Make a donation

Author Topic: blow off spacer  (Read 1869 times)

Offline deanogti

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
blow off spacer
« on: July 06, 2009, 10:21:58 pm »
When i went to gti international the other week i visited the forge tent and before i knew it i had a atmosheric blow off spacer and a replacement vacuum operated valve for my mk5 gti.  i havnt got round to fitting it yet but could i loose power from the spacer.
your knowledge would be much appreciated. :smiley:

Offline Jaywoo-GTI

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 34
Re: blow off spacer
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 09:06:59 am »
I don't believe there are any report of loosing power from the spacer, I have one on mine and has been fine for the last 6 months,

It not like on the 1.8t engine where they are prone to throwing up fault codes if you don't recirc the air as on the 2.0tfsi engine it is not monitored by the maf.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 09:09:33 am by Jaywoo-GTI »

Offline andeep

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 12:08:23 pm »
Forge say that they have done a number of tests, dynos etc and there has been shown that there is no performance decrease/increase with the spacer valve.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 01:14:33 pm by andeep »
2006 MK5 GTI -- Revo Stage 1 -- Neuspeed P-Flo -- OEM 'D' DV -- BSH Stage 2 PCV -- Forge Quickshifter -- BSH Pendulum Mount -- NS Boost Gauge + Pod

Offline SteveS

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 05:53:27 pm »
when i put the two together and ran tests with my boost guage, it did always peak a tad lower..  not accurate obv but what i found... it is still worth the sound tho if u can put up with the possibility

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats