be me having a blonde moment as bacillus' appears to be the same. Mine all works ok and I haven't lost any menus like Baz. Only issue I had was the top part of the highline going black but thinking about it I am not totally sure if it was there in the first place or not as I only get it when my door is open and I scroll through the menus. I suppose I probably would've never have done that before fitting polar fis so hard to say if that caused it or whether its normal. Polar remained helpful each time I asked for help.

I feel sorry for Baz, if I was in his position I wouldnt be happy with the second box being that rattly. Id expect them to take both units back and send a third one (tested).

Revo | S3 Front Brakes| VCDS (Don't know how to use :laugh:)

Also. Golf R, Rising Blue, DSG, Leather, 19" Tallys, RVC, RNS510 DAB, F+R Park Sensors, Hill Hold, CC, DynoAudio, H&R ARBs, Milltek Non-Res CatBack, Garage Vary Carbon Fibre Lip.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2012, 10:10:21 am »
No worries.
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Dannyboi#722

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
  • My Ride: GOLF GTI EDITION 30 TTE480 BHP 446 & 443FT*LB FORGED (Mapped by R-Tech)
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2018, 10:05:28 pm »
Hi everybody known this is an topic, but I've also experienced this problem which turned out that the polar fis had activated transport mode......which a vcds is needed to de-activate transport mode. So anybody experiencing this problem here your answer

Offline Dannyboi#722

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
  • My Ride: GOLF GTI EDITION 30 TTE480 BHP 446 & 443FT*LB FORGED (Mapped by R-Tech)
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2018, 10:06:01 pm »
Hi everybody known this is an topic, but I've also experienced this problem which turned out that the polar fis had activated transport mode......which a vcds is needed to de-activate transport mode. So anybody experiencing this problem here your answer